Photo

copper peptide advice PLEASE!

hypertrophic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
225 replies to this topic

#41 stillhere

stillhere

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2003 - 03:25 PM

Thinking about ordering the super cp serum. Does anyone know if the super cop is much better or too irritating ? It seems a bit more expensive and I'm trying to save up a bit for the smoothbeam. Read so many posts about the copper peptides seems it's worth a try. Thanks!

#42 Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*

Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 28 July 2003 - 04:01 AM

I've been using the copper peptide serum (the regular one) on and off, plus the glycolic 30% (plus the 3.5 BP wash from Neutrogena..which I LIKE A LOT!). So far out of all products that I got from homepeels, I'm most dissapointed with their "fading gel" (code FG10) about 15 bucks. It didn't reduce that one particular red spot that I want to get rid off , like the blood vessel broke when I pinched my acne...that one spot stays there since then

I looked at the homepeels website on the TriReduction Protect and Restore. It says something about "this is for a person under 30"...sorry for my stupid question, but what'll happen if a person over 30 uses it (I'm uhmm....a bit over 30 myself....) will that person have breakouts? Or the product won't be as effective?

I'm definitely thinking of getting the Super Serum (which if I'm not mistaken a.k.a Super cop), I wonder if I should get the Trireduction products with the retinol or not.

At this point I have very minimal breakouts except in my chin/near under mouth or jaw area. Not many, just a couple, at times. but they can get big and cystic also. Lately its been pretty good as I'm putting on my BP pretty much everyday.

My objective is to further improve my skin tone, reduce scars (off course), and even/smoothen out the uneven bumps. I certainly know there will be a few scars that will NOT go away (like a couple big ones on both my temples), but any other improvements, I'm definitely up for it!

#43 meme

meme

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 August 2003 - 01:38 AM

Can anyone please tell me which type ofpeels to choose from?? either glycolic or lactic peels?
I still have occasional breakouts and am using both the exfol and cp serum to treat my scars with not much improvements :) ..so can anyone please suggest which peel should i start off with, and how to use it. I mean what type of preparation should I do? :-s
Please help !!!!!

#44 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 12 August 2003 - 02:18 PM

I have been using the regular CP serum for a year now, and have just ordered the Super CP serum. I used to do glycolic and then lactic peels before I ever started using the peptides, yet they seemed to make my scars look worse so I stopped the peels.
The regular CP serum in combination with the saline injections over the past year (I have not been consistant with the saline injections) have generated about a 20 percent improvement, perhaps a 30% improvement in some scars. I still have a long, long way to go. I still break out, though due to being on B-5 for the past two years, a strict diet and other supplements, my acne ranges from mild to moderate with the occational cyst, rather than severe cystic. Now that I have been taking spironolactone for a week... I am optimistic that soon the acne will subside more and give me more of a chance to guage the effectiveness of the serum without new scars making everything look worse.
After reading all the posts here, especially Denise's (who I have also followed on Voy) I have also decided to order the salicylic acid peel. I also ordered madelic acid .... I don't think I was getting enough exfoliation to get the real benefits of the serum. With the combination of these new things: the SUPER CP serum, the mandelic acid serum, and the salicylic peels, I am optimistic that I can speed up improvement (I am going to hold off on the Retin A for now, yet may add that in after I get an idea of how this other stuff is working). I will post my progress... Thanks to everyone here...

#45 meme

meme

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:27 AM

hey scorpion_vixen, can u pls tell me where can i buy the salicyclic acid peels and the mandelic acid(what's the purpose of this mandelic acid? :-s )..are they available online?? thanks! :D

#46 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 August 2003 - 01:46 AM

meme you can purchase the salicylic peel from www.glycolicpeel.com..

They actually have a special on the 4 oz package for 89.99 which is cheaper than the 99.99 they had it at prior..

From what i undertand mandelic peels are for people with darker complexion...

#47 Guest_Scorpioness_*

Guest_Scorpioness_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 13 August 2003 - 12:20 PM

Thanks Steve for posting the link again for the salicylic acid peel....
Meme... The mandelic acid is an exfoliating alpha hydroxy acid that supposedly irritates less than other forms of acid. I have very fair skin and am planning on using it to assist in speeding the healing of leftover acne, shrink pores, and even out my skin tone.... I have no expectations of how it is going to work yet though since I haven't used it.... however, in the madelic acid thread people are having results. After I get a feel for how it is working, I will post about it.
I ordered the 10 % madelic acid serum from

http://skincarerx.com

You can read more about people's experiences with mandelic acid on this thread:

http://acne.org/mess...opic.php?t=6094

Hope this is helpful...

#48 meme

meme

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2003 - 10:39 AM

thanks both.. for your replies..i have another question though!! =P~
for both salicyclic and glycolic peels..is there any down time..i mean would my skin go all flaky? or would my skin have breakouts b4 the peel starts working for me?? :-s thanks!! :D

#49 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2003 - 01:33 PM

a far as both pees are concerned.. From what i understand is that you will peel for 2 or 3 days after the peel..

as far as it breaking you out.. It shouldnt..But i guess thats more on the individual and how he or she reacts to it.. but it really shouldnt break you out

#50 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 August 2003 - 08:56 PM

thanks both.. for your replies..i have another question though!! =P~ 
for both salicyclic and glycolic peels..is there any down time..i mean would my skin go all flaky? or would my skin have breakouts b4 the peel starts working for me?? :-s thanks!! :D

meme: I have done a lactic acid peel and did not actually experience any peeling. I only left it on for 3-4 minutes and put moisturizer on afterward.
I didn't have any down time.

#51 meme

meme

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2003 - 12:21 AM

ok..thanks a lot..now all i have to do is to choose the proper peel for myself..hope that i'll choose the right one!! or else.. ](*,)

#52 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 August 2003 - 06:06 AM

I really cannot emphasize enough how strong the salicylic acid peel is. Please....all of you do a test spot before doing the peel. It will burn like the dickens; even for people like me with extremely tough skin. #-o

It's always safest and best to start out at lower versions of acids and work your way up. If your skin is used to exfoliation, then the strong salicylic acid peel may not be too much, but you can dilute it with distilled water if it's really hard on your skin.

Will19 burned his skin with a 30% peel a few weeks ago so we always have to be careful!

#53 eleven

eleven

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2003 - 09:20 AM

Hi denise2 and all who could help,

Need some help from you guys here.

I have read abt your success stories and thus would like to try out CP stuff and all... hope tt would clear my acne and scars.

So since i am 22 and still prone to acne breakouts, am i right to say that i need to have all the below products?

morning:
Cleanse.
Apply CP serum in conjuction with a 2% salicylic acid or a benzoyl peroxide acne cream, if so which apply first?
Then apply moisterizer- emu oil? (To prevent dryness??)

NIght
Cleanse.
Apply CP serum . That's all or with a 2% salicylic acid?
Then apply moisterizer..

Every 3-4 weeks, do peels - 30% Glycolic acid.

Am i getting the sequence right? Pls enlighten as I am new to these products.

Oh my skin condition is moderately oily, so are these pdts suitable for these skin typeS?

Thanks.

#54 Ebby

Ebby

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2003 - 09:50 AM

I really cannot emphasize enough how strong the salicylic acid peel is.  Please....all of you do a test spot before doing the peel.  It will burn like the dickens; even for people like me with extremely tough skin. #-o 

It's always safest and best to start out at lower versions of acids and work your way up.  If your skin is used to exfoliation, then the strong salicylic acid peel may not be too much, but you can dilute it with distilled water if it's really hard on your skin.

Will19 burned his skin with a 30% peel a few weeks ago so we always have to be careful!

YES, Denise, you are sooo right; I did a salicylic acid peel last week for less than one minute and it burned so bad I had to take it off. It took 7 days to heal and I peeled like crazy--I'm just now getting back to normal. I will definitely take your suggestion and dilute it next time with distilled water.

#55 meme

meme

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2003 - 09:59 AM

i'm thinking of getting the lactic peel =P~ ..it was supposed to be the gel type as it is called the lactic gel peel..if so, can i still dilute it with water?? :-k or should the peel be in liquid form?? :-s

#56 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2003 - 12:18 PM

Eleven, it's very hard for me to give specific advice on skin care regimens. What I can tell you is that I DO still break out also, (mostly minor) and that you can do the glycolic peels more than every 3-4 weeks. You can do them twice a week, actually. The salicylic acid peel is much, much stronger than a 30% glycolic peel.

Otherwise, I would strongly suggest you go to homepeels and read the various products that Skin Biology has, that way you can see what best suits you and your skin type. I also wouldn't use emu oil in the morning, it's too thick. Only use it at night. If you want a good day moisterizer that's great for acne, there is one from Living Nature that is very soothing and toning, and it's a clear gel, not a cream. It's all natural. It's called the Manuka Oil and Honey Gel, and you can get it at: www.allnaturalcosmetics.com

Hope that helps!

#57 ArtyLang

ArtyLang

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2003 - 01:04 PM

I have been using cp serum and lactic peels for two months and have had great results. My question is...I recently switched to super cp serum and I also bought super cop cream. Can I use the super cp serum and still apply the cream on my scars afterwards? OR would this be overdoing it? Thanks!

#58 will205

will205

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2003 - 11:01 PM

OR would this be overdoing it?

I think it would but go to delphiforums and ask there because many posters at that forum have been using CP for years.

#59 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2003 - 06:13 AM

If you want a good day moisterizer that's great for acne, there is one from Living Nature that is very soothing and toning, and it's a clear gel, not a cream. It's all natural.  It's called the Manuka Oil and Honey Gel, and you can get it at:  www.allnaturalcosmetics.com

I'm in love with this product!!!It's not just good for acne prone skin, but the little patches of ezcema on my face dissapeared after a few days of using this gel - also, it's great for applying on lips - also kills cold sores. I LOVE IT!!!! I just (today!) received shipment for another 5 jars - it's great value and their shipping is only about 5 days to the UK. Very efficient. I also ordered some of their day cream and manuka oil too!!

Thanks Denise - I always love the products you use :D

#60 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 August 2003 - 08:21 AM

No problem, Maya. I love that stuff, too. Every single Living Nature product I've tried is awesome. I ordered some eye cream but it's on back order right now (BUMMER). But it is one of the best product lines out there!

About emu oil, another favorite......I literally gave myself a slight concusion a few weeks ago and had a bump the size of an egg on my forehead with cut (another scar to heal ](*,) #-o ) and 45 minutes of icing did nothing compared to the emu oil.

The emu oil literally and instantly took the swelling down. Not that I didn't have some swelling and a knot, but at least I no longer looked like the Elephant Woman :-s 8-[ .

My father-in-law fractured his foot the other day and his foot was so swollen they couldn't tell if they needed to operate or not. I told my mom to get some emu oil right away and massage it onto his foot to get the swelling down.

That emu oil really is awesome stuff, too!