Photo

copper peptide advice PLEASE!

hypertrophic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
225 replies to this topic

#21 BritGrlChic

BritGrlChic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2003 - 04:19 PM

Just wanted to update everyone on my progress. Its been about 2 weeks since my NLite and Im very happy with the results so far. I do feel that I have noticed a moderate improvement in the few rolling scars that I have. When I look in flouresent (however u spell that) lighting, I can barely see them when I look directly at the mirror. I definitly remember being able to see them looking straight at a mirror and having the light shadow the scars, I really dont see this anymore! THis is only my second week so hopefully more improvement will come. [-o<

#22 dilemma

dilemma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2003 - 02:24 AM

I've been using the Exfol cream + TriReduction Basic for about 3 months now and think I saw some improvement. I have medium to shallow scars (boxcar/chickenpox-types and some ice-picks, no rolling, lots of small scarred pores). It's hard to tell whether I did see real, substantial improvement but I do think the scars look less obvious. I started incorporating Super Cop into my scar treatment about a month ago. What I do is, I take a tiny bit of Super Cop and spot treat by dabbing it into my indented scars. On the other areas, I use TriReduction.

Here is what I am experiencing. The scars (ice-picks and boxcar/chickenpox-types) where I spot treat with Super Cop have turned red and look like they are filling in (they have puffed up). Some scars also scab and when the scabs fall off, the scars again look as if new skin is forming. In some cases, the scars spot treated with Super Cop form a new pimple (or a whitehead or something like that) inside the scar. The whitehead usually pops on its own and again the scar looks like it is filling in.

My question is this: Has anyone using Super Cop experienced this? Is this 'filling in effect" permanent or does it go away when I stop using Super Cop? I must say I really like this "puffing up" effect because when I wear makeup, I can hide the redness with concealer and the scars do not look indented. I am praying this is a permanent effect. Has anyone experienced this? If this Super Cop is doing what I think it is doing, I plan to continue to spot treat with it and then start using a lactic or glycolic peel once a week to see if I can do anything about those little scarred-pore types.

#23 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2003 - 07:58 AM

It probably is working and filling in the scars, but it's also breaking you out. Yes, I got the exact same thing when I used Supercop. I had to cut back from spot-treating nightly to 2-3 nights a week only. You may want to switch to the super serum if you want to treat your scars and don't want to break out. It's truly amazing stuff. It has salicylic acid in it too.

I also notice that the stronger the peel you use, the better results.

Be sure to work your way up with regard to what kind of peel you use, after a few months, and cut back. I noticed with the last salicylic acid peel I used, I've gotten incredible results with some pretty significant scars. I use a very, very strong salicylic acid peel, which seems to work much better than glycolic acid.

#24 dilemma

dilemma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2003 - 08:27 AM

Thank you Denise2 for your advice. I'm glad to hear that this could be working to fill in my scars. I think I will cut back on the Super Cop like you did and see how that goes. I am thinking about trying the Super CP Serum. One question about the Super CP Serum, Denise2. You said you use it twice a day, morning and evening. If it is like the other copper peptide products, doesn't it make you look kinda like a smurf (blue all over)? How do you manage during the day?

I am looking into lactic peels. I think I will try that first (I have never used peels before) and then maybe try the 30% glycolic peels. I think it could really work for me and my scars. I guess everyone is different - I know some people have not had much luck with copper peptides. Some people respond well to smoothbeam, others to needling and subcision. For me, I think it is copper peptides. I think you really need to be patient though. I have been using it for a few months now and although 3-4 months may seem short, for me it has been a long journey. I still look in the mirror 50 times a day to see if I can see even the tiniest bit of improvement. :(/ I know I need to put in more months if I want to see more results. I guess I will have to learn to be even more patient.

#25 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2003 - 11:50 AM

I personally don't think that people are using strong enough peels to see good results. That's my opinion ofcourse and I always make sure people know I"m on Retin A nightly as well. All of it works synergetically. I have even had some scarred pores improve significantly after using the very strong salicylic acid peels with the Super Serum. Many are pretty much gone totally.

Plus, most people havn't used the SUPER serums. I do admit that the SUPER serums/cop seems to work much better and quicker than the regular serum. I've gotten better results in 8-10 weeks with the super serums than I did in using the regular stuff for one year. I notice that people who were on Accutane or had dermabrasian don't seem to have as good results. Their skin has radically changed after those two things and skin just doesn't seem to heal as well or respond very well for quite a long time after those two things in particular. At least, that is what I've observed.

Anyway, I have never turned green with the Super Serum or the Super Cop. Not at all. Yes, I use Super Serum twice a day.

#26 imbue

imbue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2003 - 12:04 PM

very strong salicylic acid peels

Denise which salicylic acid peel do you use and where do you get it?

Thanks so much!
Imbue

#27 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2003 - 01:16 PM

Hey Imbue. First off I want to say that the reason I don't do glycolic acid peels is because they don't work for me anymore. And....they are incredibly harsh. My skin became immune to glycolic acid years ago.

I started off with lactic acid peels and when I was getting my microderm done, I was told that the office did salicylic acid peels at 30%, which is VERY strong. I always knew that salicylic acid is much better for acne and breakouts anyway as the salicylic acid penetrates the pores better, bypasses dead skin cells and bacteria, making it much better as a peel and for acne.

Anyhoos, I got one at my plastic surgeon's office, and liked it a lot and peeled a bit from it in places. So then I hear that there is a place on the net that has strong salicylic acid peels as well as glycolic. I got the website from another person on the web and ordered it for myself. I was told that they are 80% salicylic acid, which I find incredibly hard to believe. The one I had at the doctor's office was 30% and that thang stung like you wouldn't believe!!! Comparing the one I ordered online with the one at the doctor's office, I would say that they seem pretty much the same.

I don't know it the solution is buffered or whatever, but I do know that when I have done the peel and used the Super serum, I have had incredible results on scars that weren't needled, and also on scarred pores. I had a whole bunch of those scattered through my left cheek in particular and my forehead and they have improved unbelievably, and some have disappeared.

Since I've been doing the peels for a while, I have to say that it HAS TO BE the SUPER serum. I showed Lilian a scar under my eye that I noticed was filling in that hadn't been needled when we were talking about the Skin Biology products. She looked at it really close and could see where it was filling and she was absolutely amazed, as am I!!!!!!

Anyway, here is the site where you can order the salicylic acid peels:

http://www.glycolicpeel.com/index.htm

The products are listed on the left so just click onto "salicylic acid peels" and you can go right to it.

A strong warning though....these types of peels are to be done every 3-4 weeks. These aren't the "do 2 a week" type of peels. This is a strong,strong peel and it will sting the mess out of you! #-o #-o

I cannot stress how happy I am to have found these strong peels and finding that when combined with the Super serum, I've found an amazing thing for scars. Catlover said that he's had a 50% improvement in his scars since doing peels with Super serum as well, and plans on doing nothing invasive or anything else to his scars as he's having such good results.

#28 understood

understood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2003 - 05:00 PM

Denise,

I have been using glycolic for 3 months (30%) and have a new bottle of 40%.

I read you saying that you build up tolerance to the glycolic so then you switched to the salylic acids.

How long was it before you build up the tolerance.

How many peels I mean?

How did you know when it did not help any longer?

Did you have a period of no results and how much time did you waste before you noticed?

Your input is appreciated.

U

#29 catlover2003

catlover2003

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2003 - 08:14 PM

I also believe that strong acids may have to be used along with the copper peptides to help with results. Irritation seems to enhance the the results. The danger of course is someone may not be careful enough or know what they are doing and damage their skin. The safest thing to do is start with the weaker acids and after 2 or 3 months then move up to stronger acids if need be. I've begun to slow down with my results from using 30% glycolic acid abd am seriously considering skipping 40% and moving on up to 50% because I have plenty of experience now (I started with just 2% salilic acid for a long time and then eventually added 30% glycolic acid)and know how to be cautious when need be.
About copper peptides, I do use super cp serum some but it isn't the main cp product I use. I use super cop cream and trireduction with retinol cream mostly. I no longer break out so I can use those cp creams that have retinol in them.
I don't use acids as an actual face peel. I just put them directly onto my scars. When you folks say peels are you referring to spreading across more than just the scars? I assume you just mean the scars. Why put it on more than just the scars?
I also only put the copper peptides only on my scars.
I actually thought I had 60%+ improvement t one time but there was a bit of swelling because I was being very aggressive with my applications. I reentered the work force and had to back off my aggressiveness alot because of too much redness and scabbing every once in a while. Then it became clear that about 10% was swelling and 50% was permanent. I might be a few more % points improved lately but that's all. I believe it is because I'm not irritating my scars enough now since I had to back off because working again,and perhaps because I may need to move up to a stronger glycolic to attack the core areas of my scars in an effort to hopefully desolve scar tissue strands underneath.

#30 Elle

Elle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2003 - 08:33 PM

Question for those of you using c.peptides- does your skin become tolerant of it after using it for a while? It makes my skin break out in red splotchy like pimples.

#31 catlover2003

catlover2003

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2003 - 08:40 PM

My scars haven't become tolerant to copper peptides. Elle, are you putting the cp on more than just the scars? Are the pimples appearing on the scars? Do you tend to still break out? Which cp are you using?
My scars are on my face and I only put the cp and acid products on my scars --not the rest of my face skin.

#32 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2003 - 05:54 AM

Having spent several months using the standard CP serum, I have started using the Super CP serum a week ago - I can definately see that this is stronger and more effective. Like Catlover, I am just using the super CP serum on my scars and pushing it into the pits. I'm doing this nightly and every 2nd night will also apply some Isotrex/retin-a as well on the scars only, on top of the super CP (Denise's protocol!!) - leave it for half and hour and follow up with emu oil.

Still doing the lactic peels every 7 to 10 days - very gentle, don't think I have got immune to this - and the vinegar morning and night.

Have also for 1 week added the Glymed - Derma pigment skin brightner (which has Kojic and glycolic acid in it - just treating one very dark, heavily pigmented and old scar - and this seems to be fading it quite well.

#33 will205

will205

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2003 - 07:28 AM

Have also for 1 week added the Glymed - Derma pigment skin brightner (which has Kojic and glycolic acid in it - just treating one very dark, heavily pigmented and old scar - and this seems to be fading it quite well.

You always get the good stuff Maya. Glad that it is working for you. I ordered the mandelic acid so i hope that can do a similar job..but not sure. All these things are so expensive though :(

#34 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2003 - 08:19 AM

I replied to you here, Understood:

Denise,

I have been using glycolic for 3 months (30%) and have a new bottle of 40%.

I read you saying that you build up tolerance to the glycolic so then you switched to the salylic acids.

How long was it before you build up the tolerance.

Denise: Glycolic acid seems to be very new to some people, but I started using it back in 1993 when it first came on the market. I worked up to using 30% *NIGHTLY*. It wasn't doing jack for my acne breakouts because of using it for years.

How many peels I mean?

Denise: No peels, just in creams to be used daily. I became immune even to 30% glycolic and switched to 50% lactic acid peels (every few weeks) and Differin (switched later on to Retin A micro).

How did you know when it did not help any longer?

Denise: No stinging, no anything. No results.

Did you have a period of no results and how much time did you waste before you noticed?

Denise: For me, glycolic acid wasn't keeping my acne at bay where it once was. Remember that I had been using glycolic acid for years. The problem is that it was over years and years that I built up immunity to it. I could tell it wasn't working because I started breaking out.

Your input is appreciated.

Denise: For most of you, this probably won't be a problem until years down the road.

But I do prefer the salicylic acid peels over glycolic and even lactic.

#35 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2003 - 09:21 AM

You always get the good stuff Maya. Glad that it is working for you. I ordered the mandelic acid so i hope that can do a similar job..but not sure. All these things are so expensive though  :(

It was a toss between trying the mandelic acid or the kojic - but since I was putting in an order for my other supplies at homepeels, and they sold the kojic, thought I'd get some and try it out.

I am tempted to get some of that mandelic serum though, sounds really good.

What haven't I bought????? ](*,)

#36 imbue

imbue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:17 AM

Denise, thanks for the information about salicylic peels. I'm interested in salicylic peels because I've been told it is better for those with Rosacea. I've never done a peel but I bought glycolic acid 40% and Trireduction cream to practice on my stretch marks. :( I may also prctice on my neck and chest area with it because I have some real sun damage in those areas. I may start doing peels after I've completed my local TCA peels on my scars. I'm wondering if the manolic 10% is a good level to start on, but I'm not sure yet.

At this time with yours and Maya's advice I'ce started to use the following gproducts: CP syrum in the am and pm, salcylic acid 2% exfol cream in the am, moisterizer with 30% sun block ( I carry a 45 sun block with me in case I need more), Retin A in the PM and EMU oil in the pm.

Catlover asked why use these products on the whole face? Well I do use some of the products on my whole face because I'm in my thirties and can use the extra collegen. :(

I'm not using the Retin A on my whole face because it is terrible for Rosacea and I do have Metrogel for my Rosacea when it flares up.

#37 Elle

Elle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2003 - 04:19 PM

My scars are mostly pits, I was using the serum all over every time I try the serum after two days I get splotchy red looking pimples with no heads, I always give up after two days because of this and was wondering if I persisted if I would build up a tolerance and the irritation would subside. I think I might try the creams and apply only to the scars.

#38 Steve321

Steve321

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2003 - 06:07 PM

Denise... I just wanted to thank you for the great information you've been giving everyone about these products..

I just purchased CP Super Serum with EMU Oil and a bottle of CP serum.. You have truly been a blessing to us all.. The time you are willing to take out your day to inform not only the people on this board but the people at voy as well is truly an inspiration..

WHenever you post i feel a sense of hope that we can all eventually see great improvement in our skin with time..

Now im about to purchase the Glycolic acid as well to go along with Isotrex my Dr. Rullan is about to prescribe me.. Isotrex happens to be a stronger version of Retin A not sold in the States.. Who knows, maybe i can see Huge improvements over the next couple of months...

One thing about skinbio though.. THey didnt inform that i was supposed to get a free product with my order.. I bought over 100 dollars worth of stuff, THOSE BASTARDS :(..

But thank you Denise your inspiring words..

#39 understood

understood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:20 PM

Denise,

Thanks for you input.

Steve,

Those bastards might just have the stuff that can change your life.

U

#40 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 July 2003 - 03:21 PM

Hey, thanks everyone for your kind words.

I guess I just want to feel "NORMAL"....you know? I mean, if you can do something relatively non-invasive, why not do it?

I would never ever say that something is working if it's not. I wouldn't do that to anyone. We are all in the same boat and need all the good information we can get.

I never ever never ever thought a topical treatment would actually help fill in acne scars!!!! Havn't we all been on these boards for a couple of years trying to fight the good fight? Havn't we tried every topical under the sun?

But one thing to really remember is that this is a slow process. For example, the scar under my eye that I keep mentioning that was really filling in has slowed down quite a bit. The filling in seems to happen for a week to 10 days AFTER the salicylic peel.

Too often we want a quick fix and I'm finding it's best to go slow and be patient. I had looked at everything and all options of treatment when I first started this quest 20 months ago and I am eternally grateful for the internet, people like all of you, and boards like this where communication and the exchange of information is so encouraging and powerful.

Thanks again, everyone, you are all so encouraging also! I would put up some smileys, but the emoticons aren't working!