Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

copper peptide advice PLEASE!

226 posts in this topic

ok..thanks a lot..now all i have to do is to choose the proper peel for myself..hope that i'll choose the right one!! or else.. ](*,)

I really cannot emphasize enough how strong the salicylic acid peel is. Please....all of you do a test spot before doing the peel. It will burn like the dickens; even for people like me with extremely tough skin. #-o

It's always safest and best to start out at lower versions of acids and work your way up. If your skin is used to exfoliation, then the strong salicylic acid peel may not be too much, but you can dilute it with distilled water if it's really hard on your skin.

Will19 burned his skin with a 30% peel a few weeks ago so we always have to be careful!

Hi denise2 and all who could help,

Need some help from you guys here.

I have read abt your success stories and thus would like to try out CP stuff and all... hope tt would clear my acne and scars.

So since i am 22 and still prone to acne breakouts, am i right to say that i need to have all the below products?

morning:

Cleanse.

Apply CP serum in conjuction with a 2% salicylic acid or a benzoyl peroxide acne cream, if so which apply first?

Then apply moisterizer- emu oil? (To prevent dryness??)

NIght

Cleanse.

Apply CP serum . That's all or with a 2% salicylic acid?

Then apply moisterizer..

Every 3-4 weeks, do peels - 30% Glycolic acid.

Am i getting the sequence right? Pls enlighten as I am new to these products.

Oh my skin condition is moderately oily, so are these pdts suitable for these skin typeS?

Thanks.

I really cannot emphasize enough how strong the salicylic acid peel is.  Please....all of you do a test spot before doing the peel.  It will burn like the dickens; even for people like me with extremely tough skin. #-o 

It's always safest and best to start out at lower versions of acids and work your way up.  If your skin is used to exfoliation, then the strong salicylic acid peel may not be too much, but you can dilute it with distilled water if it's really hard on your skin.

Will19 burned his skin with a 30% peel a few weeks ago so we always have to be careful!

YES, Denise, you are sooo right; I did a salicylic acid peel last week for less than one minute and it burned so bad I had to take it off. It took 7 days to heal and I peeled like crazy--I'm just now getting back to normal. I will definitely take your suggestion and dilute it next time with distilled water.

i'm thinking of getting the lactic peel =P~ ..it was supposed to be the gel type as it is called the lactic gel peel..if so, can i still dilute it with water?? :-k or should the peel be in liquid form?? :-s

Eleven, it's very hard for me to give specific advice on skin care regimens. What I can tell you is that I DO still break out also, (mostly minor) and that you can do the glycolic peels more than every 3-4 weeks. You can do them twice a week, actually. The salicylic acid peel is much, much stronger than a 30% glycolic peel.

Otherwise, I would strongly suggest you go to homepeels and read the various products that Skin Biology has, that way you can see what best suits you and your skin type. I also wouldn't use emu oil in the morning, it's too thick. Only use it at night. If you want a good day moisterizer that's great for acne, there is one from Living Nature that is very soothing and toning, and it's a clear gel, not a cream. It's all natural. It's called the Manuka Oil and Honey Gel, and you can get it at: www.allnaturalcosmetics.com

Hope that helps!

I have been using cp serum and lactic peels for two months and have had great results. My question is...I recently switched to super cp serum and I also bought super cop cream. Can I use the super cp serum and still apply the cream on my scars afterwards? OR would this be overdoing it? Thanks!

OR would this be overdoing it?

I think it would but go to delphiforums and ask there because many posters at that forum have been using CP for years.

If you want a good day moisterizer that's great for acne, there is one from Living Nature that is very soothing and toning, and it's a clear gel, not a cream. It's all natural.  It's called the Manuka Oil and Honey Gel, and you can get it at:  www.allnaturalcosmetics.com

I'm in love with this product!!!It's not just good for acne prone skin, but the little patches of ezcema on my face dissapeared after a few days of using this gel - also, it's great for applying on lips - also kills cold sores. I LOVE IT!!!! I just (today!) received shipment for another 5 jars - it's great value and their shipping is only about 5 days to the UK. Very efficient. I also ordered some of their day cream and manuka oil too!!

Thanks Denise - I always love the products you use :D

No problem, Maya. I love that stuff, too. Every single Living Nature product I've tried is awesome. I ordered some eye cream but it's on back order right now (BUMMER). But it is one of the best product lines out there!

About emu oil, another favorite......I literally gave myself a slight concusion a few weeks ago and had a bump the size of an egg on my forehead with cut (another scar to heal ](*,) #-o ) and 45 minutes of icing did nothing compared to the emu oil.

The emu oil literally and instantly took the swelling down. Not that I didn't have some swelling and a knot, but at least I no longer looked like the Elephant Woman :-s 8-[ .

My father-in-law fractured his foot the other day and his foot was so swollen they couldn't tell if they needed to operate or not. I told my mom to get some emu oil right away and massage it onto his foot to get the swelling down.

That emu oil really is awesome stuff, too!

Hey, this is more of an emu oil question rather than copper peptide one but I hope someone can help me. I just received my first bottle of emu oil from Skin Biology and I tried it on my face. The thing is... it has a very peculiar smell. The best way to describe it is that it has rather a "funky" smell. Is it supposed to smell this way or did I just get a bad bottle? Maybe I am a bit sensitive but it really does bother me and I am thinking of wearing perfume to bed :D/ if this really is the genuine emu oil smell.

Hey Denise, Maya and everyone...

Okay, I just ordered some of that manuka honey gel, as well as a couple perfume samples and things. I like all the products that you have recommended that I use (jojoba oil, emu oil, CP serum, Super CP serum)... However, I did a 'patch test' of that salicylic acid peel and holy guacamole... thank god it was just a patch test... I don't know how many people's skins will be able to tolerate that peel... I did it under my lip on my chin and its pretty much bordering on scabby right now... lol.... Anyway... I am going to dillute the peel next time as Denise suggested and do a patch test with that.

Denise... how are you doing on the 'sebacious hyperplasma?' (Impacted whiteheads)... Does the salicylic peel help with those? What do you think works best? I have that stuff on my chin and by my nose....

Also... the emu oil I use, I bought really inexpensively from a company that operates through e-bay. It is just pure emu oil. Do you think one emu oil is superior to another (I was thinking of getting the Skin Biology brand next time).... ?

Thanks!

Dilemma... Yes the EMU oil has unique scent to it... If im correct The Skin Bio EMU oil is pure.. and remember EMU is a type of bird, an Ostrich if im correct.. So naturally its not going to have the most pleasat smell.. Hehe ":)

Scorpion: the hyperplasia lesions are slowly going away through aggressive exfoliation, but check this out. When I got my first round of needling done, I wanted to see if Lilian could "needle" them away. Well, I'll tell you what happened. I got her to needle some of the most stubborn ones and when they scabbed over and the scabs fell off, they were still there. BUT CHECK THIS OUT!. In three months, they have totally gone away! :D/ :D/ :D/

I think that there were some that have slowly gone away over the past year or 18 months that went away due to all the peels I was doing. My derm basically said that Retin A, peels, exfoliation, etc...was the only thing that would get rid of them, but that it would be over time. I found that to be true for many or some of them, but certainly not all of them. Like I said, the stubborn ones that I got needled are pretty much gone now, 4 months after they were needled. As you know, they are in clusters, and I had some clustered on my forehead that were STUBBORN! Those are the ones that are gone now. I might get some more needled and then continue with the Retin A and peels, which pretty much continues the disappearing act.

I hope that helps!!

Dilema - I've got used to the smell - it doesn't bother me at all. I think the skinbio emu oil is superior, it has added good ingredients and it is very pure and peroxide free (so it states).

I am having some success with the supper copper peptides and retin-a mix - doing the combination once a day and somtimes twice. Also, doing lactic peels regularly. I also tried some high % glycolic straight into the pits (as in the TCA cross method) and left them longer than suggested - some slight scabbing appeared (which I wanted) - and that does seem to have caused enough of a minor injury to raise the pitted areas. Will continue to do this. I feel pretty confident that this combination should help a lot, even without needling or subcision - although the use of many methods seems to produce the best results.

Does Emu oil cause breakouts????... I would love to try it but I feel like EVERYTHING breaks me out...

Does Emu oil cause breakouts????... I would love to try it but I feel like EVERYTHING breaks me out...

In my opinion - NO!!! It's fantastic for acne prone skin.

Maya...

Funny you said that about applying the glycolic into the pits for a 'CROSS' effect.... when I did the patch test from the salicylic acid peel on my chin (too BIG of a patch test) it burned the hell out of my chin which still has a thin scab or a thick layer of skin bunching up... not yet ready to peel off and it's crimson red and itches like hell..... [-( Lol...

Anyway, I had the same idea myself... that I was gonna apply the salicylic acid into a few of my icepicks, pits or scarred pores (yes I have it ALL and its atrocious) instead of the TCA as an 'experiment.' I don't want to walk around with too many scabs though, so I am gonna go easy on this one! Because...I'm finally enjoying being almost free of acne....

Let us know how the glycolic 'CROSS' procedure works for you and I'll let you know how the salicylic works for me.....

Scorpion

Scorpion and Maya: Excellent thinking, chickies!!!! :D

Maya, I truly believe that the SUPER serum is truly a miracle. I'm glad you are seeing results.

I'm about to do another salicylic peel this weekend, as it's been 5 weeks since I've done one. I always see such great results after one of those combined with the Super serum, and I never ever thought I'd see those scarred pores improve!! I just thought I'd have them forever, to be honest. I cannot believe the improvement I have with the peels and Super serum!

You guys be sure to let the board know if that really works.

Hi Maya--that's an EXCELLENT idea to simulate the cross method with the glycolic peel! Do you apply it with a Q-tip and rub it in, or just dab it on?

Hi Denise--I'm glad that you are continuing to see such great results; VERY encouraging to everyone! Do you apply the Super CP directly after you rinse and dry from the peel?

Ebby, I apply the Serum everyday ofcourse, and I do apply it right after a peel as well.

If you read the information about the copper peptides on the SB site, they are very explicit that you SHOULD apply copper peptides after invasive procedures because they literally help the skin regenerate and heal. Also, if you read testimonies from people who have had bad experiences with peels and laser surgery, the copper peptides help tremendously. Kit from Asia at Voy had a problem with redness from his Exoderm and the copper peptides cleared it right on up after a few weeks, I think.

When I had the TCA, I noticed that after I had peeled, that I was still red as the dickens. I then thought about applying the copper peptides and the redness immediately decreased dramatically over the next 4-5 days. It's a *HEALING* solution, so it's smart to apply it right after a peel to facilitate healing. With scars, it seems to generate collagen production after a peel.

Denise...Thanks so much for the info. I will definitely do that the next time I do a peel!

Hi Maya--that's an EXCELLENT idea to simulate the cross method with the glycolic peel!  Do you apply it with a Q-tip and rub it in, or just dab it on?

I applied it with a Q-tip straight into the pits.

Thanks Maya....I think I'll give that a try!

Thanks everyone for helping me with the emu oil "smell" question. Guess I'll just have to get used to it because I like the oil a lot. I had no idea it actually came from the bird. I wonder what part of the bird the oil comes from... :-k