Photo

copper peptide advice PLEASE!

hypertrophic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
225 replies to this topic

#1 angel

angel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2003 - 10:08 AM

i recently purchased the skin biology's copper peptide serum and 15% glocolic acid treatment gel with aloe vera from homepeels.com. i am using it on some scarring i have on my back, as well as a couple hypertrophic scars.

has ANYONE had good results with these products (or one or the other)

i am looking for someone who may have used these on their body as opposed to their face, but i will take any feedback i can get.

how long did it take to see results with these products?

does anyone know if it could potentially make raised scarring WORSE!?
this would just NOT be good!

any advice and experience with copper peptides would be great. i want to know your stories. thank you everyone!!!

#2 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2003 - 11:21 AM

Hi Angel - I have used 40% glycolic peels (once or twice a week) with trireduction P&R (strong copper peptides) on stretchmarks - (not raised) - over 6 weeks I can see at least a 30% improvement.
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#3 BritGrlChic

BritGrlChic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2003 - 03:06 PM

Wow, thats pretty cool youve seen a 30% improvement. A few days ago I had my first NLite treatment and yesterday I ordered the TriReduction Protect & Restore Basic Skin Biology cream. Its on its way in the mail and Im very happy to hear youve had nice results with it. So far, as far as the NLite goes, maybe its my imagination, I dont know...but my scars today look like they are starting to fill in a little. Its only been a few days! hmm :-k Like I said, maybe today is just a "good" day and my scars just "appear" better or maybe the Nlite is actually working! As far as the SKin Biology copper peptide cream, anyone else having or had good results with this who might want to post and share with us?!

#4 jamie10

jamie10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2003 - 03:33 PM

BritGrlChic--

Can you give a little bakground info on your scar situation? secondly how much was the N-lite treatment? was it private or NHS?

--sorry to ask U questions, when you're tying to get help yourself, but I'm looking into N-lite myself.

As for your queries, I believe it will do something over a long period of time, with results improving every month or so, but it will not be a dramatic result after a couple weeks. I myself have not used those products but they basically exfoliate and promote collagen growth. That can take time. Combined with N-lite though might improve the situation faster(or are you only using this on your back?)

It's hard to say until you try something, it seems to be the best company for that range of skincare.

#5 understood

understood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2003 - 07:09 PM

Hello Angel,

I have used copper-peptides for six months now.

Results are bordering on excellent.

I have used in conjuction with a 30% Glycolic peel once a week.

I have seen at least 50% improvement and I am starting to believe that in another six months I could be at a stage where the raised scaring is no longer present.

I have had my scars for many years and I have tried other things and they were no where near ass effective as peptides and glycolic.

I would advise you to not over do it to begin with and just use the tri-reduction with exfoliation cream for at least two months before you start to step up to a stronger glycolic.

Regime:

Morning: Apply Exfoliation Cream all over affected areas.
Night: Apply Tri-Reduction in the same manner.

I would think you will start to see results after about a month. You should see skin tone improve first and after around four months should start to notice that your scars appear smaller.

In answer to your concerns that using copper peptides might lead your scars to become worse I will say I doubt that very much.

I would advise you to be two things and that is very patient and diligent with your regime.

I have not missed one day and am starting to reap great benefits. I am at the stage that when I run my fingers over my scars I notice that they feel nearly smooth and that motivates me to keep on going.

I am very confident that you should experience some good results and although every one is different I have to say that I would be suprised if you didn;t see some results because I have had my scars for many years and there are a lot of them.

All the best

U

ps: You might also want to try the emu oil. The only thing that might concern me is that it might make you break out. If it doesn;t it really is beneficial because it helps by aiding in reduction and also with irritation.

#6 Elle

Elle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2003 - 07:16 PM

Hello Understood thank for your post. Have you seen results on depressed or pitted scars too?

#7 BritGrlChic

BritGrlChic

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 11:13 AM

In reply to your post Jamie...
My scars are very minimal rolling scars on my left cheek. I feel this kind of procedure works best for the rolling scars (not ice pick scars) Ive only had them for aprox. 3 years so they are fairly new as well, I dont know if this makes any difference either. My NLite treatment was done in Atlanta..this is where my family lives, I live in Panama City Beach, FL. For the left side of my face, which is where I had the NLite done, it cost me 400.00. The doc also gave me a discount of 50.00 for him having to reschedule my appt due to a funeral he had to go to so I got it for 350.00. I had already paid 75.00 the day I had the consultation with him back in March. So I ended up paying him 275.00 the day I had it done. Im going back in another 6 weeks before I start back school to have it repeated and it will cost me another 400.00. So far Im liking what Im seeing, but then again my scars are very minimal to begin with and prob. not noticeable to many people, but VERY noticeable to me!

#8 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 11:50 AM

I have been using copper peptides for several months now and have seen some improvement in my shallow, pore-type icepicks. I have not noticed a major difference in my other scarring however. I would say it takes about 3 months or so to see some sort of improvement with the copper peptides.

i recently purchased the skin biology's copper peptide serum and 15% glocolic acid treatment gel with aloe vera from homepeels.com. i am using it on some scarring i have on my back, as well as a couple hypertrophic scars.

has ANYONE had good results with these products (or one or the other)

i am looking for someone who may have used these on their body as opposed to their face, but i will take any feedback i can get.

how long did it take to see results with these products?

does anyone know if it could potentially make raised scarring WORSE!?
this would just NOT be good!

any advice and experience with copper peptides would be great. i want to know your stories. thank you everyone!!!

~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

#9 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:26 PM

Said it before and I'll say it again; copper peptide CP Serum was very good, but the SUPER CP Serum is BEYOND AMAZING. Significant scars that WEREN'T disappearing and WEREN'T needled are now filling in.

I used the regular serum in conjunction with peels, Retin A, microderm, etc.....over 16 months, but the Super serum is doing in 8-10 weeks what it took for the REGULAR serum to do in 12 MONTHS!!!! (Do keep in mind I'm using it with the strongest Retin A as well)

Get the SUPER serum people, it's FOR SCAR REVISION!!!!!!!! :evil:/

#10 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 01:31 PM

It's on order!! But taking ages to get to me :D
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#11 dim99992

dim99992

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 03:06 PM

Said it before and I'll say it again; copper peptide CP Serum was very good, but the SUPER CP Serum is BEYOND AMAZING.  Significant scars that WEREN'T disappearing and WEREN'T needled are now filling in.

I used the regular serum in conjunction with peels, Retin A, microderm, etc.....over 16 months, but the Super serum is doing in 8-10 weeks what it took for the REGULAR serum to do in 12 MONTHS!!!! (Do keep in mind I'm using it with the strongest Retin A as well)

Denise2,
Can you give me the address from where you are buying these products? Did the super CP serum cause any breakout when you started using it? I read in some other forums where people complained about the copper peptides causing breakouts but i am not sure where there are buying their stuff from?

#12 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 03:49 PM

Dim; at the Skin Biology site: www.skinbiology.com

I don't use any of the products accept for the SERUMS THAT HAVE NOTHING IN THEM BUT COPPER PEPTIDES AND PRESERVATIVES.

I don't need any of the products with retinol or acids because I use Retin A every night and do peels every 3-4 weeks.

Besides, the products cause some people to break out because they have pore clogging ingredients.

I'm thinking about writing SB and asking them to try to formulate some products that don't have the pore clogging ingredients but have the other things like copper peptides and retinol, salicylic acid, etc.....

#13 user

user

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:18 PM

If you order the 4oz super CP serum from skinbiology.com you can get something free (as order is over $50) so you can get a little tub of Super COP for free (or something else you want, but the super COP is relaly good and normally really expensive).

remember to add it to your cart manually, as "bonus size" or something in the super COP menu.

#14 dim99992

dim99992

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 04:21 PM

thanks denise. I have one more question. Do you use this Cerum at night? Did it help you with red/brown marks? Can you tell me your regimen,please?

#15 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 05:58 PM

Dim; instructions come with all the products and you can read about it at the site as well.

I use the Super serum twice a day; morning and night.

I use some other very mild topicals along with the super serum like Acne Miracle products or some manuka oil and honey gel in the morning. At night, I use the serum with Retin A, then 20 minutes later or so, I apply some emu oil.

I do salicylic acid peels about once every 3-4 weeks.

Oh yeah, the super serum seems to help with red marks. Keep in mind though that you should start out with the regular serum, and buy the 2 oz. size (or the smallest, whatever that is), get your skin used to copper peptides (some people have very sensitive skin) and THEN get the super serum.

#16 catlover2003

catlover2003

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 08:53 PM

Someone whose skin isn't still prone to acne and pimples may want to use the super cop cream. I have both super cop and super cp serum and the super cop works better for me. Super cop is very strong on the skin though. Someone new to cp products may want to start out with less harsh versions(though still strong)first such as trireduction basic cream or regular cp serum (these are for people that break out---the serum is probably safest for those that are very prone to break out). Trireduction with retinol cream can be used by people who are not still prone to breakouts. Then after the skin has shown how it will react to those then someone can move up from trireduction with retinol cream to with super cop cream if they wish to (remember these are for people who don't tend to breakout anymore) ; or from regular cp serum to super cp serum (for those that still breakout).
When I moved up to super cop I still kept using trireduction with retinol because the super cop is too harsh for me to use everyday. So I use both--- alternating.
Also, I started out with 2% saliylic acid cream (people prone to breakouts may should use the 2% saliylic serum I think but I'm not sure about that) and eventually moved up to 30% glycolic acid. The 30% glycolic acid is very strong and can only be used once or twice a week. So I have continued to use the 2% saliylic on the other days.
All of these products--the acids and cp ---I put directly
onto my scars.
I've been at it for over 6 months now for 2 huge pitted scar and 2 big depressed scars and my results are good. My scars were severe to start with so I still have quite a way to go.
I will probably be moving up to 40% or 50% glycolic acid in the not too distant future. It seems will be necessary to help improve further because of some resistent scar tissue area , especially in the center of my biggest depressed scar.

#17 understood

understood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 10:29 PM

Denise,

Encouraging post.

Well done.

I would ask your opinion as to whether you know if there is any difference in effectiveness between the super CP Serum and the Super Cop?

I will be getting one or the other for sure.

I recall Dr Pickhart saying that these forms of peptides are for spot application but I am not in a position to do that considering the area I must treat.

I would be more inclined to apply liberally to the whole area.

From your experience do you think this would be a problem. Have you found the super stuff irritating.

I have used tri-reduction with retinol for six months now and have had no drama with irritation.

What is your opinion?

Thanks
U

#18 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2003 - 08:38 AM

Understood:

I know that Supercop is quite a bit stronger than the Super serum, and has a strong retinol in it and whatnot. I only spot treat with that a few times a week. It did cause a few breakouts for me, so I cut back on using it to a few times a week whereas I was using it almost every night.

It's hard to guage which is better; the individual has to read about both products and make the decision, and be sure to combine them with Retin A or peels for the best outcome.

I use the Super serum completely all over my face, not just as a spot treatment. I havn't experienced any irritation with that at all.

Hope that helps.

#19 Ebby

Ebby

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2003 - 10:10 AM

Hi Denise2,

I went to the Skin Biology site to order the strongest copper peptide product that you said you use; is it the Super Cop or Super CP Serum?

Thanks!
Ebby

#20 Ebby

Ebby

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2003 - 10:13 AM

Denise2----oops, never mind; I just re-read your posts and now I'm clear on which one to use----Thanks!
Ebby