Photo

I am clear......

make-up

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 IFeelBroken

IFeelBroken

Ill pretend not to notice

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:01 AM

For the last three weeks I have gone vegan, no meat, or dairy products...Also no junk food or bread; grains etc.....

My face is clear, no Acne left what so ever.... Now just disgusting scars all over my face...LOL...You can never truly win in life, always an obstacle blocking happiness...

I am not completely happy, but now I can go out and have some fun...Use a lot of make-up to cover scars, so it's not that bad...

I will miss some foods, like cake and pie...But I can handle it... It is just so wonderful, my acne is from genetics; so a vegan diet is what really worked for me...

I feel a force I've never felt before
I don't want to fight it anymore
Feelings so strong can't be ignored
I burst out - I'm transformed

Rising up, shaking it off
The yesterday dreary
Graceful and strong, No more forlorn
Today's a jubilee
Don't be surprised
This change is my design
I can't hold it down I've just got to soar
And laugh in the face that is vulture law

#2 Ty189

Ty189

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE(hottignorance @ Nov 30 2005, 06:01 AM) View Post

For the last three weeks I have gone vegan, no meat, or dairy products...Also no junk food or bread; grains etc.....

My face is clear, no Acne left what so ever.... Now just disgusting scars all over my face...LOL...You can never truly win in life, always an obstacle blocking happiness...

I am not completely happy, but now I can go out and have some fun...Use a lot of make-up to cover scars, so it's not that bad...

I will miss some foods, like cake and pie...But I can handle it... It is just so wonderful, my acne is from genetics; so a vegan diet is what really worked for me...

Could you give me specifics for what exactly you do eat? i am interested in trying this.

Death has always defined us. The first creatures to laugh were also the first creatures that knew they were to die. Self-awareness means, above all, awareness of one's own ultimate extinction. But looking at death is like staring at the sun. It cannot be done.

#3 ShadowFade

ShadowFade

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:58 AM

too bad I can't build muscle on a diet like that ;/

#4 Guest_Cubsfan_*

Guest_Cubsfan_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:32 AM

welcome to the dark side, may the force be with you

#5 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:12 AM

congrats on getting clear.

i don't think it's smart to be a vegan for a long period of time. you'll end up with iron and/or b12 deficiency, if you don't supplement or are not really careful about getting those things in your diet.

you should consider adding back in at least eggs and kefir (similar to yogurt), just make sure they are organic (hormone-free). i doubt that these would make you break out, unless you are allergic to eggs. then also consider getting organic beef and/or poultry.

#6 lotsofsnails

lotsofsnails

Mike

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:56 AM

wow ur lucky im vegan and my chin still looks like a pizza. and thats even when i take a million supplements.

#7 nilacne

nilacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:29 PM

great news to hear mate, For all those who dont think changing your diet will help your acne print this forum post out.

It always great to hear these stories congrats

#8 kaybee

kaybee

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:42 PM

my friend's been a vegan for 5 years now... and he's fine. He takes flax supplements and iron supplements.
Anyways, do whatever seems right to you.

*Moderator edit - URL removed. Read the board rules*

#9 gymrat7676

gymrat7676

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:37 PM

well u can be a healthy vegan or an unhealthy vegan- it really depends on what u eat- u can be a vegan and eat cookies all day long or u can eat veggies and fruits, etc
MY ROUTINE

AM
1) wash with paula's choice normal to oily cleanser
2) Napca mist from twinlab or the one from nuskin and spray many times to get a good layer of moisture.
3)Avalon organics revitalizing eye gel
4)Cory Minerals (I've found that the secret to cory is to use ur brush to really swirl it around to grind the powder down even finer than it is and then to tap off the excess and start off with thin layers and build.) i also will take a concealer brush and dab it on certain areas that i need to cover up more thickly and then use a bronzer with a big bronzer brush to blend. ( i use estee lauder bronze goddess). i use bronzer all over and this seems to even out everything.
5)Aquaphor for lips.

PM
1)Same PC N/O
2b)some nights I mask with aspirin mixed with milk of magnesia and nuetrogena clear pore cleanser mask in nose and chin area - to make mask i use a small spray bottle with distilled water that i always keep in my bathroom and i take about 8 aspirin in the palm of my hand and spray and mush with my fingers until it is a thick paste. i then add a drop of MOM and put a small amount of neut. clear pore cleanser mask. don't use mask every night.
3)Aubrey organics Vegecol toner
4)Spot treat w/ prosacea gel
5)same on eyes and lips as AM

#10 Sassy_Svengali

Sassy_Svengali

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:43 PM

Congrats!
My current regimen: Omega capsules, which contain Vitamins A and ENo topicals

#11 Clear At Last

Clear At Last

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:35 AM

Congratulations eusa_clap.gif

Maybe a vegeterian diet won't work for everyone, but it'll work for a lot of people. I eat a clean diet with just very little meat, and I have been clear of acne for some time now. Did you know that actor Dirk Benedict (Battle Star Galactica, The A-Team) cleared up his acne in the early 70's after following a macrobiotic diet?

When times goes by maybe your scars will dissappear, too. I drink some lemon juice before breakfast to get rid of them.

You are right, hottignorance, there's always an obstacle blocking happiness. I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. My acne is gone, but now I'm starting to have other problems in life. Guess you just have to stay positive, right?
I love it when a plan comes together !

#12 Dreame123

Dreame123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2005 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE(kaleidoscope @ Nov 30 2005, 05:12 AM) View Post

i don't think it's smart to be a vegan for a long period of time. you'll end up with iron and/or b12 deficiency, if you don't supplement or are not really careful about getting those things in your diet.

you should consider adding back in at least eggs and kefir (similar to yogurt), just make sure they are organic (hormone-free). i doubt that these would make you break out, unless you are allergic to eggs. then also consider getting organic beef and/or poultry.

Actually there has been many studies done on vegans compared to meat-eaters and vegetarians and they are the healthiest people and they live the longest (of course you need to eat right and not live on junk food).

I'm a vegetarian and I wouldn't be able to be a vegan but I give them a lot of credit because now-a-days everything is made with animal products (i've noticed that they put Bacon on everything!!!...its so f'ing discusting).

If someone feels they are deficient or will be deficient in any vitamins or nutrients then all these supplements are very accessible for them.

Good luck with everything and I hope you and you're new diet work wonders for your skin biggrin.gif

~You may be right, I may be crazy..But it just may be a lunatic you're lookin' for~

#13 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(Dreame123 @ Dec 3 2005, 08:05 PM) View Post

QUOTE(kaleidoscope @ Nov 30 2005, 05:12 AM) View Post

Actually there has been many studies done on vegans compared to meat-eaters and vegetarians and they are the healthiest people and they live the longest (of course you need to eat right and not live on junk food).

that doesn't contradict what i said. i'm not surprised that vegans as a whole are healthier than non-vegans. a lot of them are really health-conscious and eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, etc. (while most other people don't give a shit about eating healthy.) that doesn't mean that they would be any less healthy eating (organic) meat/dairy/eggs. and notice that i said vegans risk iron/b12 defiency IF they don't supplement or are not really careful about getting those things in their diet. i'm sure many of them do and are.

my point is that i personally believe we were meant to consume meat, eggs, and dairy. the problem is that they are full of hormones and anti-biotics if you don't get organic. also, i don't think we need to eat as MUCH meat as a lot of people do.

#14 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:47 AM

Good for you Hotti, great seeing people have the dicipline to do what it takes to achieve their goals!

Hope you stay clear and happy!