Photo

i have lots of CLOGGED PORES! and rough skin on my cheeks!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 blahxx

blahxx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:01 PM

hello! i am sick of having these clogged pores and whiteheads under the skin and ive had them for yrss and i think it's freaken time to get rid of them for good! eusa_wall.gif

please recommend CLEANSERS or any other good TOPICAL CREAMS/SERUMS that i can apply to my face that will push out the stuff that are clogging my pores and keep them away. ive heard of Green Cream, but there is a chance that i will flare up a lot and I'm scared because I've never really broken out before and I don't think i can deal with it.

another problem i have is with rough skin of my cheeks. i need texture improvement on my overall face, but im more desparately in need of treating my cheeks, especially the right one. it's a result of overpicking and it doesn't look pretty, the rough skin is bumpy and a bit wrinkly and i have some scarred pores and a couple of deeper scars. i know it's hard to get rid of scars so i'm asking for help in picking out products that will smooth out my rough skin, hopefully by 100%! it's not over a large area of my cheeks though and it's not that seriously bad, but i cant even wear light foundation over it to cover some pores bcuz it makes my cheeks look worse. i want to use a product that will heal my cheeks and also treat the overal texture of my face so i can wear some light foundation when needed in peace! sad.gif

THANK YOU!

#2 bara

bara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:06 PM

try murad products, they are miracles in bottles. they treat and heal skin great.

http://www.murad.com/ you should go through the producs for acne and redness/irritation and pigmentation.

#3 Guest_Poker-Butt_*

Guest_Poker-Butt_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:08 PM

im using an SA WASH and a BP WASH one after the other and its helping my cheeks that like u, had tons of clogged pores ....SA(exfoliates aka unclogs) BP treats pimples...it works great for me...maybe u want to look into it

#4 blahxx

blahxx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:46 PM

ive already tried bp products and they do not get rid of my whiteheads or clogged pores..they keep coming back. what is SA wash? salysic *wrong spelling*?

im also hesitant to spend money on murad bcuz i tried proactiv and it did help but it hasnt been making my skin any better. it's stuck on the same place and not improving anymore

#5 Guest_Poker-Butt_*

Guest_Poker-Butt_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:10 AM

yup...see i use both of them..salicylic acid will exfoliate ur skin (dry it out make it peel) and bring up anything u have under ur skin...and the bp wash is to treat those f-qers when they rise up...its working wonders for me, hence why im recommending it ....cuz thats my problem as well(clogged pores on cheeks mainly)

anyway, when i feel my skin tight, i steam my face for about 15 mins(boil water w/ salt, then transfer unto a bowl, cover my whole face over the bowl with a towel and chill ) to loosen up the dead skin cells ...splash cold water and moisturize

i also moisturize after doing my washing regimen, to keep my face moist and supple...u dont want ur face dry, it can clog those pores up and produce more breakouts

hope it helps ya out smile.gif

p.s. i steam my face like every 3 days...over doing anything is bad

#6 proseclaa

proseclaa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:12 AM

I'm having similar problems. Major acne is gone, but I've got all these blackheads and clogged pores left. Salicylic acid isn't working anymore. I moisturize. I use BP. Pore strips don't work. I'm on Tetracycline and it's not doing the trick. Right now I have Queen Helene's Mint Julip Mask on; it seemed to help previously. Does anyone know how to get rid of these damned blackheads?

#7 Guest_Poker-Butt_*

Guest_Poker-Butt_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:14 AM

where are ur blackeads located at and what type of skin do u have?

#8 mmmDunkinDonutsmmm

mmmDunkinDonutsmmm

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2005 - 05:19 PM

Try the aspirin mask, with vinegar: put a lot of uncoated/microcoated aspirins in a bowl, pour some drops of vinegar on top, aspirin will dissolve and make a paste. spread it on warm damp face (just after showering perhaps). leave it on for 15 minutes or more or less depending on if it dries and flakes off, etc.

also maybe try a glycolic acid toner, i'm using a neutrogena one, i think DDF makes one (expensive), you could do a search for one on www.makeupalley.com and find a good one.

also you could try some lactic acid, i'm using lac-hydrin, i've only been using it for 2 days so i don't know if it will do any good but it's a good ph and it's not clogging up my pores *yet* and it seems to make the rough skin over my healing pimples stay soft, heal faster, and come off quicker leaving less of a red mark underneath.

you could also try tea tree oil mixed with the bp gel, it burns a little but i do it and it is making my jawline smooth, which was previously bumpy and nasty.

hth

#9 blahxx

blahxx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:08 PM

hmm ive never heard of lactic acid before. i really dont like using bp and ive completely stopped using proactiv except for the cleanser until i buy a new one tomorrow.

im looking into AHA/BHA products that has glycolic acid. the products that im thinking about buying are 12% glycolic. hopefully those wont irritate my skin and treat my skin problems. btw what does glycolic acid do for the skin?