Photo

Does COCA COLA cause acne?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

#1 acnefreeindays

acnefreeindays

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:06 PM

Hi All I have got many letters and questions over the year with this one.

some very misleading reports around the net and magazine as well.

Some say that coca cola cause acne due to its acidic contents.

Others say that coca cola is good for you as it is suggested as a purifying or clarifying substance for the kidney and bladder. This would be taken more as a medicine than as a soft drink and with water (not carbonated). Various methods of relieving constipation should be utilized - powdered yeast or yeast cake taken daily for ten days and then left off a week would be one such suggested therapy.

what is everyones thoughts??

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
FREE report "How To Get Rid Of Acne Fast!" CLICK HERE
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

FREE ACNE REPORT

#2 Guest_james11_*

Guest_james11_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:28 PM

Coca Cola contains artificial colours & flavours and processed sugars. These are all things that will exacerbate acne.

#3 IFeelBroken

IFeelBroken

Ill pretend not to notice

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:37 PM

Coca Cola is poison for the body....Did you know after horrible accidents where there is blood on the road, they use coca cola to clean it off.... evil.gif

I feel a force I've never felt before
I don't want to fight it anymore
Feelings so strong can't be ignored
I burst out - I'm transformed

Rising up, shaking it off
The yesterday dreary
Graceful and strong, No more forlorn
Today's a jubilee
Don't be surprised
This change is my design
I can't hold it down I've just got to soar
And laugh in the face that is vulture law

#4 SuperCelebs

SuperCelebs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:12 PM

you guys think everything causes acne.. you need to give it a rest.

#5 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 103
About Me

Posted 26 November 2005 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE(SuperCelebs @ Nov 26 2005, 08:12 PM) View Post

you guys think everything causes acne.. you need to give it a rest.

Well said! eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

Bryan

#6 Eyevan

Eyevan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:39 AM

I would be more worried about my teeth rotting then breaking out.

#7 leet

leet

She dreams in digital....

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 08:37 AM

I see people chugging this stuff at work from the vending machines... no acne! I on the other hand only have soda on the weekends and still break out so wtf. I drink water all week and maybe iced tea for dinner.

30 mg Claravis
(started May 26 2011) 1st month
40 mg Amnesteen (2nd month)

Aquaphor for lips (or blistex)
Cetaphil wash (the kind you do not need water for) <3
Eucerin Q10 anti wrinkle lotion (plus a drop of emu oil) and aloe gel mixed together

Bare esscentuals mineral makeup or No7 liquid makeup (the long wearing kind)

Any other older acne.org members on accutane please send me a message!

#8 Sperico

Sperico

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:35 AM

If you have acne stay away from soda completely. I was addicted to soda but once you stop for awhile you won't care anymore.

#9 searchingforthesolution

searchingforthesolution

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:45 AM

I'm not sure about coca cola specifically, to be honest, but from what I have read and from my personal belief, soft drinks in general are not healthy and can even be addictive for some. Diet does not affect everyone, but I feel that the content of coca cola and other soft drinks is not the best thing to help the skin and can perhaps aggravate acne for some when it is already present.

Overall, I think it's important to try to take care of our bodies. I think the acne can improve greatly as a result of this. It may not be the answer for everyone, but it is nonetheless important health-wise. But this is not to say we shouldn't ever drink or eat things we enjoy. Just not to abuse of them or consume them regularly.

Coke and brio are amongst my favorite soft drinks... redface.gif

''La bougie ne perd rien de sa lumière en la communiquant à une autre bougie.''

"Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most."

Daily:
Cleansing with:
Moisturizing with:
Treating/Deep Cleaning:
Make-up:

-----

Hate is heavy on, and not healing to, the heart.

#10 Guest_charyan_*

Guest_charyan_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(Sperico @ Nov 27 2005, 03:35 PM) View Post

If you have acne stay away from soda completely. I was addicted to soda but once you stop for awhile you won't care anymore.

i agree, i remember i used to drink gallons of carbonated drinks, and i decided i would try and give them up to see if my skin would get better. After a couple of weeks drinking water i didn't feel any urge to drink Coke or Dr.Pepper.

How ever, i am drinking Coke right now, and i haven't drunk much water in a week or so, and my skin has never looked better. I have eaten loads of chocolate and crisps aswell and i've totally avoided breaking out, i have no idea why either, but my regimen is on my signature.

#11 ani_in_fl

ani_in_fl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(hottignorance @ Nov 26 2005, 07:37 PM) View Post

Coca Cola is poison for the body....Did you know after horrible accidents where there is blood on the road, they use coca cola to clean it off.... evil.gif

It's also used to clean corrosion off of a car battery. It's murder for your teeth. Will eat at the enamel, but I'm not really sure about your skin. It doesn't have anything in it that would make it good for you, but I don't notice any negative effects from it either. My skin doesn't get worse if I have my regular 32 oz soda....course it's diet, so it's really just flavored water and a bunch of weird chemicals.

#12 rotten

rotten

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:42 AM

i duno about others, but i always thought of all kinds of diet versions of regular drinks as BS
i hate diet coke, or any diet soda and especially this can of sprite i brought to europe as a souvenir :
IPB Image

#13 omg acne

omg acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 10:10 PM

All types of soda broke me out badly within a few days of drinking. As soon as I eliminated soda and other refined junk, my skin cleared up in a few weeks.

#14 omg acne

omg acne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(charyan @ Nov 27 2005, 04:22 PM) View Post

How ever, i am drinking Coke right now, and i haven't drunk much water in a week or so, and my skin has never looked better. I have eaten loads of chocolate and crisps aswell and i've totally avoided breaking out, i have no idea why either, but my regimen is on my signature.

Nice to know you don't breakout from junk. Unfortunately, not everyone shares your genetics.

#15 Clear At Last

Clear At Last

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:04 AM

YES.

I believe in the alkaline-acidity theorie, so yes, Coca Cola will cause acne if it is acidic (all soft drinks are) It also contains sugar, so that's two reasons why it'll cause acne. Soft drink = acne.

charyan, I'm not trying to diss you or anything, but maybe you just have a "good" week. Try eating/drinking junk and stay clear for a whole year, and I'll believe you. Again, not dissing you.
I love it when a plan comes together !

#16 jamesw

jamesw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:48 AM

Does it matter? Coke is bad for you. It tastes like shit and it's bad for you. Look on a can at the "ingredients" and put some of those chemicals into a search engine.

Soda slows you down. When I stopped drinking soda a few years ago, I could not believe the degree of mental clarity that I gained. It makes your brain foggy. It makes your body fat. And not to mention it tastes like shit and costs money.

Regimen:

Aubrey Organics Combo-Oily line
Aubrey Organics Vegecol Nighttime Cream + eye cream
Soothing Clay Mask (weekly)
AHA exfoliating mask (every other week, changed for winter)
Aubrey Organics Seabuckthorn body lotion/wash
Everyday Minerals Makeup (other makeup here and there depending on the occasion)

Diet:

All-organic vegetarian, high quality artesian or spring water proportional to body weight
Homemade Kombucha Tea
Responsible use of caffeine for productivity enhancement

Supplements:

* Life Extension Foundation Mix
* Life Extension Foundation Rhodiola Rosea/Ashwagandha (for stress, cognition)
* Life Extension Foundation R-Dihydro-Lipoic Acid
* Life Extension Foundation Super Max EPA
* Life Extension Foundation Kyolic Aged Garlic
* NOW Foods Time-Released Melatonin
* Theralac Probiotic Complex

And, of course, lots of vigorous exercise and meditation every day.

Status = Completely 100% clear and feeling more amazing every day!

#17 rotten

rotten

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:30 PM

potato chips will be known to cause cancer soon, beware

#18 Jörg

Jörg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2005 - 02:50 PM

Coca Cola is likely to contribute to diabetes and generally bad health, but no, it doesn't cause acne. There are people who never touch the stuff who have acne. There are people who drink it constantly who don't have acne, too.

Maybe some people are actually sensitive to coke somehow and it contributes to their acne. That's not the typical case.

The "eat only organic and you'll suddenly be healthy" crowd needs to calm down. Acne existed long before modern eating habits. Average Joe isn't getting acne because of what he eats. He's getting acne because he got screwed in the genetic lottery.

#19 Christina ~

Christina ~

"I reject your reality and replace it with my own"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2005 - 06:22 PM

Coca Cola contains artificial colours & flavours and processed sugars. These are all things that will exacerbate acne.
\

Entirely untrue. You will only have a reaction if you have a sensitivity to it. If you drank coca cola 24/7 then ya....it might do something becuase you'd have no other nutrients but if you ate nothing but bananas you'd probably be just as deprived.

Its moderation. If you have a sensitivity than food might be a concern but DO NOT SPREAD RUMOURS IF YOU DON"T HAVE A FOUNDING BASIS.

if YOU personally have a problem with food, adress it as YOUR issue in YOUR opinion. To generalize is to create a bunch of people suddenly putting themselves on crash diets.

-The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson

#20 Jörg

Jörg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:15 AM

Nothing bad will come from eliminating carbonated beverages, true. But it's also unlikely that any positive effects on acne from eliminating them would be found.

Lots of people who don't drink Coca-Cola still have acne. And lots of people who do drink Coca-Cola don't have acne.

Even if diet was the main cause of acne (which I don't believe), eliminating coke wouldn't be enough. You'd need a full diet change. We do have people advocating a major diet change to cure acne, but if that really worked, why did those people ever even find this place?