Photo

6 yr old daughter has 2 blackheads on her nose!! I have had skin trouble since the 5 th grade and I dont want her to go througth what Idid. The pedia

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 zitsthapits

zitsthapits

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2005 - 09:08 PM

trician does not seemed too concerned, but I am terrified. Does anyone have any advice?

#2 Nevie

Nevie

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:44 PM

DO NOT PiCK THEM!! And when shes older, dont show her that they can be picked out,. I learnt that in the 5th grade as well, and thats when all my acne problems escalated. i had a little bit of infantile acne when i was born, then got the rest when i was startig elementary. I thought if i picked everything out, it would be perfect and go away, when in fact it lead to more breakouts. i could have saved so much heartache if i hadnt been told that it is possible to squeeze the ones out esp. on the nose!!

#3 Guest_james11_*

Guest_james11_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:14 PM

This disturbs me somewhat. Leave it and if it worsens then take her to a Dermatologist. Don't start a 6 year old on some Acne fighting regimen just because she has a couple of blackheads. PLEASE!

#4 DavidBadSkin

DavidBadSkin

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:05 PM

I've seen a 58-year-old with tons of blackheads around his nose, but he never seemed to pick them out. Don't know why. There were so many blackheads that his nose had a black transluscent overcast to the skin.

#5 kamstan

kamstan

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(DavidBadSkin @ Nov 9 2005, 06:05 PM) View Post

I've seen a 58-year-old with tons of blackheads around his nose, but he never seemed to pick them out. Don't know why. There were so many blackheads that his nose had a black transluscent overcast to the skin.

Oh, I hate it when people have blackheads on there nose and dont squeez them out. My daughter had a blackhead on her nose (i told her to leave it alone, kids are differnt from us, i belive it would have went away on it's own)but she picked at it and now has a tiny scar there, so please tell your daughter not to mess with it.

#6 zitsthapits

zitsthapits

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:39 PM

I know this is terrible, but I sqeezed it and you would not believe the plug of gunk that cam out of it. I just could not control myself, because the tip was sort of sticking out. It looked so much beter today. The other is so tiny that I am not going to mess with it. If anyone finds out anything else, please let me know. I just hope it does not do it again.

#7 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:53 PM

just relax about it, otherwise you are going to instill your own anxiety into her, we don't want such a young child to have to worry about her skin.
Just relax, don't make a big deal out of 2 blackheads, and please don't squeeze them or let her know it bothers you so much.
My 10-year old gets the occasional blackhead, or tiny zit, and I have to make a conscious effort to not freak out, kids have enough stress as it is. Just leave her alone and in time if the acne gets worse, then consider helping her treat it, but right now, that is not a big deal to have two blackheads.

#8 adeihl

adeihl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2005 - 02:04 PM

if your really very concerned with her having the same misfortune as you did... it is never too early to start a health bathing routien... perhaps teach her how to take care of her skin in the shower/bath with a light cleanser

#9 PITHY QUILL PALADIN

PITHY QUILL PALADIN

Acne Sufferer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

The more you pop your zits, the more likely it is for you to pop more.

You've gotta stop the habit.

#10 legislatorgov

legislatorgov

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:42 AM

don't pick at it

#11 loveisblind1

loveisblind1

Supreme member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:15 PM

6 yr old daughter has blackheads already? are you sure youre not mixing them up with enlarged pores? many times the get mixed up