Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me
  • Interests:All things related to health

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(Annaa @ Nov 22 2005, 04:35 AM) View Post

I started out with moderate acne on my face and cystic acne on my back. Through various natural health modifications (absolutely no topicals), I reduced the acne on my face to almost-nonexistant. However, I was still getting cysts on my back.

Healthdude!

How did you reduse the acne on your face? Was is with diet? And are you planning to take 5 of those tablets for the rest of your life or is there any way out?

Thanks for charing! /Anna

To get rid of the acne on my face, I made a huge number of modifications to my lifestyle that improved my overall health. I am currently working on a website that will document the optimal health guidelines that I have successfully used to overcome acne as well as other health problems.

The thing that helped me more than anything though was diet. Each person's diet is different, but as a general rule, you will become much healthier if you stick to these foods:

(everything organic)
Meats
Nuts and Seeds
Vegetables
Fruits

Don't eat anything not on that list. That means no grains (bread, corn, rice, etc.), no processed foods, no pizza, no ice cream, nothing that most people eat in the US today. If you can, don't use condiments like BBQ sauce, ketchup, excessive salt (a little salt is ok). This is a natural diet, the diet of our ancestors and the diet that the human body naturally thrives on.

And yes, I plan on taking the HcL forever, unless I find a better solution.

#22 gymrat7676

gymrat7676

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:29 PM

have u tested ur ph level of urine and saliva. i just found out that my urine is very acidic and my saliva is only slightly so. i picked up ph paper from vitamin shoppe. so if i am very acidic already i don't know if i should continue to take the hcl.

#23 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(gymrat7676 @ Nov 22 2005, 07:29 PM) View Post

have u tested ur ph level of urine and saliva. i just found out that my urine is very acidic and my saliva is only slightly so. i picked up ph paper from vitamin shoppe. so if i am very acidic already i don't know if i should continue to take the hcl.

there's a difference between blood ph and stomach acids.

when you are too acidic overall, you don't produce enough stomach acids. so taking the pills is exactly what you should do.

read: http://www.askshelle...ault&cat=54#a89

QUOTE(HealthDude @ Nov 22 2005, 02:16 PM) View Post

And yes, I plan on taking the HcL forever, unless I find a better solution.

you shouldn't need to take them forever. supplementing with calcium would help a lot (i doubt you're getting enough in your diet without dairy).

#24 gymrat7676

gymrat7676

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:53 PM

i've read that dairy calcium is not the best form of calcium for us anyway and that it is not the amount we get but the source that we get it from
notmilk.com is an interesting website

#25 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(gymrat7676 @ Nov 22 2005, 08:53 PM) View Post

i've read that dairy calcium is not the best form of calcium for us anyway and that it is not the amount we get but the source that we get it from
notmilk.com is an interesting website

i don't consume dairy except for organic kefir. i know the milk we have access to is full of hormones and antibiotics, and i don't think it's healthy for anyone. but it has calcium... i don't see why it wouldn't be an absorbable form of calcium. it might be possible for someone not consuming dairy to get enough calcium from other foods, but i'd bet that most people don't. so supplementing is usually a good idea.

#26 acnefreeindays

acnefreeindays

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2005 - 08:05 PM

Its a combination of these key things, I find that the people who have had the best result use a product, and change their dietry habbits. So ask around and try to find the best one.

hope this helps.

#27 gymrat7676

gymrat7676

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

if u check out notmilk.com and look under calcium and osteoporosis u will see why it is not the best form of calcium- interesting stuff

#28 Healthoid

Healthoid

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me
  • Interests:All things related to health

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(kaleidoscope @ Nov 22 2005, 03:52 PM) View Post

you shouldn't need to take them forever. supplementing with calcium would help a lot (i doubt you're getting enough in your diet without dairy).

My bad, I forgot to add Raw Dairy to the list of foods that should be eaten, and that I eat. Here's my revised list:

(everything organic)
Meats
Eggs
Raw Dairy
Nuts and Seeds
Vegetables
Fruits

#29 Zirus

Zirus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:47 PM

^Nice list. I eat pretty much the same things only except i also have SEEDS (Pumpkin, Sunflower & Flax) in my diet and Bread.

I found a very very nice brand of bread in my grocery store. It's expensive but the ingredients are great. It's made with Spring Water and contains NO sugar, Wheat or Yeast. The company is called "Dimpflmeier". All Natural

#30 Annaa

Annaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:48 PM

Ok, thank you Healthdude! You really are a healthy dude lol.gif I don´t think I could manage to mintain that kind of diet. Not because of the urge to eat sweet and unhealthy food but because I wouldn´t know how to deal with peoples questions everytime someone invited me to a dinner and that kind of stuff...

Kaleidoscope how long do you wait before and after dinner to drink? Do you take the HcL pills to?

#31 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2005 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE(Annaa @ Nov 23 2005, 07:48 PM) View Post

Kaleidoscope how long do you wait before and after dinner to drink? Do you take the HcL pills to?

usually at least 20 minutes before and an hour after a meal.

i was taking the pills for awhile. i don't need them anymore. supplementing calcium and following those rules i posted got my stomach acids up.

#32 Annaa

Annaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2005 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(kaleidoscope @ Nov 24 2005, 09:04 AM) View Post

i was taking the pills for awhile. i don't need them anymore. supplementing calcium and following those rules i posted got my stomach acids up.

Thank you! I´ve been trying to not drink to food today (have only had breakfast yet but I´m trying...). But it´s hard to break habbits. I get so thirsty when I eat. I got up and drank a big glas of water and then I waited half an hour before eating. But it´s so boring to wait and I don´t know when to drink my precious coffie! But I guess it´s worth it!

I don´t understand if calcium is good or not. Someone (Healthdude I think) said that it can make you constipated. And that´s the least I want because I already am that! How much do you take every day?

#33 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Annaa @ Nov 24 2005, 10:17 AM) View Post

QUOTE(kaleidoscope @ Nov 24 2005, 09:04 AM) View Post

Thank you! I´ve been trying to not drink to food today (have only had breakfast yet but I´m trying...). But it´s hard to break habbits. I get so thirsty when I eat. I got up and drank a big glas of water and then I waited half an hour before eating. But it´s so boring to wait and I don´t know when to drink my precious coffie! But I guess it´s worth it!

i know what you mean! the first thing i want to do when i wake up is EAT... but i force myself to wait.

I don´t understand if calcium is good or not. Someone (Healthdude I think) said that it can make you constipated. And that´s the least I want because I already am that! How much do you take every day?

sorry, when i say "supplement with calcium", i mean take a supplement that has calcium AND magnesium (and a bit of vitamin D is good, too, for absorption). taking magnesium and calcium together will not make you constipated. (magnesium will actually make your bowels move, so i guess they balance each other out.) there's a product called Cal-Mag Fizz that's very good. i try to take one scoop of that a day, which is 500 mg calcium and 200 mg magnesium.

#34 Annaa

Annaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:45 AM

i know what you mean! the first thing i want to do when i wake up is EAT... but i force myself to wait.

Today I solved it by putting a bottle of water beside my bed. Then when the clock rang I drank a big glas of water. Then I slept some more, for me time moves TO fast in the morning when I want to sleep. So in no time one hour (a bit to long maby...) had passed and I could go up and eat! eusa_dance.gif

About the calcium. A couple of weeks ago I was thinking of start taking vitamin D because at this time I don´t get out so much and since you get vitamin D from being in the sun I thougt I might need some extra. But all vitamin D-suppliment also had calcium (because mostely old people take them) and I didn´t think that was good for me. But now I think that might be ideal if I also get some magnesium!

#35 floss

floss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:07 PM

This is a very interesting topic, i wish it did not mean taking so many artificial tablets however, as it sounds expensive and questionable whether it's entirely safe, surely too much acid will burn the lining of your stomach?? That description of a burning sensation doesn't sound very nice...I wish there were a more natural way of doing this acid balance thing.

Having said that, a few of the things i've read here make sense: for example, the issue of nervousness stopping ppl producing acid - yes, i am quite a nervous person - are most acne sufferers nervous types, do you think? Not drinking with meals - i ALWAYS do this! Is it really true this stops you absorbing stuff? Why?? I'd have thought it would help?

#36 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(floss @ Nov 25 2005, 05:07 PM) View Post

This is a very interesting topic, i wish it did not mean taking so many artificial tablets however, as it sounds expensive and questionable whether it's entirely safe, surely too much acid will burn the lining of your stomach?? That description of a burning sensation doesn't sound very nice...I wish there were a more natural way of doing this acid balance thing.

if you feel burning in your stomach with the pills, you're taking too much.

you can increase stomach acids other ways, like taking a spoonful of apple cider vinegar with meals. and like i said in some previous posts, you can get your body to produce enough stomach acids on its own by getting enough of certain minerals and vitamins, and eating an alkalizing diet (only whole foods).

Having said that, a few of the things i've read here make sense: for example, the issue of nervousness stopping ppl producing acid - yes, i am quite a nervous person - are most acne sufferers nervous types, do you think? Not drinking with meals - i ALWAYS do this! Is it really true this stops you absorbing stuff? Why?? I'd have thought it would help?

water simply dilutes stomach acids and digestive enzymes, which are both needed for good digestion.

#37 floss

floss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:46 AM

What's the point of calcium exactly? It makes your stomach more acidic?

#38 kaleidoscope

kaleidoscope

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2005 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(floss @ Nov 26 2005, 11:46 AM) View Post

What's the point of calcium exactly? It makes your stomach more acidic?

it makes your body more alkaline, which helps it to produce more stomach acids.

#39 floss

floss

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:14 AM

About the calcium and magnesium, i've read that mollasses contains these two minerals so perhaps we could just eat some mollasses instead of taking calcium tablets?? Would you say molasses is likely to be 'alkainising'?

Do you think drinking a bit of apple cider vinegar b4 meals would work just as well as those acid tablets? Do you think malic acid will digest food in the same way as hydrochloric acid??

#40 Zirus

Zirus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:21 PM

Fun fact: It takes 33 glasses of water to alkaline 1 Bottle of Soda Pop that you drink.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users