Photo

Stievamycin GEL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 kz123

kz123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:17 PM

Has anyone heard of the Stievamycin GEL? I got it from my pharmacy, i was wondering if anyones took it before, and if there is side affects (breaking out worse neutral.gif) and how long it takes? Thanks.

#2 Christina ~

Christina ~

"I reject your reality and replace it with my own"

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2005 - 02:29 PM

eeep. where are you planning on using it? if its your back/chest then its good stuff i think..but if its you face that stuff will BURN like acid

-The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson

#3 kz123

kz123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:04 PM

yeah its for my face , but so far so good - i used it for my first time..didn't burn biggrin.gif do you know if it works well, and how long?

#4 Christina ~

Christina ~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2005 - 01:53 PM

it was too strong for me but i've heard that it works pretty good from those that have used it..tho they said there was a lot of irriation at the start.

I use benzamycin gel at nighttime myself.

-The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Hunter S. Thompson

#5 Naven

Naven

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE(Tired_of_Waiting @ Oct 20 2005, 12:53 PM) View Post

it was too strong for me but i've heard that it works pretty good from those that have used it..tho they said there was a lot of irriation at the start.

I use benzamycin gel at nighttime myself.

benzamycin is good. what do u have the cream or the gel?

#6 Christina ~

Christina ~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:23 AM

i use the gel...tho for the life of me i don't know why they call it that, the damn thing is a cream.

Its a PAIN IN THE ASS to get it tho because 90% of the pharmacists screw up the mixing and its not consistent, its REALLY hard to get it to dissolve aparently. i've gotten into screaming (literally) matches with pharmacists for giving me defective chemicals as if its not fully absorbed in the alcohol it doesn't work effectively.

I love the way it tightens my skin tho, leaves it uber soft and really helps with the prevention/treatment aspect. I've been on it for over 10 years. i'm not willing to switch it up.

Only prob. i don't have insurance so its about $40 for just a tiny little container (23.3g) which SUCKS because i go through THAT in a week. With benzamycin i've found more is better.

so its an expensive little habit. But thats the cost of good skin eh? even tho mine needs work to even get halfway there (i'm not there yet dammit)

When insurance kicks in it'll be like $10 so yay for January.

another prob with benzamycin...dyes EVERYTHING my eyebrows are slightly lighter than my hair color now! looks normal and natural..actually kindof cool but wowzers. lots of bleach in the BP

Hunter S. Thompson

#7 kz123

kz123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:39 PM

Anyone else have comments on
-the length of time it clears your skin up in?

#8 geezus

geezus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2005 - 06:18 PM

well after stopping bp, i went to my doctor to get a prescription of stievamycin in april 2005, or around there. it works pretty well, keeps pimples at bay i guess... just go with a good cleansing routine for your face and i'm sure things will be alright.

after cleansing, you might notice a slight burning sensation on the skin you apply it to.

#9 19yochickfightingacne4toolong

19yochickfightingacne4toolong

Sexiest Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:01 PM

I used this for quite some time, but it doesn't even compare to BP.

"don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns"

#10 arya

arya

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:19 PM

I used this just before going on Accutane (although I was also taking antiobiotics)....it was kind of like a last resort thing. But I HATED it...it made my face dry up really bad. also gave me horrible scars (probably because of overdrying). I Hate it with a passion. but that's just me...it's different for everyone. Best of luck and hope it works well for you!

#11 Layce

Layce

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:51 AM

I loved it! I used it with erythromycin pills and it totally cleared me up! However, it does not work for everybody. Someone I know used it and had severe redeness...so beware of redness and peeling, although I personally did not experience any of these symptoms

#12 MMarr

MMarr

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:40 PM

I used that stuff on my back and chest and it cleared me up 80% in no less then 3 weeks, but for your FACE?? you must be going through moisturizer like crazy, that stuff would tighten your face up a LOT. Go for the BP

Edited by MMarr, 14 November 2005 - 06:40 PM.

|.-.-.-.Marr's Regimen.-.-.-.|

• Started Accutane February 16th, 2006
    Morning

• Cetaphil Gentil Skin Cleanser
  • Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer w/SPF15
    Evening
  • Spectro Jel Cleanser
  • Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer w/SPF15
  • 40mg of Accutane
    Other
  • Lysol and Blistex for chapped lips
  • GenTeal Artificial Tears for dry eyes
    Want List
  • Fish Oil Capsules
  • Vitamin E
    >>>If there is anything else to subside side effects (especially dry lips) please PM me!<<<
|.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.|

Acne, would you please.... die?

#13 nor*cal

nor*cal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:18 PM

i use it. prob for 1.5 years. kept my face oil free and everything until 2 months ago. Can anyone explain this

#14 change

change

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 March 2007 - 06:57 PM

I've used it for a year or so, in combination with another product.. Cant remember which... It worked good, but after a year, it had no more effect on my acne...
Good luck with it...
BTW it did not burnt my face like acid lol

Your love is blind and youre far too kind
Dont ever let it show

I wish that I knew what I know now
When I was stronger.

#15 rice_drops

rice_drops

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:49 PM

anybody else use this?
i've been using stievamycin and doxycycline for the past 3 months... & my skin went from okay ( what i thogut was bad at the time ) to ... HORRENDOUS.
i've been trying to stick it out, thinking it's the initial break out... but it really wreaked havoc on my skin... i have so many dark scars everywhere... and i'm scared that my 3 months of patiently waiting will go to waste.

did it take anyone more than 3 months to see effects?

please & thank you smile.gif

Edited by rice_drops, 15 October 2009 - 05:49 PM.

#16 imtryingtohelp

imtryingtohelp

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:40 PM

I can honestly say I HAVE HAD ONE OF THE WORSE ACNE EXPERIENCES.... yes i thought pimples were bad but the scaring IS EVEN WORSE majority of people have pimples and scars here and there yes, BUT I had it EVERYWHERE when people looked at my face it was red from pimples and dark spots everywhere. My self esteem went down so much and used make-up all the time to cover it! I could feel eyes watching my face

LET ME TELL YOU the makeup didn't make it any better I still broke out and you could still see the scars. I thought i was allergic to the makeup but i wasn't i tried a variety of good cosmetics

So i got rid of the makeup and went natural, it reduced the amount of pimples i had but i still had pimples and ttthe scars wouldn't fade.

STIEVAMYCIN WOW! at first when i started with the mild to regular to extra strenght stievamycim i thought my fae wouldn't ever change because nothing worked i tried everything. I even tried eatting properly and drinking eough water, nothing helped. ***BUT THEN it worked! in time stievamycin faded my scars and helped prevent pimples from arising. Scars i thought would neaver go away VANISHED and pimples were gone. Ocassionally once in a while their is a pimple but I HELPS SOOOOOO MUCH. I'v been on stevamycin for 2 years, my face cleared up SO MUCH thanks to it. I still have some scars and pimples but i can see every 2 weeks the differene, my face keeps getting clearer and clearer.... yes at first it burned, but i bared it and i made sure i didn't over apply it because it is a strong perscription.

TRY IT HAVE FAITH YOU'LL SEE.. IT TAKES TIME

#17 jemms2

jemms2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:32 AM

I've used the gel for 6 weeks and am amazed at the results. It has cleared up the acne and is improving the scars so skin is beginning to look clearer. I use it along with good cleanser and toner so that prob helps as well. I would so recommend it.

However I believe that as with everything else, effectiveness diminishes with use as your body adjusts and becomes accustomed. Guess one might have to switch things up from time to time.

Will see how it goes. Good luck!