Photo

Just curious, How long should I wait between 15% TCA peels ?

tca

6 replies to this topic

#1 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:27 AM

I first did a Jessner peel about a month and a half ago and followed that up with a 15% TCA peel 2 weeks after. It has now been almost 2 weeks since the TCA peel and I've noticed great results. I'd like to do another TCA peel but Im not sure how mnay peels would be overkill. Am I able to do a peel every 2 and a half weeks or so? Thanks a bunch guys and gals

#2 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me
  • Interests:Ive lost interest in everything now.

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

I've done 4 to 5 tca peels at 25% strength,1 month+ apart,but the last 2 i did was only 1 week apart.
I want to try and do 1 every week for a month,to see some good results,but there is always something that crops up,like appointments.

#3 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 October 2005 - 04:49 PM

Sam, have you noticed improvment with the 25% peel? So your doing 1 peel every week? WOW!

#4 Sam

Sam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me
  • Interests:Ive lost interest in everything now.

Posted 16 October 2005 - 06:13 PM

Yes,i have seen improvement in the 25% tca peels,about 20% improvement with the 4 to 5 peels i have done.
I also do tca cross and obagi protocols as well as the peels (read my posts on obagi).
I've only ever done 1 peel and done another peel a week later,once
I wanna do 1 peel a week for a month to see what results i get,as my skin is tough so it can take just about anything.

#5 cipher

cipher

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 October 2005 - 10:50 PM

Drew, what kind of improvement did you get from the peels, were any scars improved or just texture? Did you have any issues like enlarged pores or stuff like that?

#6 drewboy

drewboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2005 - 02:33 AM

cipher,
yes ive seen great results with the jessner/tca combination. I used to jessner first to freshen up the skin and firm it then I used the TCA 15% (HONESTLY, HOW DO PEOPLE GO HIGHER?? THIS STUFF STINGS) to reduce scarring/wrinkles. I used to have a patch of orange peel near my jaw line and the jessner knocked that out. I also had a group of very tiny scars bunched together that looked like a boxscar on my cheek. The TCA heeled that up nicely and greatly reduced some shallow linear scars that I had. I'd say about 20% improvment with just those 2 peels, not to mention my skin tone looks extremely fresh.

I just worked up another peel yesterday afternoon. Im looking forward to my results. I'll see If I cant post up some pics when i peel completely..

note: I had a dermabrasion a year ago this December and that did wonders for my skin. Im hoping these chemical peels can knock out my scarring completely. I never thought id be where im at today a year ago, its exciting.

#7 Dazarooni

Dazarooni

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2005 - 08:58 AM

Sam, as soon as the skin peels from a 25% TCA peel you do another one right away? i'm going to do a 25% peel on thursday.. gonna try 2/3 layers around the deeper scarring to try and make them more shallow and less blatant. I'm waiting on 100% TCA to arrive so i'm gonna do a CROSS first though and then on edges of the scars apply the 2/3 layers and a single layer for the rest of my face.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users