Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drewboy

Just curious, How long should I wait between 15% TCA peels ?

7 posts in this topic

I first did a Jessner peel about a month and a half ago and followed that up with a 15% TCA peel 2 weeks after. It has now been almost 2 weeks since the TCA peel and I've noticed great results. I'd like to do another TCA peel but Im not sure how mnay peels would be overkill. Am I able to do a peel every 2 and a half weeks or so? Thanks a bunch guys and gals

I've done 4 to 5 tca peels at 25% strength,1 month+ apart,but the last 2 i did was only 1 week apart.

I want to try and do 1 every week for a month,to see some good results,but there is always something that crops up,like appointments.

Yes,i have seen improvement in the 25% tca peels,about 20% improvement with the 4 to 5 peels i have done.

I also do tca cross and obagi protocols as well as the peels (read my posts on obagi).

I've only ever done 1 peel and done another peel a week later,once

I wanna do 1 peel a week for a month to see what results i get,as my skin is tough so it can take just about anything.

Drew, what kind of improvement did you get from the peels, were any scars improved or just texture? Did you have any issues like enlarged pores or stuff like that?

cipher,

yes ive seen great results with the jessner/tca combination. I used to jessner first to freshen up the skin and firm it then I used the TCA 15% (HONESTLY, HOW DO PEOPLE GO HIGHER?? THIS STUFF STINGS) to reduce scarring/wrinkles. I used to have a patch of orange peel near my jaw line and the jessner knocked that out. I also had a group of very tiny scars bunched together that looked like a boxscar on my cheek. The TCA heeled that up nicely and greatly reduced some shallow linear scars that I had. I'd say about 20% improvment with just those 2 peels, not to mention my skin tone looks extremely fresh.

I just worked up another peel yesterday afternoon. Im looking forward to my results. I'll see If I cant post up some pics when i peel completely..

note: I had a dermabrasion a year ago this December and that did wonders for my skin. Im hoping these chemical peels can knock out my scarring completely. I never thought id be where im at today a year ago, its exciting.

Sam, as soon as the skin peels from a 25% TCA peel you do another one right away? i'm going to do a 25% peel on thursday.. gonna try 2/3 layers around the deeper scarring to try and make them more shallow and less blatant. I'm waiting on 100% TCA to arrive so i'm gonna do a CROSS first though and then on edges of the scars apply the 2/3 layers and a single layer for the rest of my face.