Photo

What to expect on the regimen

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 June 2003 - 11:45 AM

Please see the following link for what to expect on the regimen. If you have suggestions of things to add, please let me know.

http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

-Dan

#2 chickenfever

chickenfever

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2003 - 12:28 PM

[-( [-o< [-X :-k :D({|= :(/ :D

#3 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:32 PM

Don't you think that's alot of BP for your face?

I used to use 1 finger length, and I was 8 months into my regimen, and I used less than one container a week.

The costs were getting up there.

I can't imagine using 4 finger lengths a day, for EVER, or until your face clears.

Money is definetly an issue for most when using the 5 dollar bottles of BP.

#4 Guest_fatman_uk_*

Guest_fatman_uk_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 14

Posted 25 June 2003 - 06:26 PM

Maybe put somewhere in or around Weeks 6-8... that you might want to try adding one thing at a time as a cure for redmarks... then maybe put a few links to threads or products suggested on here. I'm sure the scar board dudes have a load of Stickys with that stuff in.

I mean come on, you're hella lucky Dan, some of us still have the suckers from spots we had 2 years ago! LOL!

An i doubt you wanna write out another 90 weeks in your guide. :D

-Gaz

#5 frances

frances

This isn't Kansas, Toto

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2003 - 04:10 AM

good stuff Dan!...and from my own experience of the regimen with mild acne I would say the timeline is accurate.

#6 gloput

gloput

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 26 June 2003 - 06:48 AM

Agree with those data... =D>
24-male-France, acne since 12, Roaccutane cure failed twice, now cleared thanx to Dan and Acne.org

#7 Mercer

Mercer

Vixen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2003 - 04:42 PM

Good stuff Dan :D
shiver me timbers!

#8 uncle buck

uncle buck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2003 - 01:18 AM

Ive been on the regimen for over a month now and i still look the same! :D

#9 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 July 2003 - 10:07 AM

Uncle Buck,

Post here precisely what you're doing morning and evening. Take some time and try to leave absolutely nothing out. Make it a long post. Also, include what products you're using. We'll figure it out.

-Dan

#10 jamie3

jamie3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2003 - 01:02 PM

dan i hope you would be able to tell me whats wrong with my regimen coz it doesnt really at all seem to be helping my acne. i use morning and night:
neutrogena fresh foaming cleanser
on the spot vanishing fomula
neutrogena oil free moisture spf15

i really cant work it out coz im going exactly by the regimen :D

#11 lufc

lufc

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2003 - 06:18 AM

Hey same with me. I've been on the regimen for a week. Instead of getting bettter, it gets worse.

I use to have lots of whiteheads in small area around my cheeks. Now i'm havin thousands of small stupid f***ing whiteheads around my FACE!

I'm so disspointed. I don't know what to do! My skin is peeling!

I've been reading other people post about how thier acne dissapear in few days after the regimen, and it makes me feel sad 'cause it doesn't happen to me.

I"m so sad. I don't know what to do!

#12 gloput

gloput

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 July 2003 - 06:28 AM

Hey same with me. I've been on the regimen for a week. Instead of getting bettter, it gets worse.

Read all what Dan wrote!!! I quote http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html :
"Week 1 : Usually slight improvment, some people have reported an initial worsening of acne. Skin is red, irritated, and itches."

Agree with Dan... I experience this worsening when my acne was very severe. Be patient and wait for 2 weeks of use!
24-male-France, acne since 12, Roaccutane cure failed twice, now cleared thanx to Dan and Acne.org

#13 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 July 2003 - 09:56 AM

Make sure you're following the regimen precisely for 1-2 months. It is common that you not get improvement right away. Some people have claimed they got worse at first.

If after 1-2 months you are still not seeing improvement, post on the boards precisely what you're doing morning, evening, and during the day. Jamie3, I don't have much to go on from your post. Please post precisely what you do, how you wash, when you do it, what you do during the day, everything. Make it a long post. Also, read http://www.acne.org/...html#notworking and think of those things before posting precisely what you're doing. The regimen really should work for most people with light to moderate acne.

Finally, if you have severe acne, this may not respond. So also describe your acne or post a pic.

-Dan

#14 jamie3

jamie3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2003 - 01:58 PM

thanks dan for posting back. i follow the regimen exactly by what you do on the videos, im wondering whether the neutrogena fresh foaming wash might be the problem as it aint suggested by you, but then it cant be coz it doesnt dry my skin and cleansers anyway are only needed to cleanse off oil and dirt which is on your skin? the problem is i still carry on getting whiteheads nearly every day after being on the regimen for a month, get the feeling i might have to move on to something like accutane :)
shall i move onto a different cleanser?

#15 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 July 2003 - 07:16 PM

Have you been following the regimen precisely as outlined all along? There wasn't much info in your previous post. Regardless, give it 1 more month of effort. This time really truly follow it precisely. This means using TONS of bp, applying it gently and patiently, and not otherwise irritating your skin. There is much more to it, so print out http://www.acne.org/twicedaily.html and take that into the bathroom with you after watching the videos a few times.

As far as your cleanser goes, any cleanser is probably fine so long as it does not contain any other acne fighting ingredients.

-Dan

#16 uncle buck

uncle buck

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2003 - 04:29 AM

Ok, here i go.

Every morning (a random time between 7am and 11am) i get up and have a shower. The last thing i do in the shower is wash my face, i splash water on it and gently wash it with my hands, i use nuetrogena um... i forget exactly what its called, its a nuetrogena cleansing bar. Then i splash more water on my face. It usually takes about 1 minute for me to do this. I dont scrub my face too hard, just enough. Then i get out of the shower and pat my face dry with a towel. 15 minutes (sometimes a bit more) later i apply lots of BP to all areas of my face, i have acne over my entire face so i need to put BP all over my face. Anyway, i wait about 10 to 15 minutes, then i apply moituriser all over my face, i only do this in the morning however. The moisturiser i use is Neutrogena oil free moisturiser, it has no acne fighting ingrediants in it.

Throughout the day i NEVER touch my face, i dont pick it, sometimes people touch it, but thats it. I occasionaly eat junk food, so that could be bad. Um... yeah.

At night (a random time between 7pm and 10pm) i do the same, except i dont use moisturiser (sometimes i do, but rarely, only when it looks/feels like i need it) and i wash my fash using the sink instead of in the shower

Products:

Benzac 2.5% (in australia we dont have neutrogena on the spot, so this is the next best thing)
Neutrogena cleansing bar
Neutrogena oil free moisturiser with no acne fighting ingrediants

^ there, thats what ive been doing, is that ok? Am i doing something wrong? I think maybe, possibly, its the Benzac that isnt cutting it... or not. Also, i use ALOT of it, it takes ages to rub in i use so much, at first i didnt use so much, but in the last week ive been using alot more, and i think its working quite well, my face looks a bit better.

*shrugs shoulders*

#17 Dan

Dan

Administrator

• Admin
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 July 2003 - 09:50 AM

Uncle Buck,

Thanks for posting. Yes, the absolute key is to use a LOT of it. Everything else sounds good. I worry when you say "rub" because you don't ever want to rub. Plus, you say you wash your face for a minute, when you really should only need 10 seconds or so. Have you watched the videos? http://www.acne.org/video.html ? Definitely do that if you haven't already.

Keep us posted.

-Dan

#18 Animal

Animal

Bastard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2003 - 11:22 AM

Dan, i think it's really cool that you still visit the forums frequently, you're almost famous :evil:

I follow the regime completely apart from the percentage of BP which is 5%. Is this ok, i live in the uk and can't get a 2.5%, and i can't afford to order it. It does dry my skin quite a bit but i can deal with it. Are there any other problems wiht using 5%?

haha nice maddafakking cripwalk!

i shot one out so hard and fast once that i flinched backwards. lol

#19 Animal

Animal

Bastard

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2003 - 08:11 AM

Try right clicking and choosing 'save target as' thats what i did. :evil:

haha nice maddafakking cripwalk!

i shot one out so hard and fast once that i flinched backwards. lol

#20 suhaibonline

suhaibonline

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 02:55 PM

how long do u rub the cream in your skin for, because wen i am rubbing it in it goes hard before it gets absorbed in