Photo

Best foundation that doesn't cause breakouts?

foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 begonewithacne

begonewithacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2003 - 08:52 AM

Anyone one of you have any advice what foundation left you no pimples or lil bumps after using it??

i need something that doesn't worsen the condition of my acne becoz the last product i used contributed to lil bumps n all...

I've tried way expensive products and they still caused my skin 2 break out so i trust cheap ones as much as expensives ones now.

oh..anyone of u heard of the foundation from LEONARD DRAKE called Averine? I'm using that now

#2 pick_n_pock

pick_n_pock

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2003 - 09:25 AM

I use Maybelline Everfresh foundation and Avon transclucent loose powder.
they don't seem to make it any worse

I wash my makeup applicators every week with a face cleanser

#3 emilynil466

emilynil466

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2003 - 01:48 PM

:D

#4 shadylane

shadylane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2003 - 12:58 PM

I have not tried pur minerals, but there are several brands of mineral foundations that are not supposed to aggravate acne. I think Aromaleigh is the cheapest and it also has the least number of ingredients so it is the least likely to aggravate sensitive skin. Also, most mineral lines that I have tried only have 4 or 5 shades but aromaleigh has 30 so I was able to find a perfect match, and you can purchase sample sizes before you buy a full size. Wow, I sound like a commercial, but anyway if you haven't tried a mineral powder foundation yet I would try one because they are much more natural than other types.

#5 DancerChik

DancerChik

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2003 - 11:06 PM

Where can I find Aromaleigh foundations??? I'll give it a try!!

#6 shadylane

shadylane

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2003 - 04:12 PM

www.aromaleigh.com
I would order samples first in a few different shades. I am usually the lightest color in every foundation so when i first ordered I just got samples of the 1's which are the lightest, but they were actually all too light for me so i had to order again and get some 2's. Their blush is really great too, my old blush was breaking me out. I would get a flocked sponge to apply the powder and a good brush if you don't already have one. Also read the info they have on the site about application. It was an experience figuring out my color and how to apply it but I will never ever use regular make up again, this is so natural looking and doesn't make me break out.

#7 DancerChik

DancerChik

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 June 2003 - 10:44 PM

Hey, I checked out the site.... Cool stuff!!! and CHEAP!!!!!

Shady, thanks for the advice, I'm usually the lightest shades too, but I will definately order samples of 1's and 2's. Can't tell if Im a warm, neutral or cool either for that matter, but it's so cheap, I'll give 'em all a whirl!!

My big problem now is really with scarring. I still break out with an occasional cyst, here and there, but I have holes in my face that are rolling, ice pick, I don't know ] (*,) there HOLES and I hate them!!!

I'll give this product a try and let everyone know if it works well for my skin probs. Right now, i'm a makeup QUEEN!!! Don't leave home with out much of it, foundation mostly, to fill in those holes (and pray they don't get clogged!!) [-o<

Thanks again!!!

#8 Unique

Unique

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2003 - 02:37 PM

Neautrogena skin clearing make up is the best. it provides a flawless cover, and helps treat pimples while wearing it. :)

#9 prettybow

prettybow

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2003 - 01:45 PM

Try Pur Minerials 4-in-1 Pressed Powder.  I just order mine recently.  It works as a concealer, foundation, powder, and sunscreen all in one.  At first I didn't believe all these claims, but when I tried it I was like, WOW!!  It really hides everything and finishes like a powder!  Plus it's made of all natural minerals with no chemical dyes so it should not irritate your skin.  You can find it on the Canadian Shopping Channel
www.theshoppingchannel.com

or

www.purminerals.com

#10 user

user

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 July 2003 - 11:34 AM

Neautrogena skin clearing make up ...

I found this to be terrible when I started using it, I have been using it so long I seem to have got used to looking worse after i put my make up on! The foundation is running out, so I'm switching.

Looking into this aromaleigh stuff. They only offer powder foundations. I have always used liquid, I can't imagine a powder giving the coverage I am looking for, is this the case?

#11 ~Ani~

~Ani~

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 July 2003 - 09:52 PM

Looking into this aromaleigh stuff. They only offer powder foundations. I have always used liquid, I can't imagine a powder giving the coverage I am looking for, is this the case?

I'm wondering the same thing, as I too have always used liquid foundation. Does the powder provide the same coverage? And will it last? :?:

#12 Talon

Talon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2003 - 04:38 AM

From my samples, it covers better than the goo with less product. At first it was hard to NOT put too much on, since I have been so use to slathering on the liquid. But with practice - it looks so "put together". I can only speak for Aromaleigh, but they have two powders and Pure Powder (light-med coverage) and Pure Cover (med-heavy). Most people go with a 50/50 mixture of the two - I have only tried the Pure Powder as of yet.

#13 ~Ani~

~Ani~

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2003 - 07:06 AM

thanks for the info, Talon :evil: I've been religiously using Colorstay along with Dermablend for years. I've become such an expert at applying my make-up, it looks flawless. But since I've begun on the regimen, for the first time my makeup looks caked on. #-o I'll give Aromaleigh a try!

#14 strawberries

strawberries

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2003 - 06:59 PM

Mac studio fix powder, during the day and mac's matte foundation if i'm clubing, everything else makes me break out