chromium zinc

55 replies to this topic

#21 Wolfy

Wolfy

Formerly Known As Wolfkeeper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Studies into the unbearable lightness of light bulbs. Hard core rocketry.

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:28 PM

I think it's best to take zinc formulated with copper to avoid the copper deficiency angle.

Also, AFAIK, quite a lot of chromium doesn't contain GTF (glucose tolerance factor). If your diet/pills doesn't contain enough GTF then the chromium doesn't do anything.
"Gravity is just a theory. We shouldn't be teaching it to children as if it were fact."

#22 bdot1

bdot1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

This sounds great if it works for you BUT please please please be careful with chromium especially so much. i read on another thread to try zinc and chromium. i must say that combo seemed to be helping my moderate/severe cystic acne a little bit and it may have steadily gotten even better but I had to STOP the chromium. After downing just 200 mcg one a day for 5 - 7 days (i cant remember it was about a month ago) I started waking up in the middle of the night with a slight muscle spasm which i ignored. then one night they got really bad. it looked like there was something trying to bust out of my side the muscle was jumping so rapidly out of my side. it hurt to breathe and i thought maybe i was having appendicitis! i was scared and almost considered asking my parents to take me to the hosiptal. the muscle spasms were so involuntary it was like i had lost total control over my right side, and i had no IDEA muscles could jump out that far when stimulated. i know it was the chromium because i still take the zinc with no problems except maybe minor stomach upset, and once i took out the chromium things were normal again immediately. i am 19 and assumed that that fairly small dose of chromium would help me since i think much of my acne is due to not metabolizing sugar properly, most persons in my family will grow up to develop diabetes (which chromium can be used for) but apparently it can build toxic stores in your liver and kidneys so be CAUTIOUS and if you have these symptoms QUIT the chromium please!

#23 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:43 AM

This thread is 4 years old. Moved to nutrition and holistic health.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#24 SimplePimple

SimplePimple

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:26 AM

Yes, and Dan, your voting page should also consist of "are you on another regimen as well?". Because maybe it's those two working together.. For me BP + zinc works like hell
Acne back after 1 year off accutane. Hmm. Might be time for a new course soon..

#25 and1

and1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:19 AM

zinc and chromium works great for me too

#26 persuadedflower

persuadedflower

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

Bump.
So little time, so much to unlearn.

#27 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 April 2011 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (persuadedflower @ May 1 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bump.

Yeah no kidding bump! anyone else try this, sounds Like a super easy regamin to follow, someone try this please, I'm already taking both but im going to up my chromium dosage to see how the works......

#28 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

While I will strongly agree that zinc supplements can help the skin heal faster (and therefore having a clearing effect on acne) I should warn that this isn't a cure. Getting high levels of the right skin healing nutrients definitely is important, but something is still triggering the acne itself.

In my experience if acne is coming out on your skin it's because it needs to come out. Something is happening in the body. Zinc helped me too for sure but over time, the acne still popped up again and again. You've got to aid healing while searching for the triggers themselves.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#29 DC-girl

DC-girl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

Bump, Anyone else trying this?

#30 lllhhk

lllhhk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:05 PM

Tried Zinc... and my multivits had 120mg of Chromium... Was taking them at the same time, but I don't think I had any results?

Though I have to admit, I only tried it for awhile. Has anyone tried this for longer period? Say One month? Thanks

#31 lllhhk

lllhhk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:06 PM

I was taking 100mg Zinc. And I just realized my chromium had not whatever factor you guys mentioned..

#32 Lima

Lima

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

I can personally vouch that zinc and chromium are pretty amazing supplements (mostly the chromium for me) - and also my chromium has lipoic acid when helps.

#33 EyzzChinaDoll

EyzzChinaDoll

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

Hello. Did anyone try combining Zinc supplement with Panthotenic Acid (b5)? I'm currently taking about 3000 g / day Evening Primrose Oil, which seems to help with any hormone disequilibrium but acne. So I'm starting to think that what actually causes my acne is the tremendous sugar intake that I stuff myself with everyday. Thinking Chromium too (I get nervous insecure and can't properly think without ingesting sugar, not even sure if it's a physical addiction or just placebo at this point but I've been doing it for years so..)

Not sure what to do and which would be the right proportion.
Reviews convinced me that Zinc has high chances to work so I'll give this a ry first and maybe add up the others. Any advice coming from you guys would be invaluable.
currently dealing with moderate/severe acne, I constantly seem to have some cysts and nodules showing up everytime I stray from my vegan/ non-processed/ etc diet. I still drink tons of hot chocolate and some coffee. But that's another story.
Would really love to know about the zinc - b5 combo. and cromium too.
10x10x10x

Edited by EyzzChinaDoll, 23 September 2011 - 01:14 AM.

#34 Oner

Oner

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

can anyone explain what gtf is? I'm going to go get some chromium but need to know what that is. thanks.
also,
bump

#35 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

great post. i have been taking zinc for a while and will start taking brewers yeast everyday because of its high amount of chromium. thanks man

#36 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

great post. i have been taking zinc for a while and will start taking brewers yeast everyday because of its high amount of chromium. thanks man

Brewers yeast works. I got some supplements from Russia that were ok but I recommend the grey bottle from gnc they work man I no longer get inflamed cystic acne, it heals your skin quicker. The one in gnc says to take 12-16 per day I only take 9 and have seen good results.

#37 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Brewers yeast works. I got some supplements from Russia that were ok but I recommend the grey bottle from gnc they work man I no longer get inflamed cystic acne, it heals your skin quicker. The one in gnc says to take 12-16 per day I only take 9 and have seen good results.

oh wow awesome! thanks for the feedback. do you have no more acne it all? and how long did it take to see results?

Edited by Ichance23, 31 December 2012 - 12:29 PM.

#38 Sum1killme

Sum1killme

Resurrected Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

great post. i have been taking zinc for a while
and will start taking brewers yeast everyday because of its high amount of chromium. thanks
man

Brewers yeast works. I got some supplements
from Russia that were ok but I recommend the
grey bottle from gnc they work man I no longer
get inflamed cystic acne, it heals your skin
quicker. The one in gnc says to take 12-16 per
day I only take 9 and have seen good results.

oh wow awesome! thanks for the feedback. do
you have no more acne it all? and how long did
it take to see results?

I had pretty bad severe acne I took chromium, zinc and magnesium and reduced it significantly. When I started taking brewers yeast I noticed it has double the effect of regular chromium supplements and zinc. I still break out but nothing compared to how it was, I saw results within one week.

#39 whoartthou1

whoartthou1

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Does this really work?

#40 Acnegoaway54

Acnegoaway54

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Does this really work?

depends on the person. for me i saw a 50% reduction in acne when i started chelated zinc 30 mg. it was amazing. it still works 4 months later too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users