Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SmokinDatChronic

Sex and body acne.

73 posts in this topic

Hello all 21/male,

Do you all that have body acne worry about takeing off your clothes for such occasions if they may arrise? I have stated 100 times on acne.org that I'm too ashamed to go swimming anymore. How, if i ever meet the right person, will i engage in such an activity? What will i say? Will i have to leave my clothes on? What do you all do honestly? Im concerned.

That sux, I used to have pretty bad acne on my back & I would dread having to get naked too. I'm a girl by the way so alot of times I'm on my back (ha ha) so it wasn't an issue then but of course there are certain positions some one seeing your back can't be avoided I would make sure my hair covered my back plus keep the lights off or at least very low. I can't offer much advice other than the light thing since I'm assuming your a guy. I will say my back has cleared up a whole heck of a lot by just leaving it alone. I used to use acne wash on it, a back scrubber and what ever topical I was using & it was just terrible now all I use is Olay body wash for extra dry skin and a wash cloth I would say it's 95% better. I still get an occasional zit but nothing too bad.

My personal regimen log

My old log

started Green Cream 6 February 9 started Retin A March 21

AM- Olay Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher

Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturizer

Bare Minerals makeup

PM-Jessfoliate with Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

2-3 times per week leave Retin A .05% on for 3 hours

Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Gel

Supplements:

Lysine 1000 mg

Multivitamin

EFA's

oops I guess you did say male (don't need to assume) sorry:)

My personal regimen log

My old log

started Green Cream 6 February 9 started Retin A March 21

AM- Olay Regenerist Thermal Skin Polisher

Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturizer

Bare Minerals makeup

PM-Jessfoliate with Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel

2-3 times per week leave Retin A .05% on for 3 hours

Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Gel

Supplements:

Lysine 1000 mg

Multivitamin

EFA's

Indeed it is a very sensitive subject... I'm one of these that has to feel 100% comfortable to be able to do this, acne makes me feel disgusting and therefore i miss out. Acne on the chest is so embarrassing! I try not to think about sex. But if the other person really loves you, it shouldnt be a factor.

It isn't a big deal, really. I was so worried before my boyfriend saw my back and I told him that I don't have perfect skin on my back (and boy was that hard to say) and I was so worried about what he would say and the first time he saw my back all he said was "your back is beautiful" if they love you, then it doesn't matter. I don't even care anymore when I'm around him and it's so liberating! I can wear whatever I want and I don't have to worry what he's thinking. It's the best feeling in the world. So yeah, it's not that big of a deal if they really care about you.

yeah i've had sex with my shirt on like an idiot. But there is a reason why i apply tea tree oil to my back nightly, to clear it up.

It isn't a big deal, really. I was so worried before my boyfriend saw my back and I told him that I don't have perfect skin on my back (and boy was that hard to say) and I was so worried about what he would say and the first time he saw my back all he said was "your back is beautiful" if they love you, then it doesn't matter. I don't even care anymore when I'm around him and it's so liberating! I can wear whatever I want and I don't have to worry what he's thinking. It's the best feeling in the world. So yeah, it's not that big of a deal if they really care about you.

I have acne on my back,chest and face. I wish i could be carefree about it but i cant because im too embarassed by it. cry.gif

Me and my bf have been together for a year now and he's never seen my naked body in broad daylight...because of the acne. My back is bumpy and feels like sandpaper. sad.gif He's probably gonna get fed up with me soon being so self-concious about my skin.

Hello all 21/male,

Do you all that have body acne worry about takeing off your clothes for such occasions if they may arrise?  I have stated 100 times on acne.org that I'm too ashamed to go swimming anymore.  How, if i ever meet the right person, will i engage in such an activity?  What will i say?  Will i have to leave my clothes on? What do you all do honestly? Im concerned.

I've never really even seen my boyfriends back so there are ways to avoid it. Have her be on top with the lights off wink.gif

However, there's the issue of texture if she's grabbing you. But honestly, that's the furthest thing from your mind when you're.....you know....doing it.

Ya'll got it easy. I got acne on my face, neck, chest, stomach, back, shoulders, upper arms, and ass! I don't see myself having sex anytime soon lol. And Im 19 right now, but what keeps me from meeting anyone is my shyness, people tell me im pretty decent lookin, but ive never even kissed a girl before. lol i know im a loser

My boyfriend and I have been together for bout 6 months. Started going at it during the first week lol. I mostly have red marks on my back and I get the occasional massive cysts every now and then. Anyway my bf has extremely clear skin and I always felt self conscious around him. But just a couple months ago I noticed his back was a little broken out. I had never noticed it before after all those months. It doesnt bother me at all! (strangely enuff it turns me on lol) I quite like it cuz it shows it doesnt bother him so i doubt my back would bother him. And its good to know hes not too perfect.

It just seems so superficial and shallow to me that anyone would comment about the way your back looks during sex. Especially when you care enuff about them to give yourself to them. And always remember that everyone has their own insecurities so the other person your with is probably worrying bout their own imperfections rather than yours.

I live on a lake......

People would come over and go swimming all the time and I wouldnt go in....

So depressing......I love swimming too...I go in at night time by myslef....

Also everyone always has thier shirts off just for being near the water..Not me

as far as sex goes...don't need to worry about that...havnt had a girlfriend in 2 years

thanks acne!!!!

I love sex... just leave the body acne behind :lol:

Neem Oil has been found useful for number of skin

and scalp concerns. Neem oil is highly concentrated

anti-microbial active ingredients can be used directly

on cuts, scrapes, or serious skin conditions.

Body Acne completely sucks sad.gif

I have bad acne on my shoulders, back, chest, and upper arms... It is so embarrasing. I don't even wear T-Shirts really... More recently I have started to get spots on my forearms too sad.gif

My Back and shoulders are absolutely ugly, covered in horrible white patches / scars and horrible acne... sad.gifsad.gif

So Sex = No ....

Plus, I lack any confidence at all. I have such bad acne on my face that I find it difficult to even look people in the eye at the thought of bearing their unconfortable expression. *sigh*

Eh....I'm even scared to go swimming with my friends that aren't girls. I know it's all in my head, but I can't help it. I had bad acne on my back, chest, face, and shoulders, but most of it's cleared up. Now I only have to deal with the scars on my back and chest, and I'm not even gonna go into the topic of my facial scars. The way I see it, I'm only gonna start having sex once I'm comfortable enough with my facial scars to start going out again. I really like all the tips though, and I also agree that if a person loves you, it shouldn't matter. I just hope the same applies to facial acne/scars, then my life wouldn't be so down in the pooper. Good luck to you all with your back and in the sack. wink.gif

Eh....I'm even scared to go swimming with my friends that aren't girls. I know it's all in my head, but I can't help it. I had bad acne on my back, chest, face, and shoulders, but most of it's cleared up. Now I only have to deal with the scars on my back and chest, and I'm not even gonna go into the topic of my facial scars. The way I see it, I'm only gonna start having sex once I'm comfortable enough with my facial scars to start going out again. I really like all the tips though, and I also agree that if a person loves you, it shouldn't matter. I just hope the same applies to facial acne/scars, then my life wouldn't be so down in the pooper. Good luck to you all with your back and in the sack. wink.gif

ive been with my guy for over three years and i had a bout of really bad acne..he stuck with me.

anyway, to the original poster..if you're with a geniune person, it won't matter. its better to have it on your back then on your ass or something. back is a common area. i get a few on my bum every now and then..i hate it.

Now, I was never a kid with super clear skin, but in July 2004 I broke out big. I went to the internet for solutions. I began using ProActiv, which worsened my condition initially. I opted for Dan's Regimen that August and was completely clear by December. I used baking soda and apple cider vinegar for the remaining red marks, which faded about 3 months later.

I can relate to your situation.

Acne has seriously affected my relationship with my current partner.

intimacy actually becomes a challenge for me, no longer natural... no longer wanted...

I try to avoid it as much as possible because of body acne. *sigh*

Me:21/Female

Well, I don't know where I get my confidence from but no matter who I have been with I don't worry about my blemishes, just like alot of others metioned if they really care about YOU then they won't care about something as insignificant as that. And if you think she might really be a shallow enough girl then maybe you should hold out your search for the "right" girl. A couple of my X's were surprised and actually impressed at how confident I was in myself even though I have facial acne, bacne, chest acne, as well as the unforgiving stretch marks from rapid weight gain due to a thyroid problem (which now I can't get rid of either). I fig if they are into me enough to take there cloths off then I might as well take a chance and join um!!! He he. I am happily engaged now to the man of my dreams and don't have to deal with "presenting" my body to a new suitor. And this may totally be T.M.I. but he and I have only been together 8 months today and I actually pop the zits on HIS back and even his butt for him! Why not he can't reach!!! LOL! I just wish he had nails so he could return the favor! Well, hopes this helps! Best of Luck....I know "Don't Worry" is easier said than done.

Me:21/Female

Well, I don't know where I get my confidence from but no matter who I have been with I don't worry about my blemishes, just like alot of others metioned if they really care about YOU then they won't care about something as insignificant as that. And if you think she might really be a shallow enough girl then maybe you should hold out your search for the "right" girl. A couple of my X's were surprised and actually impressed at how confident I was in myself even though I have facial acne, bacne, chest acne, as well as the unforgiving stretch marks from rapid weight gain due to a thyroid problem (which now I can't get rid of either). I fig if they are into me enough to take there cloths off then I might as well take a chance and join um!!! He he. I am happily engaged now to the man of my dreams and don't have to deal with "presenting" my body to a new suitor. And this may totally be T.M.I. but he and I have only been together 8 months today and I actually pop the zits on HIS back and even his butt for him! Why not he can't reach!!! LOL! I just wish he had nails so he could return the favor! Well, hopes this helps! Best of Luck....I know "Don't Worry" is easier said than done.