Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to cure cyst...

10 posts in this topic

What a great info.

Yesterday I felt an acne coming into my chin.

Today when I woke up, I can feel the WEIGHT of the damn cyst! Even now when I'm sitting down. I looked at the mirror and although the color is the same as my skin color, it's as if I have a second chin. You know some people have double chin with the parting in the middle? Well mine is just on one side.

Totally gross and big and hard as a golf ball.

cry.gif

One thing I';ve learned is that it's best to leave cysts alon....What ever you do make sure not to temper or try and pop them.

Fucking around with them will just make them 10 times worst trust me.

I say just let them run their course.

From a person thats been a long time suffer of cystic acne. Light work on it can help. But be o so gentle. Leaving it alone will make it last longer. Using hydrocortizone will drive the inflamation out and will go away at a much faster rate.

I'm not surve if everybody realizes the severity of cystic acne. I see the term tossed around here a lot, but cystic acne really is a rare thing. My heart goes out to you that truely do have it. Cysts have a diameter of at least 5mm wide, often more. You should never try to pop a cyst. Cystic acne very often results in scarring. If you have cystic acne you should see a derm right away, rather than waiting for it to run its course.

I'm not surve if everybody realizes the severity of cystic acne.  I see the term tossed around here a lot, but cystic acne really is a rare thing.  My heart goes out to you that truely do have it.  Cysts have a diameter of at least 5mm wide, often more.  You should never try to pop a cyst.  Cystic acne very often results in scarring.  If you have cystic acne you should see a derm right away, rather than waiting for it to run its course.

I always thought that there was nothing I could do about cysts- i would try steaming and applying extra bp, but they would just last and last. They can scar even if you don't pop them. I think that the most important thing is to convince them to heal quickly. This is easier if you get when you first feel them coming on:

I have been having very good luck with spot treating them with the 20% salicylic acid peel that I have. Just dab a tiny bit on using a Qtip. Then, I apply bp and later tea tree oil. This has worked to stop cysts from swelling up almost every time.

Additionally, twice daily, I exfoliate the area with baking soda and water which I leave on as a mask for about 10 minutes.

My face has gotten used to salicylic acid after at least a year of regular use, so I can't say if this is the right method for others, but it really works for me. Have you noticed this on Dan's site? http://www.acne.org/alpha-hydroxy-acid.php It's the same idea as the 20% SA. Maybe they disolve some of the dead skin cells that are starting to clog a pore and thwart the infection.

By the way, I never had any luck with over the counter cortizone. And I was never able to go to a derm for it.

was it 1% let me just say that Cortizone has to be left on all the time. The minute you take it off it loses its anti inflammatory action.

would aplpying triple antibiotic actually do anything? I have a derm i go to reguraly but right now im out of state and cant see him.