Photo

Best way to cure cyst...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Football15

Football15

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2005 - 09:26 PM

What is the best way to cure a cyst quickly. Also, how long do they usually stay....?

#2 bfg9000d

bfg9000d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2005 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(Football15 @ Sep 26 2005, 08:26 PM)
What is the best way to cure a cyst quickly. Also, how long do they usually stay....?

View Post

Let me just say a cyst has to run its course. Their is nothing you can do to get rid of it. The best you can do is make it come to a head so it can be pop so it will subside more quickly. Cyst contains hug amounts of puss almost to epic portions.

Lets talk about cyst in general this will help you.

A cyst beside it being the worst end of acne. Cyst has allots of inflammatin in and around the area the more the inflammation the bigger the cyst and the more it grows with puss and swells to disfiguring portions. Bp will not do anything this will actually make the area worst or cause more problems unless you are on a bp regimen. Bp is not a treatment for active spots I have found they make it worst to be honest. Bp is preventive not a active spot treatment. So lets forget bp. Plus it will not get rid of the inflammation and it might cause more problems.

So the key question is how do we get rid of the inflammation. Well by using anti inflammatory medications. Because if you take inflammation out your pull the legs out underneath the cyst. I recommend hydrocortizone 1% it has to be 1% which can be had at any wal-mart or cvs or walgreen. I Recommend keeping hydrocortizone on it almost all day and all night long while you sleeping for altleast 2 to 3 days. Or until a head comes to it. If a head comes to it pop it and lighty squeeze it until no more puss comes out then apply more hydrocortizone to the area. Remember use a sewing needle to pop the white head then drain. Never apply pressure to pop it. After you prick the white head then gently apply pressure to the area to drain. Sometimes cyst will not drain in one shot sometimes they have layers of puss. When a new white head forms prick the white head again and drain keep repeating until cyst is not painfull to the touch anymore.

Another one would be ice. Make a ice rag put a cloth around it to keep it from getting to cold keep it on their for the entire day if you can. This will cool the area and reduce inflammation.

Anti inflammatory is key. With a cyst. I recommend unless its in a place where it could be potential dangerous like near you eye not to get a cortizone shot but to ride it out. The best thing though is to get on a preventive regimen to stop cyst in the future. Cyst are something that you should not have to live with.

Some cyst come up without hurting its rare but it does happen. These are scarry because these are the ones that take forever to go away. These you need to do the opposite you need to drive inflamation or heat to the area. By driving the inflammation up a little you force it to heal. Apply a hot rag to it to push it to a head.

I hope that helps. I use to have plent of cyst. Work on getting the inflammation down then the cyst will go away at a much faster rate.

#3 natuerwild

natuerwild

Human oil generator :(

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 September 2005 - 04:21 AM

What a great info.

Yesterday I felt an acne coming into my chin.

Today when I woke up, I can feel the WEIGHT of the damn cyst! Even now when I'm sitting down. I looked at the mirror and although the color is the same as my skin color, it's as if I have a second chin. You know some people have double chin with the parting in the middle? Well mine is just on one side.

Totally gross and big and hard as a golf ball.

cry.gif

#4 RSXBOI

RSXBOI

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 September 2005 - 02:41 AM

One thing I';ve learned is that it's best to leave cysts alon....What ever you do make sure not to temper or try and pop them.

Fucking around with them will just make them 10 times worst trust me.

I say just let them run their course.

#5 bfg9000d

bfg9000d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 September 2005 - 07:07 PM

From a person thats been a long time suffer of cystic acne. Light work on it can help. But be o so gentle. Leaving it alone will make it last longer. Using hydrocortizone will drive the inflamation out and will go away at a much faster rate.

#6 ξ®ٱ©

ξ®ٱ©

Doesn't listen to emotions, listens to logic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me

Posted 29 September 2005 - 07:23 PM

I'm not surve if everybody realizes the severity of cystic acne. I see the term tossed around here a lot, but cystic acne really is a rare thing. My heart goes out to you that truely do have it. Cysts have a diameter of at least 5mm wide, often more. You should never try to pop a cyst. Cystic acne very often results in scarring. If you have cystic acne you should see a derm right away, rather than waiting for it to run its course.

#7 bfg9000d

bfg9000d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE(erpatter @ Sep 29 2005, 06:23 PM)
I'm not surve if everybody realizes the severity of cystic acne.  I see the term tossed around here a lot, but cystic acne really is a rare thing.  My heart goes out to you that truely do have it.  Cysts have a diameter of at least 5mm wide, often more.  You should never try to pop a cyst.  Cystic acne very often results in scarring.  If you have cystic acne you should see a derm right away, rather than waiting for it to run its course.

View Post

I agree to a point a derm uses cortizone to draw it to a head. I'm doing the same thing but just topically. and then you drain it . It saves you and office visit. Of course if you dont know what the h ell your doing then dont do it. But I have had enough on my face to know how to work them. But people really shouldnt have to live iwth cyst. Their are some regimen out their that do help.

#8 lynn

lynn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:34 AM

I always thought that there was nothing I could do about cysts- i would try steaming and applying extra bp, but they would just last and last. They can scar even if you don't pop them. I think that the most important thing is to convince them to heal quickly. This is easier if you get when you first feel them coming on:

I have been having very good luck with spot treating them with the 20% salicylic acid peel that I have. Just dab a tiny bit on using a Qtip. Then, I apply bp and later tea tree oil. This has worked to stop cysts from swelling up almost every time.

Additionally, twice daily, I exfoliate the area with baking soda and water which I leave on as a mask for about 10 minutes.

My face has gotten used to salicylic acid after at least a year of regular use, so I can't say if this is the right method for others, but it really works for me. Have you noticed this on Dan's site? http://www.acne.org/...ydroxy-acid.php It's the same idea as the 20% SA. Maybe they disolve some of the dead skin cells that are starting to clog a pore and thwart the infection.

By the way, I never had any luck with over the counter cortizone. And I was never able to go to a derm for it.

#9 bfg9000d

bfg9000d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 September 2005 - 02:19 PM

was it 1% let me just say that Cortizone has to be left on all the time. The minute you take it off it loses its anti inflammatory action.

#10 pawelw1

pawelw1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

would aplpying triple antibiotic actually do anything? I have a derm i go to reguraly but right now im out of state and cant see him.