Photo

THE FINAL SOLUTION? EGF/Hebermin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
358 replies to this topic

#21 jackthebear

jackthebear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2003 - 05:21 AM

I was doing a google search on Hebermin..

Here is a description from http://www.citesa200...edicam-in2.html :

Hebermin (epidermal growth factor)

Characteristics :
Hebermin is a cicatrizant cream that has a high effectiveness in the treatment of the cutaneous lesions, because its fundamental component is the factor of human Epidermal Growth (FCEh). The FCEh is a peptide of 53 amino acids that stimulates the cellular proliferation. It is produced in the Center of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (CIGB) through recombination techniques of DNA applied on a strain of genetically transformed yeast , so that it contains the gene of the human protein under a high level of expression.

Indications:
Hebermin is indicated for the burn treatment, achieving a considerable reduction of the cicatrization time, in superficial and profound dermic burns. In hypodermic burns, Hebermin also shortens the time of evolution upon achieving an area of granulation of more quality that facilitates the reception of the graft. Hebermin is very useful in the ulcer treatment by extravasation of cytostatics and by circulatory insufficiency, and in the prophylaxis of injuries due to superficial radiation therapy. .

Forma de Presentación:
White polyethylene opaque flasks with capacity for 30 and 200 gr.

Countries where it is commercialized:
Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Belarus, Bolivia, China, Colombia, Cuba, El Salvador, Laos, Lithuania, Latvia, Nicaragua, Peru, Rep. Dominican, Romania, Saint Lucia, Ukraine, Uruguay, Viet-Nam.

-----------------

As you can see, there are quite a few countries where it is commercialized. Now we just need to get our hands on it smile.gif

#22 Wisky2001

Wisky2001

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2003 - 09:02 AM

Im going to St. Lucia next week! do u think i will be able to get Hebermin? and where?????

#23 jackthebear

jackthebear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2003 - 11:55 AM

http://www.clausen.c...ros/facderm.htm

This is the same product I believe, and it is marketed as FACDERMIN at least in Uruguay. Perhaps in other places as well. Maybe you can try to look for this in St. Lucia, Wisky 2001.

Further, I found somewhere that seemed to sell Hebermin (painkillerpharmacy.com) but when I asked them if it were available, they said no, and then when i further questioned whether they knew where I could get it, they said "unfortunately, we can't help you." So maybe they're just not allowed to tell me? I don't know. Maybe someone from outside the states might want to try asking.

Like others have mentioned, there must be something you need to do in order to remove the scar first. Is TCA / AHA / some type of peel the answer? perhaps, perhaps not. we don't know.

Longits, perhaps you can ask your French friend to ask his doctor just exactly what it was that he had done?

EGF sounds exciting. It seems to work on the same principle as the skinbio stuff, except I never found the skinbio to do anything (I've always chalked up the skin bio product results to the regular use of acids) and further, I think it's a bunch of pseudo science. (If copper peptides were really that good at healing, etc., there would be a lot more money in it and you'd see it all over the place.) the EGF stuff, on the other hand, has been pursued by many pharmaceutical companies and seems like a lot more scientific studies have been done on them, and not just by the people selling/trying to profit off of them. Also, the guy who found this peptide won the Nobel Prize in 1986.

Still, I wonder how even with EGF, how we can get our skin to "forgot" the scar. Right now, a large problem is that even after removing the scar by some method, the dermis "remembers" what the skin looked like with the scar, and not before that, so it tries to heal that way. How does the EGF change that?

in any case, i want some! smile.gif There are actually some products you can find that have this in the US but they're expensive and I wonder why it doesn't get talked about more often. Perhaps they are not as strong as the products from overseas? Anyway, something such as : http://www.naturalwe...nfo.cfm/prod/77

jack

#24 Anna

Anna

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2003 - 12:41 PM

Jack,

I too wonder about the skin's ability to remember it's original healthy appearance.

Also, I am wondering what kind of EGF we are talking about here. I found a scientific supply house that sells various factors for research and there are many pages and many varieties of EGF. I wonder how their action on the skin differs.

Here is the site:

http://www.rndsystem...sp/c_search.asp

You have to register to get the prices and some of them are very steep!

Anna
We search for more answers because the ones we have found are not to our liking.

#25 crappyskin

crappyskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2003 - 07:48 AM

wow, sounds interesting!

any more news?, maybe I should ask Dr. Chu about it.

--CS

#26 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2003 - 07:56 AM

There is a bichemist in Cuba who is looking into prices about the Herbemin cream right now - he thinks it's around $200 for a 200gm pot - but I have no idea how long that would last/how much we would need etc..

Crappyskin - Dr Chu was not interested in the Renovo/TGF stuff - so my gut feeling is that he wouldn't be interested in this - also, he wasn't interested in the TCA Cross method.
The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

#27 Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2003 - 08:00 AM

I can get hold of herbemin as i have contacts with my family who lives in one of those countries mentioned but i don't really see the need as it described as removing skin to reveal fresher skin....well thats exactly what mandelic is doing and im very pleased with the results.

#28 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2003 - 10:10 AM

Important!!!! I found a doctor that apparently uses this latest tecnology in Spain, but i don't know if it is exactly Hebermin. He uses creams from Cuba a long time ago (4 years). He talks me about coagulation of proteins, and new born of skin (uhmm this sounds to me again). Two things to comment: a) his prices are so expensive B) his results apparently are spectacular. He is very confidential, doesn't haves any url or something like this. He works with the high society people of Spain.

His name is: Dr. Jose Manuel Caro Cordero, Seville, Spain.

To Dim: I think that maybe this can be what we see on TV in June. I feel illusionated, but i think that sounds too good to be true too. Anyway, let's gonna see if we have good luck!!!

(Sorry for me english)

#29 Anna

Anna

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2003 - 03:41 PM

Longits,

Please keep us posted!

Thanks, Anna
We search for more answers because the ones we have found are not to our liking.

#30 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2003 - 04:17 PM

I really hope that this stuff makes its way to the U.S. Maybe this stuff will be as popular as retin-a in 5-8 years?!?!

#31 dim99992

dim99992

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 November 2003 - 08:09 PM

Hi longits,
thanks for the info.....Did you talk to this guy in spain? Can you get his phone number??
Also if possible can you ask your freind if he can give his doctors information?? Maybe we can ask him if he can treat acne scars.....

#32 dim99992

dim99992

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2003 - 07:58 AM

bump

#33 longits

longits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2003 - 08:14 AM

I hope too. All this sounds very good, but all of us knows that sometimes all this is just more commertial things. But i readed information on the press about this doctor, and he actually works with very important people. Dim, i'm trying to have more information, but i think i'll have his phone number the next weeek.

#34 dim99992

dim99992

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 November 2003 - 12:23 PM

Thats great!! If we can contact him maybe we will get some info on what the treatment is all about......

#35 GoldRex

GoldRex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2003 - 06:21 PM

I know for sure that I'll put down 200 bucks for a pot of this stuff if it can help... However, I am not willing to self-administer phenol peels (the stuff that would destroy my scars, and also my face)... My weekly 50% lactics are going on hold, actually, while I test-drive tazorac for scar-revision.

What do we know about Herbemin, besides the fact that it can help heal existent wounds? Do we have any clue as to whether or not it could heal scars over time, as copper peptides allegedly can? I'm not trying to be disparaging, but I think there is a big hurdle here... As in, we need to recreate the wounds to act on them. Any thoughts?

#36 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2003 - 12:50 AM

Goldrex - I do believe that it's fresh scars that hebermin is supposed to help with, not old ones. So, it would help after surgery/deep peels I guess.

#37 GoldRex

GoldRex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2003 - 05:11 PM

It seems like that Parisian doctor performed a quasi-exoderm lift (phenol peel) on that man's forehead. To "destroy the scar" (and everything else). I just can't do that to myself, and am not really keen on finding an exoderm surgeon.

As I said, maybe this stuff will work with strong salicylic peels. At least over time.

Back to my tazorac and cp.

#38 dim99992

dim99992

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2003 - 07:42 AM

Maya or Longits?? ANy updates??
Longits, any idea about this doc?? like where he lives and how much he charges and the treatments he offers, his phone number??

#39 Anna

Anna

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2003 - 04:51 PM

Bump!

I wonder how this stuff would work after TCA CROSS?

Any updates actually getting our hands on a pot of this stuff?

Thanks!

Anna

#40 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2003 - 06:04 PM

My man from Cuba has dissapeared - sorry, no updates.