Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heat and acne?

8 posts in this topic

This is something I've been wondering about for the past 5 years or so. I have adult acne. I was pretty clear (had some teenage breakouts, but nothing seroius) until about 18. I've had moderate acne on and off for the past six years. I only get acne in the summer. During the late fall and winter I'm totally clear, the when spring comes I breakout like crazy on my face and chest, until the end of the fall when it gets cold out.

I eat a pertty healthy diet, mostly organic and unprocessed stuff. I don't eat much sugar. I haven't been able to cut out dairy yet totally, but I have dramatically reduced it. I don't think my acne is so much related to diet or hormones (on an antiandrogenic BCP). It's related to heat. I do get super oily in the summer, but sebum alone doesn't cause acne.....

I probably sound like an idiot, but if acne is really caused by all the toxins and out of wack hormones in my body why does it only affect me when it's hot outside?

I'm off Accutane!!!!!

Six month course from 9/7/06 to 3/23/07......dosage ranged from 20mg a day to a whopping 120mg/day, giving a huge cumulitive dose of 262.5mg/kg.

I'm clear, but will be using Tazorac for maintnence (and to keep any wrinkles that want to come up at bay)......

So you want to see my acne and 'tane results??? Lab's Gallery

Hum, that is interesting. I live where its hot, really hot sometimes, but I moving to the mountains, soon eusa_dance.gif When ever I visit my skin looks way better. How is the humidity where you live? Its really high here, maybe it is not the heat but the humidity?

“Know your limits, not so that you can honor them, but so that you can smash them to pieces and reach for magnificence.� Cherie Carter-Scott

entertainment_daniela_zocchi.jpg

Olive‘s log

Gallery

Hum, that is interesting. I live where its hot, really hot sometimes, but I moving to the mountains, soon eusa_dance.gif  When ever I visit my skin looks way better. How is the humidity where you live? Its really high here, maybe it is not the heat but the humidity?

I'm off Accutane!!!!!

Six month course from 9/7/06 to 3/23/07......dosage ranged from 20mg a day to a whopping 120mg/day, giving a huge cumulitive dose of 262.5mg/kg.

I'm clear, but will be using Tazorac for maintnence (and to keep any wrinkles that want to come up at bay)......

So you want to see my acne and 'tane results??? Lab's Gallery

i've always found that my acne is worse in the summer. funny as most other people say the opposite. i sweat like crazy so its got to be the sweat. odd about the gym though

This is something I've been wondering about for the past 5 years or so.  I have adult acne.  I was pretty clear (had some teenage breakouts, but nothing seroius) until about 18.  I've had moderate acne on and off for the past six years.  I only get acne in the summer.  During the late fall and winter I'm totally clear, the when spring comes I breakout like crazy on my face and chest, until the end of the fall when it gets cold out. 

I eat a pertty healthy diet, mostly organic and unprocessed stuff.  I don't eat much sugar. I haven't been able to cut out dairy yet totally, but I have dramatically reduced it. I don't think my acne is so much related to diet or hormones (on an antiandrogenic BCP).  It's related to heat.  I do get super oily in the summer, but sebum alone doesn't cause acne.....

I probably sound like an idiot, but if acne is really caused by all the toxins and out of wack hormones in my body why does it only affect me when it's hot outside?

Because it's hot it make syou sweat which irriates the skin and the heat make's your face go all red biggrin.gif So your head looks like a big tomato. biggrin.gif

The post above is that someone advertising there site??

Because it's hot it make syou sweat which irriates the skin and the heat make's your face go all red biggrin.gif So your head looks like a big tomato. biggrin.gif

The post above is that someone advertising there site??