This topic is archived.
249 replies to this topic

#241 trident

trident

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:01 PM

anyone have mild to moderate rolling scars that were treated with fraxel? and if so, how are the results of the laser? many thanks in advance

#242 wantscarsaway

wantscarsaway

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2005 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE(trident @ Nov 2 2005, 07:01 PM) View Post

anyone have mild to moderate rolling scars that were treated with fraxel? and if so, how are the results of the laser? many thanks in advance

has anyone had fraxel on back acne scars? today was the first I ever heard of it and i want to know if it will work on back acne scars. The local laser clinic i went to just got it in so the docter counldn't show me any before and after photo's as he has only had it since the end of august. The price he quoted me was $200.00 Canadian for the part of my back that was really scarred per treatment and he said I would need 5-6 treatments. As I am a student this is alot of money but if it works then it is worth it.

#243 JennyL

JennyL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(wantscarsaway @ Nov 2 2005, 05:54 PM) View Post

has anyone had fraxel on back acne scars? today was the first I ever heard of it and i want to know if it will work on back acne scars. The local laser clinic i went to just got it in so the docter counldn't show me any before and after photo's as he has only had it since the end of august. The price he quoted me was $200.00 Canadian for the part of my back that was really scarred per treatment and he said I would need 5-6 treatments. As I am a student this is alot of money but if it works then it is worth it.

They claimed fraxel can be used on literally any part of the body. So, yes your back scarring could be treated by fraxel, however none of those before and after pic of those "50 patients, 1 machine" demo showed an example of back scarring.

#244 amnesiac

amnesiac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 03 November 2005 - 12:10 AM

i'm really considering the PSR3 over fraxel
i've been reading and it seems that the PSR3 provides better results with the same downtime and risks

has anyone else done PSR3?
The significant problems we face in life cannot be solved with the same state of mind we created them.

#245 Headsup

Headsup

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 November 2005 - 02:26 PM

I don't know if this has been discussed already but I was wondering if anyone knows if Fraxel results are permanant or do they only last a few years, if that? I might try and call my DR and see what info he has on the subject. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know, Thanks.

#246 amnesiac

amnesiac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 04 November 2005 - 12:34 AM

any opinions on the PSR3 ?
The significant problems we face in life cannot be solved with the same state of mind we created them.

#247 nlg

nlg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:19 AM

meet pete, where are you getting your treatment done?

#248 hadenough

hadenough

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE(Headsup @ Nov 3 2005, 12:26 PM) View Post

I don't know if this has been discussed already but I was wondering if anyone knows if Fraxel results are permanant or do they only last a few years, if that? I might try and call my DR and see what info he has on the subject. If anyone knows for sure, please let me know, Thanks.

I asked the nurse if results were permanent and she immediatly answered yes. I'm still unsure about it because they know so little about the laser, but if not permanent the results are probably very long lasting at the very least.

#249 Headsup

Headsup

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE(hadenough @ Nov 4 2005, 05:08 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Headsup @ Nov 3 2005, 12:26 PM) View Post

I asked the nurse if results were permanent and she immediatly answered yes. I'm still unsure about it because they know so little about the laser, but if not permanent the results are probably very long lasting at the very least.

Thanks for the info hadenough. Going for Fraxel on Nov 18. Hoping for the best ..see ya

#250 ThisSucks

ThisSucks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2005 - 11:45 AM

Does anyone know if these treatments have to be repeated after you go through all the reccomended 5 or 6 sessions??????

I was told that you have to do a maintenance appointment every 4-5 months, and maybe repeat the treatment every 2 years... that sounds freaking expensive!!!!!!!!!! 2 grand a year... crap

#251 Lexy

Lexy

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2005 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE(ThisSucks @ Nov 5 2005, 10:45 AM) View Post

Does anyone know if these treatments have to be repeated after you go through all the reccomended 5 or 6 sessions??????

I was told that you have to do a maintenance appointment every 4-5 months, and maybe repeat the treatment every 2 years... that sounds freaking expensive!!!!!!!!!! 2 grand a year... crap

sounds similar to what I was told about smoohtbeam. I don't understand that if it's building collagen, why you would have to go back so often for maintenance? Isn't collagen growth permanent?

I asked my doctor that did my smoothbeam this, and she told me that the scar tissue will always be there, and as we age the collagen degrades and the scars become more noticeable again. So that's why maintenance is needed. That the collagen is just hiding the scar temporarily. At least, that's what I was told. But who knows, she was wrong about so many things.

#252 ThisSucks

ThisSucks

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE(Lexy @ Nov 5 2005, 01:17 PM) View Post

QUOTE(ThisSucks @ Nov 5 2005, 10:45 AM) View Post

sounds similar to what I was told about smoohtbeam. I don't understand that if it's building collagen, why you would have to go back so often for maintenance? Isn't collagen growth permanent?

I asked my doctor that did my smoothbeam this, and she told me that the scar tissue will always be there, and as we age the collagen degrades and the scars become more noticeable again. So that's why maintenance is needed. That the collagen is just hiding the scar temporarily. At least, that's what I was told. But who knows, she was wrong about so many things.

Right..

I was told this is the case, but the treatment is called Cool Touch laser. About $300 a pop. 5-6 initial treatments with maintenance treatments every now and then. That's an assload of money!

#253 boco

boco

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE(trident @ Sep 19 2005, 03:04 PM) View Post

was thinking about having the fraxel laser done, but wanted to know if anyone who has done it before thinks it is worth the money?

i seen a doctor last week im gonna get 4 fraxels done. he siad nothing else will help me but there should be an improvement after a few fraxel sessions. still feel like shit

#254 dino

dino

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE(Meet Pete @ Nov 7 2005, 02:00 AM) View Post

Had first Fraxel today 7 passes at 30 MJ / 1250 MTZ cm2 with cold air Zimmer machine and anesthetic cream. The 30 MJ penetrates to about 900 microns. No pain except slight sting, no bright flash in eyes, no smell of burning skin, some swelling, didnt even have to wear goggles though I would have felt safer with them, its a very tolerable procedure except for the inconvenience of having a blue dyed face which leaves you looking like a smurf for a day or two.
IPB Image

heya meetpete,

7 passes at 30 mj? wow! no blisters?? did the doctor go over the aquamid site? hope things work out! good luck and god bless.

#255 Keithr23

Keithr23

georgio6

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:23 AM

well I guess the fraxel has been out long enough and some of these people getting treatments have done enough to be able to post before and after photos for reference.

There should be a section on this site that is for posting nothing but before and after photos categorized by treatment. That would be really helpful.

#256 JennyL

JennyL

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE(dino @ Nov 7 2005, 05:33 AM) View Post

Had first Fraxel today 7 passes at 30 MJ / 1250 MTZ cm2 with cold air Zimmer machine and anesthetic cream. The 30 MJ penetrates to about 900 microns. No pain except slight sting, no bright flash in eyes, no smell of burning skin, some swelling, didnt even have to wear goggles though I would have felt safer with them, its a very tolerable procedure except for the inconvenience of having a blue dyed face which leaves you looking like a smurf for a day or two.
IPB Image

heya meetpete,

7 passes at 30 mj? wow! no blisters?? did the doctor go over the aquamid site? hope things work out! good luck and god bless.

Hi, all

Just got my very first fraxel treatment last Thu. and my doc was only willing to start with 15 mj. cry.gif , but open to gradually increase it. The downtime was about 1 day and a half, so I went out of the house on Sat. afternoon just with some sunblock protection. I've seen some improvement on the overall skin texture and very minor improvement on some scars. I'm kinda happy with the result and hopefully I could get more promising result over the remaining 4 treatments with higher intensity.

JL

#257 Keithr23

Keithr23

georgio6

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE(JennyL @ Nov 7 2005, 04:24 PM) View Post

QUOTE(dino @ Nov 7 2005, 05:33 AM) View Post

IPB Image

heya meetpete,

Hi, all

Just got my very first fraxel treatment last Thu. and my doc was only willing to start with 15 mj. cry.gif , but open to gradually increase it. The downtime was about 1 day and a half, so I went out of the house on Sat. afternoon just with some sunblock protection. I've seen some improvement on the overall skin texture and very minor improvement on some scars. I'm kinda happy with the result and hopefully to get more promising result over the remaining 4 treatments with higher intensity.

JL

I'm crossing my fingers for you smile.gif

#258 AndrewJ

AndrewJ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

Does Fraxel cause acne breakouts after the procedure or make active acne worse?

Meet Pete:

You may want to do some research about the effects of going so high. 30mJ sounds dangerous to me as I have never heard of a doctor going past 20mJ because of the risk of the laser damaging adjacent tissue in addition to the micro-thermal zones.

My suggestion would be to call one of the well known doctors i.e. Fitzpatrick in CA or Rokshar in NY. You can find their numbers doing a doctor's name search at Fraxel's website. You can call in and ask about what settings they use and how they would feel about going to 30mJ.

#259 pepsis2

pepsis2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(wantscarsaway @ Nov 2 2005, 08:54 PM) View Post

Are you in Canada? Please let me know who this doctor is? i live in Toronto and am thinking about giving Fraxel a try. Thanks.

#260 Keithr23

Keithr23

georgio6

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 November 2005 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE(Meet Pete @ Nov 7 2005, 11:48 PM) View Post

QUOTE(AndrewJ @ Nov 7 2005, 11:46 PM) View Post

Does Fraxel cause acne breakouts after the procedure or make active acne worse?

Meet Pete:

You may want to do some research about the effects of going so high. 30mJ sounds dangerous to me as I have never heard of a doctor going past 20mJ because of the risk of the laser damaging adjacent tissue in addition to the micro-thermal zones.

My suggestion would be to call one of the well known doctors i.e. Fitzpatrick in CA or Rokshar in NY. You can find their numbers doing a doctor's name search at Fraxel's website. You can call in and ask about what settings they use and how they would feel about going to 30mJ.

If 20mj was the optimum setting then they wouldnt have bothered including higher settings on the machine would they. wacko.gif Damage what adjacent tissues? Higher mj is compensated by a lower density. In any case skin regenerates from the pilosebaceous unit ie vertically via structures deep in the dermis as well as horizontally via adjoining adnexual structures. My dermaroller needles have also gone deeper than the 900 microns fraxel at 30 mj goes.

Even the fraxels microscopic wounds produce some swelling so you have to remember not to jump for joy when your scars seem to be gone soon after surgery.
IPB Image

Christ Pete your skin does not look bad at all. I would have figured since u are on a lot that u would ahve real bad skin. I guess u have ahd lots of shit done to improve the skin though