Photo

fraxel laser

laser fraxel

This topic is in the process of being archived.
5599 replies to this topic

#1 trident

trident

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2005 - 05:04 PM

was thinking about having the fraxel laser done, but wanted to know if anyone who has done it before thinks it is worth the money?

#2 arya

arya

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2005 - 07:14 PM

yeah, i was curious about this too....anyone?? i've done smoothbeam, but now wanted to try fraxel. i'm just fed up with my skin. i mean, honestly. eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif

#3 citygirl

citygirl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:45 PM

Arya... I know exactly how you feel! evil.gif

Anyways, I would like to hear about this too. I am very hesitant about lasers, but not completely opposed to them. Can someone recommend a doctor in L.A. that does Fraxel laser for scars?

#4 Floridaguy

Floridaguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:47 AM

I have gotten good but not spectacular results from my 5 Fraxels. Total cost about 3k (I got a speical deal) For ME it was worth it. I would rate my acne scar improvements to be over 30% and I think 50% is possible if you have the time and money to do about 8 of these treatments (I had moderate scars and a few severe acne scars) I do not think Fraxel is worth 1K per Treatment but if you can get it done for under $700 then you should not be dissapointed. I get mine at $500 (full face) because My picture is on my docs web site. Fraxel is very much worth $500 per treatment so I am lucky there. I will be having more done next year and will have a little filler touch up end of this year.
PS I have had Great improvement to my skin tone TOO which is an added bonus

QUOTE(citygirl @ Sep 20 2005, 02:45 AM)
Arya... I know exactly how you feel!  evil.gif

Anyways, I would like to hear about this too. I am very hesitant about lasers, but not completely opposed to them. Can someone recommend a doctor in L.A. that does Fraxel laser for scars?

View Post

#5 whyme?

whyme?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:45 PM

FloridaGuy, i will be having fraxels done to for 500 a treatment...i think most places are probably starting to come down with the price, which is good...not many people can afford 1K treatments...Do you think fraxel with help with the blackheads i get on my nose?

#6 trident

trident

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:27 PM

floridaguy, how is your skin texture like now after having done the treatments compared to before? what kind of scars did you suffer from before?

#7 whyme?

whyme?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:54 PM

Here is a TV video about fraxel for acne scars with Dr. Rapport

http://www.totalderm...s/acnescar.html

#8 trident

trident

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:41 PM

bump

#9 Floridaguy

Floridaguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2005 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(trident @ Sep 21 2005, 12:27 AM)
floridaguy, how is your skin texture like now after having done the treatments compared to before? what kind of scars did you suffer from before?

View Post

I had a very uneven red blocthcy skin tone and for the past few years was even starting to get the nasty acne rosecia. The Rosecia has stoped dead in its tracks i have fewer breakouts and my skin tone is much more even and healthy looking
Dont know about blackheads. Even my pore size seems to have improved
You will see improvements to skin tone after your third treatment but it will realy take more then 4 before you notice a significant improvement to the acne scars

#10 SodaPoP

SodaPoP

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:04 PM

Whyme? thats a good web site.

#11 trident

trident

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2005 - 03:56 PM

any more success stories?

#12 lightgirl

lightgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE(trident @ Sep 24 2005, 03:56 PM)
any more success stories?

View Post

I would say that Fraxel has helped my scars more than any other procedure that I have received over the last 10 or so years. I looked at the scars today and Fraxel is really plumping them up! I can still see the scars and there is still room for improvement, but I am wearing less make-up to cover the scars and feeling more confident. I am supportive of Fraxel and have had no negative consequences so far like I had with other scar treatments. I will have my 5th treatment on October 6th and then one more. I am only having spot treatments done so I pay 150.00 per treatment.

Good luck!

#13 whyme?

whyme?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2005 - 03:51 PM

Here is an impressive slide show of over 50 cases of fraxel....give it up for number 38, Floridaguy!!!, nice improvement bud

http://www.fraxel.com/treatment.asp

#14 electroscars

electroscars

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2005 - 04:48 PM

Hi all! I had one Fraxel treatment and then I opted for the PSR3 Plasma Skin Regeneration method. I peel a lot from this and I heal up better than I did with the Fraxel. I think they are both similar in the results, but the PRS3 seems to give faster results in less treatments. I do think the Fraxel is good though. I just like the PSR3 better for me. It is helping smooth out a lot of my shallow scarring. I just had my third treatment on Friday. Every time my skin looks so much better. Hopefully after two more I won't be bothered by my skin anymore! I can only hope :-)

#15 trident

trident

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2005 - 07:42 PM

great website "whyme"
I was wondering for those who've had the fraxel done, how much improvement did you see after after the first treatment, especially for mild to moderate acne scars? I was thinking about having one done every two months.

#16 whyme?

whyme?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:21 PM

Floridaguy...how much improvement do you think i could get in my skin from 10 fraxels? I've got the money to do it, so i want my skin to look really nice...I'm planning on having the first 3 treatments once a week to get the ball rolling, and then have one treatment every two or three weeks after that...do you think that would lead to some "mad" improvement in skin tone/acne scars?

#17 lightgirl

lightgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 25 September 2005 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(whyme? @ Sep 25 2005, 08:21 PM)
Floridaguy...how much improvement do you think i could get in my skin from 10 fraxels? I've got the money to do it, so i want my skin to look really nice...I'm planning on having the first 3 treatments once a week to get the ball rolling, and then have one treatment every two or three weeks after that...do you think that would lead to some "mad" improvement in skin tone/acne scars?

View Post

FloridaGuy,

WOW is all I can say after looking at the website and your photo!! I think you underestimate the effect on your scarring bec it looks great in the photo!! I am excited to post my results for everyone after 6 treatments.

#18 LawBoy

LawBoy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE(electroscars @ Sep 25 2005, 05:48 PM)
Hi all!  I had one Fraxel treatment and then I opted for the PSR3 Plasma Skin Regeneration method.  I peel a lot from this and I heal up better than I did with the Fraxel.  I think they are both similar in the results, but the PRS3 seems to give faster results in less treatments.  I do think the Fraxel is good though.  I just like the PSR3 better for me.  It is helping smooth out a lot of my shallow scarring. I just had my third treatment on Friday.  Every time my skin looks so much better.  Hopefully after two more I won't be bothered by my skin anymore!  I can only hope :-)

View Post

I had no improvement after 1 and maybe very slight improvement after 2.

Ryan

#19 Floridaguy

Floridaguy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(whyme? @ Sep 25 2005, 09:51 PM)
Here is an impressive slide show of over 50 cases of fraxel....give it up for number 38, Floridaguy!!!, nice improvement bud

http://www.fraxel.com/treatment.asp

View Post

As I have been saying for almost a year now on this site the Fraxel DOES do some improvements where as other treatments are a waste of time and money.
THe before photo is after 4 treatments my first was october of 2003 and the 4th was in january so this is after 3 months of treatments and slow but steady improvements I actualy got a better improvement after number 5 a month ago which was more aggresive. I think even severe stuborn scars can slowly soften up if you have the time money and patients to do 6-8 of these at high levels.
There we some remarkable acne scar improvemetns on that list of photos that looked even better then people who spent big bucks on temp fillers

#20 zxc

zxc

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:06 AM

If those people with very deep scars just kept on getting these treatments would the scars not disappear completely eventually?