boxcar icepick

974 replies to this topic

#881 SexyKnickers

SexyKnickers

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

Here's something that I've learned after a LOT of effort. If you order a filler with an anesthetic in it such as lidocaine, you're going to have a heck of a time getting it to the states without a prescription--even if the supplier normally ships fillers. The anesthetic muddies the waters and can cause them major problems. Anesthetics are clearly not otc products, and unlike a lot of fillers, there's no "maybe they are, maybe they aren't; we got mixed up and thought it was being shipped to the UK," etc." excuse that the pharmacy can use if a situation arises. Just food for thought. And thank you, Love, for your help. Once again, I want you to know how grateful I am.

#882 jen9952

jen9952

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (SexyKnickers @ Feb 11 2011, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (L0VE @ Feb 9 2011, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for posting the information regarding NorthWestPharmacy.com - you've definitely not broken any cardinal rule.

I PM'd you.

QUOTE (SexyKnickers @ Feb 9 2011, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Love. You've been very kind in responding to me, and I'm even more grateful now that I see you have a PM problem. I've been ordering Juvederm from a certain Canadian pharmacy for years, but when the verbiage on their site changed and claimed that a valid prescription was necessary, I started paying a plastic surgeon to do my injectables. And that right there has just about crippled me financially; plus, I do a better job myself! Then after reading about a few posters' success with ordering, I went ahead and placed my order through NorthWest Pharmacy, my old pharmacy. However, about a week later, I got a telephone call asking me to foward a prescription, which of course I didn't have. I asked the representative if it were possible for a Canadian physician to review my request and provide a prescription for an additional cost, and she, quite coldly, I might add, said "No." I'm not someone looking to expose any pharmacy or any person, I promise. I'm just a do-it-your-selfer looking to save some money. So that being, if anyone is in a particularly generous mood, I would sure appreciate the name of a reliable pharmacy. And in exchange, I can tell you that NorthWest Pharmacy is out. Now if by posting this here I've broken some cardinal rule, please remove it and accept my apologies. No harm was intended. Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

You're absolutely welcome. Prescription RX World is out too. I sent you an email, Love. Thanks again for your help.

LOVE Hi I am new to the site and i am interested in self injection, can someone tell me where to buy the injections online?
Thanks

#883 sanjoseskin

sanjoseskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:30 AM

Just wondering, where are you guys buying your fillers from?

All the fillers being sold online at online pharmacies including Canadian ones have been proven multiple times to be fake and potentially dangerous.

Chances are if you ordered filler from an online pharmacy then you injected yourself with some unknown substance, including 1 investigation which found cement particles in fake restyalne and juvederm.

Just a warning, this is something you should probably pay to have done by a reputable doctor.

Edited by sanjoseskin, 14 March 2011 - 02:31 AM.

#884 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (sanjoseskin @ Mar 14 2011, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All the fillers being sold online at online pharmacies including Canadian ones have been proven multiple times to be fake and potentially dangerous.

Chances are if you ordered filler from an online pharmacy then you injected yourself with some unknown substance, including 1 investigation which found cement particles in fake restyalne and juvederm.

Just a warning, this is something you should probably pay to have done by a reputable doctor.

You - are wrong. There are legitimate online Canadian pharmacies. To say that All fillers being sold at Canadian pharmacies have been proven to be Fake, is ridiculous.

There are government approved pharmacies which are CIPA certified by the Canadian International Pharmacy Association: http://www.cipa.com/

I wonder what a CIPA pharmacy would say to your unproven accusation that they're peddling Fake products?

If you're concerned, that's one thing, and appreciated. But, please don't mistate the truth that *ALL* Canadian pharmacies are *Fake* - and then say that it's *Proven* - that is not true.

In fact, if you've taken time to review this thread, we've posted multiple times about making sure the pharmacy is CIPA certified. It's even listed on the very first post of this thread.

No one, not a single person, on this thread has reported that they've ordered from a non-legitimate pharmacy. This thread is about the legal purchase of legitimate resources through certified pharmacies.

Edited by L0VE, 14 March 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#885 jen9952

jen9952

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (L0VE @ Mar 14 2011, 05:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (sanjoseskin @ Mar 14 2011, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You - are wrong. There are legitimate online Canadian pharmacies. To say that All fillers being sold at Canadian pharmacies have been proven to be Fake, is ridiculous.

There are government approved pharmacies which are CIPA certified by the Canadian International Pharmacy Association:

I wonder what a CIPA pharmacy would say to your unproven accusation that they're peddling Fake products?

If you're concerned, that's one thing, and appreciated. But, please don't mistate the truth that *ALL* Canadian pharmacies are *Fake* - and then say that it's *Proven* - that is not true.

In fact, if you've taken time to review this thread, we've posted multiple times about making sure the pharmacy is CIPA certified. It's even listed on the very first post of this thread.

No one, not a single person, on this thread has reported that they've ordered from a non-legitimate pharmacy. This thread is about the legal purchase of legitimate resources through certified pharmacies.

Hi I am hoping that someone can help me I am trying to order filler online but they all seem to want an rx . I have found one out of Sweden...would that be good????

#886 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (jen9952 @ Mar 14 2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi I am hoping that someone can help me I am trying to order filler online but they all seem to want an rx . I have found one out of Sweden...would that be good????

PM me and I'll check into them.

#887 sanjoseskin

sanjoseskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (L0VE @ Mar 14 2011, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are government approved pharmacies which are CIPA certified by the Canadian International Pharmacy Association: http://www.cipa.com/

Actually I'm not wrong. In fact I'm so confidant in my previous statement that I will say with 100 percent certaintity that every single person on this forum who has ordered dermal filler from the internet to self inject has self injected themself with FAKE product. Even if it does come in a nice box with a halogram, it's still fake.

For those who don't believe me, read about the FDA investigation and their warning on ordering dermal fillers online. Additionally, call the manufacturor yourself and ask them if they supply to the online pharmacy you are considering purchasing from. The answer may shock you.

Edited by sanjoseskin, 18 March 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#888 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:51 PM

Just an update from what others are telling me.

This might be helpful to some of you.

As time passes and our scars develop more fibrous threads beneath the skin - Our scars, in essence, become more "anchored" to the deeper dermis.

The scars are more "tethered" down - and may appear deeper over time.

The long term result is that, when we have our scars filled, we sometimes don't end up with the smoothest result we once did, years (or months) ago.

What follows is something I've shared with many via PM, and also a few times in this thread, but I think it bears repeating.

What my dermatologist does about twice a year prior to a Filler, is a subscision.

This is where the MD uses a needle to break up the fibrous tissues under the skin. In terms of mechanics, he runs the needle back and forth under the skin. *Don't dream of trying to do this yourself. It takes a very particular size needle without a hole in it. The procedure is not expensive.

The result:

After the MD smooths out the scar tissue below the skin, the result is a much, much smoother appearance at the upper dermis, following the Filler.

I think I should also add, when I have subcisions, my doctor does the procedure - and then waits 2 weeks before the Filler. I don't know if 2 weeks is the "standard." But completely healing from it prior to injections is how I've experienced it.

Anyhoo, hope that helps someone / anyone.

#889 Frax1

Frax1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (L0VE @ Mar 18 2011, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As time passes and our scars develop more fibrous threads beneath the skin - Our scars, in essence, become more "anchored" to the deeper dermis.

This is very interesting, Love.

Does this mean that scars look worse after using a filler for many years?

Is is possible to subcise a scar that has been filled without waiting until the filler has gone?

#890 Starlite

Starlite

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (Frax1 @ Mar 20 2011, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is is possible to subcise a scar that has been filled without waiting until the filler has gone?

I would think that fillers would prevent scars from becoming tethered down because they act as a buffer.

How many times have you had subcisions done, LOVE? Have you noticed a gradual improvement in your scars?

#891 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Starlite @ Mar 20 2011, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would think that fillers would prevent scars from becoming tethered down because they act as a buffer.

How many times have you had subcisions done, LOVE? Have you noticed a gradual improvement in your scars?

@Frax1 - Subscision with filler? Yes, because I always have some amount of filler in my skin at all times. I usually have the subcisions when the filler is at its 'lowest' .. but yes, it's there.

Hi Starlite smile.gif

I understand what you mean by the filler seeming to "prevent scars from becoming tethered down because they act as a buffer."

When you scar, especially with rolling and boxcar types (not icepick), fibrous strands form under the scar, and pull down the superficial dermis. And we get that oh-so-lovely 'depression' mark.

We can fill and fill to bring that depression 'level' with the surrounding skin, but it doesn't have much effect on eliminating those fibrous strands that are causing the depression - after a few months of a filler - we end up going back for more injections, like a "temporary fix."

I'm *definitely* not saying my scars have worsened over time. I'm saying that if the scar tissue (the tethers) under the skin aren't treated, the scar tissue anchors and becomes more solid over time.

Imagine you're looking at a scar right now, it's depressed and "bowl shaped" - and not level with the rest of your skin. The reason for that is:

1) loss of collagen.
2) strands of scar tissue are *pulling" your skin down into that 'bowl shape'.

How I came to first have subcision is kind of interesting. I was laying on the exam table, with my dermatologist nearly nose-to-nose with me, as he carefully injected Restylane. And then, I noticed he had this very "determined" look on his face, very "serious" and almost confused.

I said, "What is it?" and he stopped to reply, "I'm hitting scar tissue every time I inject, I can feel the needle resisting and breaking through it."

Well, he finished injecting nonetheless, but then scheduled me for my 1st subcision on my next appt, which was about 3 months later. He used an 18g needle (without a hole) - and 'went to town' breaking up the fibrous bands. He didn't use any filler.

I was sent home and returned 2 weeks later for the filler injection. I didn't notice any difference in the result at that point. But, the doctor said it was much "easier" to inject filler that time and he wasn't getting so much resistance.

Since then, I've had subcisions about twice a year; which only takes about 5 minutes. So, to answer your question, in total, I've had maybe 8.

And, I have noticed a great improvement, but it took time, about a year and a half before I noticed the change in smoothness.

Another indicator that it helped is, I need less filler than I did when I first began. I used to have 1ml injected, and now I can get by with about .5ml.

Hope that helps.

Edited by L0VE, 20 March 2011 - 11:51 AM.

#892 Starlite

Starlite

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (L0VE @ Mar 20 2011, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Starlite @ Mar 20 2011, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

@Frax1 - Subscision with filler? Yes, because I always have some amount of filler in my skin at all times. I usually have the subcisions when the filler is at its 'lowest' .. but yes, it's there.

Hi Starlite smile.gif

I understand what you mean by the filler seeming to "prevent scars from becoming tethered down because they act as a buffer."

When you scar, especially with rolling and boxcar types (not icepick), fibrous strands form under the scar, and pull down the superficial dermis. And we get that oh-so-lovely 'depression' mark.

We can fill and fill to bring that depression 'level' with the surrounding skin, but it doesn't have much effect on eliminating those fibrous strands that are causing the depression - after a few months of a filler - we end up going back for more injections, like a "temporary fix."

I'm *definitely* not saying my scars have worsened over time. I'm saying that if the scar tissue (the tethers) under the skin aren't treated, the scar tissue anchors and becomes more solid over time.

Imagine you're looking at a scar right now, it's depressed and "bowl shaped" - and not level with the rest of your skin. The reason for that is:

1) loss of collagen.
2) strands of scar tissue are *pulling" your skin down into that 'bowl shape'.

How I came to first have subcision is kind of interesting. I was laying on the exam table, with my dermatologist nearly nose-to-nose with me, as he carefully injected Restylane. And then, I noticed he had this very "determined" look on his face, very "serious" and almost confused.

I said, "What is it?" and he stopped to reply, "I'm hitting scar tissue every time I inject, I can feel the needle resisting and breaking through it."

Well, he finished injecting nonetheless, but then scheduled me for my 1st subcision on my next appt, which was about 3 months later. He used an 18g needle (without a hole) - and 'went to town' breaking up the fibrous bands. He didn't use any filler.

I was sent home and returned 2 weeks later for the filler injection. I didn't notice any difference in the result at that point. But, the doctor said it was much "easier" to inject filler that time and he wasn't getting so much resistance.

Since then, I've had subcisions about twice a year; which only takes about 5 minutes. So, to answer your question, in total, I've had maybe 8.

And, I have noticed a great improvement, but it took time, about a year and a half before I noticed the change in smoothness.

Another indicator that it helped is, I need less filler than I did when I first began. I used to have 1ml injected, and now I can get by with about .5ml.

Hope that helps.

Wow, thanks so much, LOVE! That was very informative! I wish your doctor lived in my area. I didn't realize it would take 8 or more treatments of subcision to see results. sad.gif I also have ice pick and boxcar scars, so I have to find a combination of treatments to see improvement.

That is very interesting! Maybe this will be a good option if the subcision-suction doesn't work out.

Thanks again!

#893 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (Starlite @ Mar 21 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, thanks so much, LOVE! That was very informative! I wish your doctor lived in my area. I didn't realize it would take 8 or more treatments of subcision to see results. sad.gif I also have ice pick and boxcar scars, so I have to find a combination of treatments to see improvement.

That is very interesting! Maybe this will be a good option if the subcision-suction doesn't work out.

Thanks again!

You're welcome : )

I just want to clarify, the subcision doesn't involve "suction" - it doesn't remove the scar tissue. It just breaks it up.

Also, since everyone is different, you may not need the same amount of subcisions as myself. My scars might have been worse than yours =/

#894 Frax1

Frax1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

Love, did you see the same level of improvement from every one of your subcisions or did the improvement decline?

#895 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Frax1 @ Mar 24 2011, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love, did you see the same level of improvement from every one of your subcisions or did the improvement decline?

I've seen no decline - meaning the scars don't appear worse with time.

As I stated before, I didn't see much improvement after my very first subcision. It took a few times before I began noticing a definite difference for the better.

As an aside.. and something I've mentioned on this thread before..

I'm planning to have subdermal grafts to permanently fill my scars. I had 1 scar treated this way close to 5 years ago. It doesn't require filler.

Here's a basic rundown of what subdermal (sometimes called dermal) grafts entail:

* subcision 2 weeks prior to the procedure.
* subcision again on the day of the procedure.
* depending on the number of scars - general anesthesia, or twilight.
* solid collagen is harvested from behind the ear.
* it's then 'fashioned' to exactly fit a particular scar, exactly.
* the tissue is then inserted below the scar with a needle.

Here's a video of the basics:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=roKCAKgtEB8

*Warning, some of it is very graphic.

Edited by L0VE, 24 March 2011 - 07:06 PM.

#896 AcnePwns

AcnePwns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:58 PM

Hey Love,
I have two questions

1. I still have a half used syringe of Restylane from 2 years ago. I do not know the expiration. I want to use it next month. If it is expired, would there be any harm in using it?
2. Is Restylane/Perlane still purchasable thru the Canadian pharmacy?

#897 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (AcnePwns @ Apr 29 2011, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Love,
I have two questions

1. I still have a half used syringe of Restylane from 2 years ago. I do not know the expiration. I want to use it next month. If it is expired, would there be any harm in using it?
2. Is Restylane/Perlane still purchasable thru the Canadian pharmacy?

1. The expiration date was printed on the box. And no, I personally wouldn't use it. Anything over 1 year I wouldn't touch.

2. Yes, it is.

#898 Billie Jean

Billie Jean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

You say that a subcision is not an expensive treatment so that makes me curious as to how much you pay for one? Where I live (Scandinavia) it costs about $1200.

#899 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (Billie Jean @ May 1 2011, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You say that a subcision is not an expensive treatment so that makes me curious as to how much you pay for one? Where I live (Scandinavia) it costs about $1200.

Scandinavia has one of the highest costs of living.

In the US, our cost of living is far lower than your country. So, the cost for a subcision treatment varies from about $80 to $200 USD.

I think the cost depends on how large the treatment area is. For example, the areas I've had subcision on are relatively small - and not my entire face.

Edited by L0VE, 01 May 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#900 Billie Jean

Billie Jean

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (L0VE @ May 1 2011, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Billie Jean @ May 1 2011, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Scandinavia has one of the highest costs of living.

In the US, our cost of living is far lower than your country. So, the cost for a subcision treatment varies from about $80 to $200 USD.

I think the cost depends on how large the treatment area is. For example, the areas I've had subcision on are relatively small - and not my entire face.

Thanks. I won't be getting a treatment here then, that's for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users