974 replies to this topic

#41 troubleface

troubleface

Fighting Scar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:06 PM

Thats the same spot I buy it from. They're pretty reliable.

#42 BadBoy20

BadBoy20

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 22 November 2005 - 12:57 PM

Do you ship internationally?

At this time we cannot ship overseas. We currently ship to Japan for non-prescription items only and we are looking into expanding our international shipping option.

too bad.. Anyone know another seller?

#43 BadBoy20

BadBoy20

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2005 - 01:10 PM

ah I found another canadian pharmacy which will ship worldwide, what a relief!

A: A: The only additional charge is a $10.00 US shipping and handling fee for each order sent worldwide. (this is per package, hence you can order multiple items for this one low shipping price - also, you can save more by ordering together for you family members and only having to pay one shipping fee of $10.00 US - please speak to our customer representatives about this when you order.

http://www.canadadru...reInfo2531.aspx

have fun boys and girls smile.gif

#44 ronRonnie

ronRonnie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:03 AM

To those who are injecting Restylane themselves:

My question is, if you have any Restylane left over, do you refridgerate it for later use? I know for a fact that my doctor keeps the left over Perlane (same thing as Restylane) in the office for my later visits, so I know it's possible. Plus, my visits are spaced way apart...like a year. I know that one syringe would be enough to correct all of my scars multiple times. I can't wait to do this cool.gif

#45 kingziggy

kingziggy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:53 PM

bump

#46 sc4r3d

sc4r3d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:52 AM

I would assume you refrigerate.

You can buy 1ml vials of the stuff which I think is better.

If I were you people I would just buy the Sculptra which is ten times easier to inject, inject like saline and will last 2 years or longer.

I bought two vials of it myself from this site:
Sculptra
http://www.getcanadi...?ProductID=2200

Restylane:
http://www.getcanadi...?ProductID=2163

WHat I recommend it get the video tape and also spend the one time visit at yoru DR's office and what how he injects with a mirror. He has to let you watch.

You will feel no pain at all if you can get a hold of 30% topical Lidocain which I prepared myself. I work in a LAB and can order any reagent I want.

With 30% topical for about 30-45 minutes before injection you will not feel a think.

You will bleed a little. From what I can see you shoudl inject at about a 30 degree angle slowly then lift the skin up only slightly and as you inject pull the syringe out. THe needle for Sculptra is even smaller than Restylane so you can stick the needle all the way in without any mistakes as long as you go in at about 30 degrees.

You reconstitute the Sculptra to about 6ml and do .2ml injections. I did 3mll on both sides and right after you get a very nice plump look. Then it goes away because it almost all liquid that gets absorbed. But after a couple of months you start to see you face plump back to how it was when you were freshly injected.

I don't think you can mix Restylane or Perlane and Sculptra.

I highly recommend Sculptra after you have experimented around with Restylane. Restylane will nto last more than several months and you will have to inject again.

I would say two sessions with Sculptra month apart each you are set for 2 years +. Follow up with touch ups.

My Dr only charge me $500 for both cheeks about 2 ml on each side. he said he could not inject any more because of the cost with is normally $1000 per vial.

I have not doen any self injections yet. I am just going to take my time then do it someday. Sculptra in powder form wil last up to 2 years no problem. Once reconstituted it will only last 72 hours and up to possible 1 week. You have to let it sit for 24 hours before using.

GOod luck

#47 troubleface

troubleface

Fighting Scar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:22 PM

Sculptra is definitely worth trying out but its a bit costy 740$. Is there a cheaper site that sells just 1 vial instead of two vials? Getting lidocaine for an injection is a bit extreme. I don't think you even need it. When you talk about reconstitute, you mean mixing up the solution correct, I assume a certain amt of powder and sterilized water? I think you can mix restylane w/ perlane but don't quote me on that, for better results, I remember reading about it. I think the reason why ppl buy restylane is because it comes prepackage and ready to inject, plus its cheaper. I definitely want to try out sculptra though because I heard a lot of good things about it.

#48 sc4r3d

sc4r3d

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:49 PM

Trust me Sculptra is Definitely the way to go. I don't think that Pharmacy sells just 1 vial unfortunately.

When I say Reconstitute I mean adding water or saline to the powder.

Here is my Dilemna. I have heard from Dr Gracia he adds Saline to the Powder. I was almost Positive you are suppose to add Pharmacuetical sterile grade water to the product.

I have to call the company now. If the company sais water I have to post another question to Dr. Gacria as to why he reconstitutes with Saline.

What I meant about mixing was, no one is sure about doing injections with Sculptra then following up at a later time with Restylane or Perlane.

Either you go with Resytlane and Perlane or just Sculptra not both. No one knows yet. No data or any study on it.

I think you can reconstitute it at at a lower volume to so you can useit all up. I have to check but I think you can go as low as 3ml. Data does show its better to have the product more dilute and just do more injects a month apart.

I have had 3 sessions so far, but I want 1 or 2 more. I guess at $500 each session I should just finish off with my Dr and wait for and try to get the nerve to self inject next year.

He never injects more than about 1 to 1.5 CC on each side and I beg him to just go ahead and inject the entire 6ml, but he sais its too expensive.

Well in my opinion is only costing him about $1200 for two vials so in a way he is correct. He is charging me near cost of the reagent. Maybe only making $100 on it. SO I shoudl stop pressuring him.

The first time he did it it was weird. He filled each 1CC syring to .2cc each and injecting me with multiply syringes. Why he did it that way the first time I have no idea. Actually maybe because he knows I am a baby about pain he wanted a fresh needle each time.

When I went in for my second and third sessions he would have the 1CC syringe filled and do .2cc injections 5 in all and then just grab a frsh syringe and needle. so five injections with the same needle is still ok before it gets dull.

I watched him do it the second and third time and even had my friend come in with me to watch the last time. I may want her to help me inject. SHe sais no cause of the bleeding.

It does not look that hard. What I think would be difficult is looking in the mirror and trying to corrdinate your hand movements while looking in the mirror.

Dr Garcia said self injections woudl be difficult becaus of what he said the THird Demention issue. We cannot see the 3 dimentionality while self injecting into the face. Maybe your arm or somewhere where you can see without a mirror.

I watched my DR. with a mirror and I still say I could do it. THere is no guessing with that needle. it goes in all the way at about 30 degree angle. Once all the way in you slight and I mean slightly pull the skin up from underneath then inject and slowly remove the needle.

He had hit blod vessels before. THere is a certain technique called tunneling, where you actually inject then draw the syringe ever so slighly at first before you inject to make sure the syringe does not fill with blood. THat way you know you are not inside a blood vessel.

You don't want to inject into blood vessels that is Obvious.

I watched him carefully and I really di not see him do that technique. I think I knwo why. If you hit a major blood vessel it iwll bleed so you just pull the needle out slighly then move it in another direction then inject.

THere is a video available. There is a live person being injected so you can also see how its done.

I suggest you get your first injection with a DR and watch them. Ask question during you session.

QUOTE(troubleface @ Nov 27 2005, 02:22 PM) View Post

Sculptra is definitely worth trying out but its a bit costy 740$. Is there a cheaper site that sells just 1 vial instead of two vials? Getting lidocaine for an injection is a bit extreme. I don't think you even need it. When you talk about reconstitute, you mean mixing up the solution correct, I assume a certain amt of powder and sterilized water? I think you can mix restylane w/ perlane but don't quote me on that, for better results, I remember reading about it. I think the reason why ppl buy restylane is because it comes prepackage and ready to inject, plus its cheaper. I definitely want to try out sculptra though because I heard a lot of good things about it.

#49 poohman

poohman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:30 PM

Does anybody have any updates on their self-treatment????

#50 Lupe1

Lupe1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:11 AM

Just checking in here ...... my self-injection is working out great. I don't seem to think about my skin much anymore. And the one area I injected seems to be holding up well. Its been 3 weeks or so.

I still have an extra 0.5cc of restylane (and alot of extra needles - which are very hard to find) which I am willing to sell at a discounted price. I don't need it. PM me if interested.

As far as storing your extra restylane, you don't need to refrigerate, just keep it at room temp. They did a study somewhere where the stuff is still good 9-12 months later.

re: sculptra ... I would not recommend injecting a permanent filler yourself. I will pretty much try anything, but I would never do a permanent filler myself.

#51 BadBoy20

BadBoy20

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:21 AM

I would agree, you shouldn't try permanent fillers yourself. You should save up and let professionals do this. If they screw up you can always sue them.. tongue.gif

I think temporary filler is nice so you can see how your skin can be when they are filled with permanent fillers, this is just a cheap solution for a year. If you are happy with it I would get permanent fillers bij a professional. It will cost you maybe a few thousand dollars but then you can live happily ever after, sort of speak. Maybe they need to be replaced after 30 years or something I don't know, but by then the techniques would be tons better so it's good if you can live your live happily with these fillers.

I think I will order some after christmas / new year, so it's a faster delivery.

I think It could be pretty beneficial for me, if I like the improvement which I probably will if I don't inject it all wrong of course I will consider permanent fillers by a professional.

#52 poohman

poohman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:39 PM

I just ordered some restylane from Canada.

I expect to try it on myself early in the new year. If I do a decent job, I expect good results, at least for my rolling scars.

If this works out, I might just look at this as a longer term solution -- at least until something better comes along, or until i have the time and money to go get exoderm and whatever else.

Lets see: if the restylane effects last say 4 months, and its $220 or so per treatment, that would be $660 per year. Thats $55 per month... not too bad considering all the silly bills for at least that much that I already pay each month just to exist on this earth.

I also wonder if a long term benefit of repeated restylane injections would be the stimulation of permanent collagen production, as occurs with subcision?

It would be nice though, to find cheaper restylane somewhere. I saw a post about a Chinese version you can buy for $80 per cc, but you have to buy in bulk. For now anyway, I'll go with Canadian stuff.

#53 Healtysceptic

Healtysceptic

Healthysceptic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(mrstupor @ Dec 6 2005, 08:11 AM) View Post

Just checking in here ...... my self-injection is working out great. I don't seem to think about my skin much anymore. And the one area I injected seems to be holding up well. Its been 3 weeks or so.

I still have an extra 0.5cc of restylane (and alot of extra needles - which are very hard to find) which I am willing to sell at a discounted price. I don't need it. PM me if interested.

As far as storing your extra restylane, you don't need to refrigerate, just keep it at room temp. They did a study somewhere where the stuff is still good 9-12 months later.

re: sculptra ... I would not recommend injecting a permanent filler yourself. I will pretty much try anything, but I would never do a permanent filler myself.

Hi, glad to hear the self-injections are working for you.

Do you still have the extra restylane for sale? and if so, how much are you charging for it?

If you don't have it, can you tell me where ( and how) you bought it? Thanks and continued good luck.
James

#54 NURSIE

NURSIE

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2005 - 01:15 PM

can anyone tell me where I acn purchase botox or restylane for self-injecting. the cheaper the better.
thanks

#55 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(NURSIE @ Dec 16 2005, 01:15 PM) View Post

can anyone tell me where I acn purchase botox or restylane for self-injecting. the cheaper the better.
thanks

http://www.canadapha...&productid=3101

Hi NURSIE, Above is where I bought my Resty. No prescription required, 1ml is $215, +$10 S&H, came with 2 needles and complete instructions. Shipping was quick (3 days), a delivery signature was required, which IMO is good. I don't mean to sound "snarky" but if you scanned thru all the posts, you would have noticed www.canadapharmacy.com and where to order, mentioned many times... eusa_angel.gif I don't think BOTOX is available to order over the net...Although, I wish it was. I had BOTOX in my forehead a few years ago and ALL of my small icepick scars where totally GONE for 3 months...just loved it!

UPDATE: It's been over a month since I first injected the Restylane. I'm happy to report, it's holding up much longer than I expected.. scars still filled at the level I injected....with the exception of 2 scars which I may have injected a bit too superficially and it seaped out. A few days ago I touched up those areas...and I couldn't be happier... biggrin.gif

#56 ilonka

ilonka

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me
  • Interests:right now my only interests are getting rid of my scars and preventing new breakouts (so far im acne free thanx to Accutane!) nd just gotten Rolling Cit done,,

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:54 PM

[hey guys ,I have never heard of these fillers,. I am very interested ,but i just started Accutane. Do u gouys think it would be a bad idea to think about injeting my self while on accutane?

#57 Healtysceptic

Healtysceptic

Healthysceptic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(Bonnie* @ Dec 16 2005, 07:11 PM) View Post

QUOTE(NURSIE @ Dec 16 2005, 01:15 PM) View Post

thanks

http://www.canadapha...&productid=3101

Hi NURSIE, Above is where I bought my Resty. No prescription required, 1ml is $215, +$10 S&H, came with 2 needles and complete instructions. Shipping was quick (3 days), a delivery signature was required, which IMO is good. I don't mean to sound "snarky" but if you scanned thru all the posts, you would have noticed www.canadapharmacy.com and where to order, mentioned many times... eusa_angel.gif I don't think BOTOX is available to order over the net...Although, I wish it was. I had BOTOX in my forehead a few years ago and ALL of my small icepick scars where totally GONE for 3 months...just loved it!

UPDATE: It's been over a month since I first injected the Restylane. I'm happy to report, it's holding up much longer than I expected.. scars still filled at the level I injected....with the exception of 2 scars which I may have injected a bit too superficially and it seaped out. A few days ago I touched up those areas...and I couldn't be happier... biggrin.gif

Are you guys still happy with your results? This seem like the way to go.
JAmes

#58 noone

noone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE(sc4r3d @ Nov 27 2005, 01:49 PM) View Post

THere is a video available. There is a live person being injected so you can also see how its done.

From where to get that video?
A link or a name to search with Google or from P2P networks?

#59 falnhart

falnhart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:19 PM

Noone, long time no talk. How'd your "10th" dermabrasion go? Last you said you were not thrilled because the doc. didn't go deep enough? Are your results from the previous dermabrasions still holding up at 80% or so? Thanks....

QUOTE(noone @ Dec 29 2005, 11:33 AM) View Post

QUOTE(sc4r3d @ Nov 27 2005, 01:49 PM) View Post

From where to get that video?
A link or a name to search with Google or from P2P networks?

#60 noone

noone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2005 - 02:36 PM

Astonx5, yep. The 10th was much about nothing, but the surgeon agreed to do 11th for the same price and we call this 10th one as "a test dermabrasion".

The 11th was on September, was deeper and it really made an improvement. The redness from that has faded also already so it wasn't as deep as my 9th was, but still satisfactory deep enough. (But I won't steal this thread. I try to update my own thread and photos in the next few days.)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users