974 replies to this topic

#21 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:56 PM

Thank you...by all means I do not recommend anyone doing this themselves. I was just fed up waiting months for a PS appt. and $$$ wasted on lousy injections ...let's just say it was my personal choice...and the risk I was willing to take.

Believe me, I was scared and concerned over screwing it up...but the amount I injected was minimal and near to the scars surface...Even if I over-injected, it could be easily squeezed out. My main concern was the needle, it started to bend and get dull quickly...I was worried about the very real possibility of the needle breaking off in my skin...which would be BAD...and need to be surgically removed somehow.... eusa_doh.gif

#22 Lupe1

Lupe1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:48 AM

congrats on the great results. i guess you (nodoubt) never got the bio-alcamid injections?
i have messed with self-injections (needling and saline), i really don't think it is that hard. i would think the biggest problem is when you are injecting and trying to push out the filler, that you don't push the needle in even further. i also personally think we know our scars way better than any doctor, so we should know exactly where to inject.

QUOTE(Bonnie* @ Nov 6 2005, 11:56 PM) View Post

Thank you...by all means I do not recommend anyone doing this themselves. I was just fed up waiting months for a PS appt. and $$$ wasted on lousy injections ...let's just say it was my personal choice...and the risk I was willing to take.

Believe me, I was scared and concerned over screwing it up...but the amount I injected was minimal and near to the scars surface...Even if I over-injected, it could be easily squeezed out. My main concern was the needle, it started to bend and get dull quickly...I was worried about the very real possibility of the needle breaking off in my skin...which would be BAD...and need to be surgically removed somehow.... eusa_doh.gif

#23 kingziggy

kingziggy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:22 PM

bump biggrin.gif

#24 CanIGetOverIt?

CanIGetOverIt?

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:32 PM

My Canadian pharmacy Restylane order arrived Monday and I used it right away. I'm really happy with the results. It was a little tricky at first trying to determine how hard to push out the filler (it's very viscous compared to the types of injections I've done in the past) while keeping the needle still, but I just went really slowly and it got easier. My scars will never completely go away since many of them are ice picks, but the degree to which the Restylane improved the other scars is pretty amazing.
I would be in agreement as far as not actually recommending doing it yourself as there are risks for really messing up your face. But personally, I've been going to dermatologists since I was 13 (I'm 41 now), as well as several so called top plastic surgeons in my city, and none of them ever offered me the sightest bit of hope for my scars. I'm really glad I had the guts to try this. Just wish it was permanent.

#25 zan

zan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 60
About Me

Posted 09 November 2005 - 06:22 PM

Does this stuff fill in the ice picks pretty good?

I'm going to start saving my $ and try it in a hidden spot first.
Can't mess up my face anymore than the scars alreay have.

#26 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(mrstupor @ Nov 7 2005, 07:48 AM) View Post

congrats on the great results. i guess you (nodoubt) never got the bio-alcamid injections?
i have messed with self-injections (needling and saline), i really don't think it is that hard. i would think the biggest problem is when you are injecting and trying to push out the filler, that you don't push the needle in even further. i also personally think we know our scars way better than any doctor, so we should know exactly where to inject.

Thank you..Noooo I never got to Tijuana. Everytime I planned to go something came up eusa_wall.gif I didn't like sitting still and wanted my scars gone as of yesterday... So I decided to get several excisions first and then try out Restylane as a preview for permanent BioAlcamid... ..if I EVER get there.. sad.gif I will never have perfectly smooth skin again..for now, I am satisfied with the Resty and probably have enough remaining to last till next year, so far..it's all good...biggrin.gif

zan- I'm sorry ..Restylane will not work for icepicks. Icepicks are too small and deep. If you did try to inject an icepick, you would get a donut effect around the icepick making it look worse.

Save your $$$ for either punch excisions, punch grafts or perhaps try TCA cross... eusa_angel.gif

#27 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(CanIGetOverIt? @ Nov 9 2005, 03:32 PM) View Post

I've been going to dermatologists since I was 13 (I'm 41 now), as well as several so called top plastic surgeons in my city, and none of them ever offered me the sightest bit of hope for my scars. I'm really glad I had the guts to try this. Just wish it was permanent.

I know how you feel... 3 weeks ago, a PS here in Chicago.. with folded arms, stood against his office wall, laughed in a condescending manner and told me to learn to live with my scars because my skin was hopeless and no pS would be able to help me!!! He said Restylane would do nothing for my scars and to give up!!! ..I am serious.
I am really glad I finally got the guts to try this too...It feels Great!!! ..and I'm happy for your success as well!!! biggrin.gif My only regret is, I didn't order it sooner...I would love to show that PS how it worked .. but I never want to see that A-hole again. evil.gif Besides he will probably tell me I still look like crap... neutral.gif Sorry..will stop complaining now... razz.gif

#28 kingziggy

kingziggy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:41 PM

bump

#29 Lupe1

Lupe1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:26 PM

I received my Restylane 0.5cc today and injected one area (thats all i needed). At first I was very tentative, but I finally realized I had to press hard to get it out, and I put in about 0.1cc into the pitted scar. It was fairly easy. And it looks great.

I would like to use the remaining 0.4cc ... how do we buy those screw-on needles? I saved the top of it that you peel off. It says 30G 1/2 (0.3 x 13mm) made by Hypoint.

Also - I accidently ordered 2 packages of 0.5cc. The other one will come this week. Is anyone interested in buying it from me, I can priority-mail it to you. PM me if interested.

#30 ronRonnie

ronRonnie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(Baz @ Nov 6 2005, 03:03 PM) View Post

Sorry fellas, but I think you are all crazy trying out this unattended shit. Save your money, beg, steal or borrow until you can afford to have done whatever it is that needs to be done by an EXPERT; from what I have read here Dr. Yarborough in the US on Dr. Chu in the UK.

Bullsh!it... evil.gif

I thought about doing this very thing...injecting myself, I just never thought I could buy restylane on my own. Believe me, I looked. I'm tired of spending extra money for the nurse to inject me and maybe get it right. I know EXACTLY where my scars are, while anyone that has administered injections to my face before always seems to be slightly off. Damn, I would have done this sooner if I had known it was possible to actually get the filler! eusa_clap.gif

#31 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2005 - 09:33 PM

Bullsh!it... evil.gif

I thought about doing this very thing...injecting myself, I just never thought I could buy restylane on my own. Believe me, I looked. I'm tired of spending extra money for the nurse to inject me and maybe get it right. I know EXACTLY where my scars are, while anyone that has administered injections to my face before always seems to be slightly off. Damn, I would have done this sooner if I had known it was possible to actually get the filler! eusa_clap.gif

you tell em!..I totally agree ... eusa_dance.gif

#32 kingziggy

kingziggy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 November 2005 - 11:20 PM

bonnie i've sent you a couple pm's. don't know if you recvd them or not. let me know maybe something is wrong with my computer or you just decided to ignore them.

on the canadapharmacy website, does anybody know the difference between the regular .5 ml Restlyne for $145 and the Touch .5 ml for $160.

need a little guidance before purchasing.

thank you

#33 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE(maryk @ Nov 17 2005, 11:20 PM) View Post

bonnie i've sent you a couple pm's. don't know if you recvd them or not. let me know maybe something is wrong with my computer or you just decided to ignore them.

on the canadapharmacy website, does anybody know the difference between the regular .5 ml Restlyne for $145 and the Touch .5 ml for $160.

need a little guidance before purchasing.

thank you

Oooops! Sorry MaryK.....there is now, a PM novel waiting for you... wink.gif

http://www.restylane...MasterLips.aspx .. wil explain the different Restylanes.
I was confused as well... Touch is for fine lines and injecting superficially...even though I injected superficially, I ordered the Original Restylane, not the Touch.

.. anyone know if Restylane-Touch would be better for filling scars?

#34 Lupe1

Lupe1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2005 - 01:41 PM

I have a box of 100 needles (30g 1/2") that work on the syringe. There is no way in hell I can use 100 needles, so I am willing to share these with others. It was very tough to find a place that would sell them to me, but I finally found a place. I'm not out to make money, but just to get my money back. I'll sell them in lots of 10 ... $10 for 10, includes shipping, that is a bargain.

Also - I have not received my pkg for my other restylane order (this is why I ordered another package, cuz I am going out of town for a week tomorrow). I know there are a few interested in the 0.5cc restylane. Whoever gets that will get 10 free needles with it!!!!!

Edit: I just got the restylane package today. I'm gonna give first dibs to Mary, then its up for anyone.

PM me if you are interested in either. I will have some internet access on vacation.

#35 kingziggy

kingziggy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:36 PM

mrstupor

actually i'm going to hold off w/ the resty. try and sell it to someone else. i'm sure you won't have any problems. thanks for keeping me in mind though.

#36 supercrunch

supercrunch

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:48 PM

hey bonnie check your pm's

#37 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2005 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(supercrunch @ Nov 19 2005, 01:48 PM) View Post

hey bonnie check your pm's

sorry for the delay...done...you have a PM... wink.gif

#38 BadBoy20

BadBoy20

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:13 PM

Can someone pm me or tell me the web address of the "online canadian pharmacy" . Im interested as well..

#39 ronRonnie

ronRonnie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 November 2005 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(BadBoy20 @ Nov 19 2005, 08:13 PM) View Post

Can someone pm me or tell me the web address of the "online canadian pharmacy" . Im interested as well..

Ditto! PLEASE, someone PM with the canadian pharmacy as well. Thanx a million! wub.gif

#40 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 November 2005 - 04:01 AM

Here it is...Canada pharmacy has the best price I can find on the web..

http://www.canadapha...&productid=3101

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users