L0VE

SELF Injecting Fillers for Rolling and Depressed Scars

979 posts in this topic

congrats on the great results. i guess you (nodoubt) never got the bio-alcamid injections?

i have messed with self-injections (needling and saline), i really don't think it is that hard. i would think the biggest problem is when you are injecting and trying to push out the filler, that you don't push the needle in even further. i also personally think we know our scars way better than any doctor, so we should know exactly where to inject.

Thank you..Noooo I never got to Tijuana. Everytime I planned to go something came up :wall: I didn't like sitting still and wanted my scars gone as of yesterday... So I decided to get several excisions first and then try out Restylane as a preview for permanent BioAlcamid... ..if I EVER get there.. :( I will never have perfectly smooth skin again..for now, I am satisfied with the Resty and probably have enough remaining to last till next year, so far..it's all good...:D

zan- I'm sorry ..Restylane will not work for icepicks. Icepicks are too small and deep. If you did try to inject an icepick, you would get a donut effect around the icepick making it look worse.

Save your $$$ for either punch excisions, punch grafts or perhaps try TCA cross... :angel:

I've been going to dermatologists since I was 13 (I'm 41 now), as well as several so called top plastic surgeons in my city, and none of them ever offered me the sightest bit of hope for my scars. I'm really glad I had the guts to try this. Just wish it was permanent.

I know how you feel... 3 weeks ago, a PS here in Chicago.. with folded arms, stood against his office wall, laughed in a condescending manner and told me to learn to live with my scars because my skin was hopeless and no pS would be able to help me!!! He said Restylane would do nothing for my scars and to give up!!! ..I am serious.

I am really glad I finally got the guts to try this too...It feels Great!!! ..and I'm happy for your success as well!!! :D My only regret is, I didn't order it sooner...I would love to show that PS how it worked .. but I never want to see that A-hole again. :evil: Besides he will probably tell me I still look like crap... :| Sorry..will stop complaining now... :razz:

I received my Restylane 0.5cc today and injected one area (thats all i needed). At first I was very tentative, but I finally realized I had to press hard to get it out, and I put in about 0.1cc into the pitted scar. It was fairly easy. And it looks great.

I would like to use the remaining 0.4cc ... how do we buy those screw-on needles? I saved the top of it that you peel off. It says 30G 1/2 (0.3 x 13mm) made by Hypoint.

Also - I accidently ordered 2 packages of 0.5cc. The other one will come this week. Is anyone interested in buying it from me, I can priority-mail it to you. PM me if interested.

Sorry fellas, but I think you are all crazy trying out this unattended shit. Save your money, beg, steal or borrow until you can afford to have done whatever it is that needs to be done by an EXPERT; from what I have read here Dr. Yarborough in the US on Dr. Chu in the UK.

Bullsh!it... :evil:

I thought about doing this very thing...injecting myself, I just never thought I could buy restylane on my own. Believe me, I looked. I'm tired of spending extra money for the nurse to inject me and maybe get it right. I know EXACTLY where my scars are, while anyone that has administered injections to my face before always seems to be slightly off. Damn, I would have done this sooner if I had known it was possible to actually get the filler! :clap:

Bullsh!it... :evil:

I thought about doing this very thing...injecting myself, I just never thought I could buy restylane on my own. Believe me, I looked. I'm tired of spending extra money for the nurse to inject me and maybe get it right. I know EXACTLY where my scars are, while anyone that has administered injections to my face before always seems to be slightly off. Damn, I would have done this sooner if I had known it was possible to actually get the filler! :clap:

you tell em!..I totally agree ... :dance:

bonnie i've sent you a couple pm's. don't know if you recvd them or not. let me know maybe something is wrong with my computer or you just decided to ignore them.

on the canadapharmacy website, does anybody know the difference between the regular .5 ml Restlyne for $145 and the Touch .5 ml for $160.

need a little guidance before purchasing.

thank you

bonnie i've sent you a couple pm's. don't know if you recvd them or not. let me know maybe something is wrong with my computer or you just decided to ignore them.

on the canadapharmacy website, does anybody know the difference between the regular .5 ml Restlyne for $145 and the Touch .5 ml for $160.

need a little guidance before purchasing.

thank you

Oooops! Sorry MaryK.....there is now, a PM novel waiting for you... ;)

http://www.restylane.com/professional/MasterLips.aspx .. wil explain the different Restylanes.

I was confused as well... Touch is for fine lines and injecting superficially...even though I injected superficially, I ordered the Original Restylane, not the Touch.

.. anyone know if Restylane-Touch would be better for filling scars?

I have a box of 100 needles (30g 1/2") that work on the syringe. There is no way in hell I can use 100 needles, so I am willing to share these with others. It was very tough to find a place that would sell them to me, but I finally found a place. I'm not out to make money, but just to get my money back. I'll sell them in lots of 10 ... $10 for 10, includes shipping, that is a bargain.

Also - I have not received my pkg for my other restylane order (this is why I ordered another package, cuz I am going out of town for a week tomorrow). I know there are a few interested in the 0.5cc restylane. Whoever gets that will get 10 free needles with it!!!!!

Edit: I just got the restylane package today. I'm gonna give first dibs to Mary, then its up for anyone.

PM me if you are interested in either. I will have some internet access on vacation.

mrstupor

actually i'm going to hold off w/ the resty. try and sell it to someone else. i'm sure you won't have any problems. thanks for keeping me in mind though.

Can someone pm me or tell me the web address of the "online canadian pharmacy" . Im interested as well..

Can someone pm me or tell me the web address of the "online canadian pharmacy" . Im interested as well..

Ditto! PLEASE, someone PM with the canadian pharmacy as well. Thanx a million! :wub:

Do you ship internationally?

At this time we cannot ship overseas. We currently ship to Japan for non-prescription items only and we are looking into expanding our international shipping option.

too bad.. Anyone know another seller?

ah I found another canadian pharmacy which will ship worldwide, what a relief!

A: A: The only additional charge is a $10.00 US shipping and handling fee for each order sent worldwide. (this is per package, hence you can order multiple items for this one low shipping price - also, you can save more by ordering together for you family members and only having to pay one shipping fee of $10.00 US - please speak to our customer representatives about this when you order.

http://www.canadadrugsonline.com/DrugMoreInfo2531.aspx

have fun boys and girls :)

To those who are injecting Restylane themselves:

My question is, if you have any Restylane left over, do you refridgerate it for later use? I know for a fact that my doctor keeps the left over Perlane (same thing as Restylane) in the office for my later visits, so I know it's possible. Plus, my visits are spaced way apart...like a year. I know that one syringe would be enough to correct all of my scars multiple times. I can't wait to do this :cool:

I would assume you refrigerate.

You can buy 1ml vials of the stuff which I think is better.

If I were you people I would just buy the Sculptra which is ten times easier to inject, inject like saline and will last 2 years or longer.

I bought two vials of it myself from this site:

Sculptra

http://www.getcanadiandrugs.com/view_produ...?ProductID=2200

Restylane:

http://www.getcanadiandrugs.com/view_produ...?ProductID=2163

WHat I recommend it get the video tape and also spend the one time visit at yoru DR's office and what how he injects with a mirror. He has to let you watch.

You will feel no pain at all if you can get a hold of 30% topical Lidocain which I prepared myself. I work in a LAB and can order any reagent I want.

With 30% topical for about 30-45 minutes before injection you will not feel a think.

You will bleed a little. From what I can see you shoudl inject at about a 30 degree angle slowly then lift the skin up only slightly and as you inject pull the syringe out. THe needle for Sculptra is even smaller than Restylane so you can stick the needle all the way in without any mistakes as long as you go in at about 30 degrees.

You reconstitute the Sculptra to about 6ml and do .2ml injections. I did 3mll on both sides and right after you get a very nice plump look. Then it goes away because it almost all liquid that gets absorbed. But after a couple of months you start to see you face plump back to how it was when you were freshly injected.

I don't think you can mix Restylane or Perlane and Sculptra.

I highly recommend Sculptra after you have experimented around with Restylane. Restylane will nto last more than several months and you will have to inject again.

I would say two sessions with Sculptra month apart each you are set for 2 years +. Follow up with touch ups.

My Dr only charge me $500 for both cheeks about 2 ml on each side. he said he could not inject any more because of the cost with is normally $1000 per vial.

I have not doen any self injections yet. I am just going to take my time then do it someday. Sculptra in powder form wil last up to 2 years no problem. Once reconstituted it will only last 72 hours and up to possible 1 week. You have to let it sit for 24 hours before using.

GOod luck

Sculptra is definitely worth trying out but its a bit costy 740$. Is there a cheaper site that sells just 1 vial instead of two vials? Getting lidocaine for an injection is a bit extreme. I don't think you even need it. When you talk about reconstitute, you mean mixing up the solution correct, I assume a certain amt of powder and sterilized water? I think you can mix restylane w/ perlane but don't quote me on that, for better results, I remember reading about it. I think the reason why ppl buy restylane is because it comes prepackage and ready to inject, plus its cheaper. I definitely want to try out sculptra though because I heard a lot of good things about it.

Trust me Sculptra is Definitely the way to go. I don't think that Pharmacy sells just 1 vial unfortunately.

When I say Reconstitute I mean adding water or saline to the powder.

Here is my Dilemna. I have heard from Dr Gracia he adds Saline to the Powder. I was almost Positive you are suppose to add Pharmacuetical sterile grade water to the product.

I have to call the company now. If the company sais water I have to post another question to Dr. Gacria as to why he reconstitutes with Saline.

What I meant about mixing was, no one is sure about doing injections with Sculptra then following up at a later time with Restylane or Perlane.

Either you go with Resytlane and Perlane or just Sculptra not both. No one knows yet. No data or any study on it.

I think you can reconstitute it at at a lower volume to so you can useit all up. I have to check but I think you can go as low as 3ml. Data does show its better to have the product more dilute and just do more injects a month apart.

I have had 3 sessions so far, but I want 1 or 2 more. I guess at $500 each session I should just finish off with my Dr and wait for and try to get the nerve to self inject next year.

He never injects more than about 1 to 1.5 CC on each side and I beg him to just go ahead and inject the entire 6ml, but he sais its too expensive.

Well in my opinion is only costing him about $1200 for two vials so in a way he is correct. He is charging me near cost of the reagent. Maybe only making $100 on it. SO I shoudl stop pressuring him.

The first time he did it it was weird. He filled each 1CC syring to .2cc each and injecting me with multiply syringes. Why he did it that way the first time I have no idea. Actually maybe because he knows I am a baby about pain he wanted a fresh needle each time.

When I went in for my second and third sessions he would have the 1CC syringe filled and do .2cc injections 5 in all and then just grab a frsh syringe and needle. so five injections with the same needle is still ok before it gets dull.

I watched him do it the second and third time and even had my friend come in with me to watch the last time. I may want her to help me inject. SHe sais no cause of the bleeding.

It does not look that hard. What I think would be difficult is looking in the mirror and trying to corrdinate your hand movements while looking in the mirror.

Dr Garcia said self injections woudl be difficult becaus of what he said the THird Demention issue. We cannot see the 3 dimentionality while self injecting into the face. Maybe your arm or somewhere where you can see without a mirror.

I watched my DR. with a mirror and I still say I could do it. THere is no guessing with that needle. it goes in all the way at about 30 degree angle. Once all the way in you slight and I mean slightly pull the skin up from underneath then inject and slowly remove the needle.

He had hit blod vessels before. THere is a certain technique called tunneling, where you actually inject then draw the syringe ever so slighly at first before you inject to make sure the syringe does not fill with blood. THat way you know you are not inside a blood vessel.

You don't want to inject into blood vessels that is Obvious.

I watched him carefully and I really di not see him do that technique. I think I knwo why. If you hit a major blood vessel it iwll bleed so you just pull the needle out slighly then move it in another direction then inject.

THere is a video available. There is a live person being injected so you can also see how its done.

I suggest you get your first injection with a DR and watch them. Ask question during you session.

Sculptra is definitely worth trying out but its a bit costy 740$. Is there a cheaper site that sells just 1 vial instead of two vials? Getting lidocaine for an injection is a bit extreme. I don't think you even need it. When you talk about reconstitute, you mean mixing up the solution correct, I assume a certain amt of powder and sterilized water? I think you can mix restylane w/ perlane but don't quote me on that, for better results, I remember reading about it. I think the reason why ppl buy restylane is because it comes prepackage and ready to inject, plus its cheaper. I definitely want to try out sculptra though because I heard a lot of good things about it.

Just checking in here ...... my self-injection is working out great. I don't seem to think about my skin much anymore. And the one area I injected seems to be holding up well. Its been 3 weeks or so.

I still have an extra 0.5cc of restylane (and alot of extra needles - which are very hard to find) which I am willing to sell at a discounted price. I don't need it. PM me if interested.

As far as storing your extra restylane, you don't need to refrigerate, just keep it at room temp. They did a study somewhere where the stuff is still good 9-12 months later.

re: sculptra ... I would not recommend injecting a permanent filler yourself. I will pretty much try anything, but I would never do a permanent filler myself.