Photo

Best products to use while on Accutane?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 andrea

andrea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:53 AM

I just wanted to get a general consensus on what kind of moisturizer, face wash and toner people have used while on Accutane? I am starting this Friday, and want to purchase some new, less irritating products before my course. Please let me know!

one more thing: is using an exfoliating face wash once a week (like st. ives) a bad idea while on accutane?

#2 16aznstylez

16aznstylez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:35 AM

hey i've been on cetaphil for about 3 months
i cleanse with cetaphil gentle cleanser in the mornin after shower at nite i have a shower and moisturise with cetaphil moistises its very safe and good for sensitive skin. you MUST get a lip balm or somethin for ur lips like VASELINE or BLISTEX, but yeah thats what i do everyones differents hope it helps.

#3 CHICKLET

CHICKLET

Kellie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2003 - 09:08 AM

face washes = johnsons 5.5 gentle exfoliant wash then palmers cocoa liquid soap with vit e. (gets rid of the dead skin first and then moisturises and helps to get rid of red marks)

moisturizer = neutrogena clear pore multi vit moisturizer (keeps skin soft and is fading the many red marks i have

I dont use a toner

I take vit e capsules 600 iu
use a vit e eye cream

#4 Violeta

Violeta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:21 PM

I think that the most important thing it’s to use a very gentle cleanser , I know for a fact that one of the best is Topis Ultra Gentle, it is made for people that had surgery like laser resurfacing so it is really good.

The problem is that u can only get it online , it is cheap though , 9$ for a bottle. It is wayy better the Cetaphil too.
As a moisturizer, because u are already on Accutane and you face will need moisture but not AHA, BHA , use something light but moisturizing.

#5 thatunoguyo

thatunoguyo

wowowowow

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2003 - 02:15 PM

I started Amnesteem (same as Accutane) 20mg today and my dermotologist said I can keep using Retin-A Micro and BP to my own discretion. which helps keep the initial breakout at a minimum. I should only stop if it starts getting very irritating, but she said I can use it. I've always heard to only use gentle products and don't use Benzoyl Peroxide or Retin-A. I'll try it out and see if my skin gets extra-sensitive. As for a cleanser I am using the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and for moisturizer I am using Eucerin Renewal.

#6 Raf

Raf

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2003 - 05:07 PM

my opinion is that many judgements about the accutane and other meds incompatibility are oversetimated.
thatoneguy, my derm also let me use my zorac along with accutane whenever i feel that i can
i also used a lot of Garner cleanse with salicilic acid zinc; it's meant to exfoliate but it didn't irritate, in fact it shrank my pores even better.
I use enzymatic peeling now and then.
But when using these on accutane- use it wise and carefully!

#7 seiyafan

seiyafan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 05:09 PM

I think that the most important thing it’s to use a very gentle cleanser , I know for a fact that one of the best is Topis Ultra Gentle, it is made for people that had surgery like laser resurfacing so it is really good.

The problem is that u can only get it online , it is cheap though , 9$ for a bottle. It is wayy better the Cetaphil too.  
As a moisturizer, because u are already on Accutane and you face will need moisture but not AHA, BHA , use something light but moisturizing.

Could someone give the link for the "Topis Ultra Gentle"? I did a search on google but didn't find any.

#8 urscrewed

urscrewed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2003 - 10:07 PM

Just use cetaphil daily face wash found at your local wallgreens, cvs, etc...