5 replies to this topic

#1 sally

sally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2003 - 10:33 PM

Hi everyone,

I read a post somehwere that said Vicks vapor rub worked on cysts. So I rubbed some on 2 nights in a row, and today the inflammation and redness went down significantly. I've had this cyst for about 2.5 days only so I'm surprised it subsided so quickly-- usually takes couple of weeks.

I'm not sure if it's just a fluke so maybe more people will like to try to see if it really works!

Put some directly on the cyst, not too large an area which may block pores..

#2 njacobs

njacobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:44 AM

Vaporub ingredients:

Active Ingredients:

4.8% Camphor (cough suppressant, nasal decongestant & topical analgesic)
2.6% Menthol (cough suppressant, nasal decongestant & topical analgesic)
1.2% Eucalyptus oil (cough suppressant & nasal decongestant)

Inactive Ingredients:

Cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, special petrolatum, thymol, and turpentine oil.

I personally wouldn't use it, but to each his/her own...

#3 sally

sally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 June 2003 - 12:55 AM

did a search on several websites on camphor and oil of eucalyptus and also came up with anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and analgesic..

#4 js7478

js7478

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2003 - 02:37 PM

how is the cyst now? i have them as well, and i have one that is starting to come out on my face and i want to catch it before it gets out of control like it has in the past!! if this works please post an update!!! I'd love to know!!

#5 sally

sally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2003 - 12:08 AM

the cyst is not gone, but it is much flatter and softer, it seems to be resolving, redness is minimal.

The thing is I don't know if it's the vicks or not because I'm also on antibiotics. In the past antibiotics have not done anything for my cysts.

The only reason I tried this is because I read an old post, saw a bottle on my table and used it out of desperation.

try it.. it may or may not work. Do post your results!

#6 Jfawkes

Jfawkes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

This really does work! I really did not think that it would since nothing ever seems to do anything for my acne.  I get those huge, painful cysts that are the size of dimes and don't go away for two weeks and then leave a scar for another few weeks.  I started to feel two big cysts forming the other night and it was the day before a big holiday weekend so I panicked.  I ran to Kroger and got some Vick's and put it on them.  I could tell that they had reduced in size after only an hour and when I woke up they were much smaller.  Usually, they get bigger and bigger for a few days then stay huge then take forever to get smaller.  After the second night, I could barely feel them and I think they will probably be gone after tonight.  They never even got to the point where anyone could see them! I can just feel them under my skin.  I am so grateful for this!! Try it!!! It also works for normal pimples too and makes them go away super fast.  My face is the clearest it has been in like 8 months after only 2 days of this.  I just have some red marks that I can cover with concealer and will fade eventually.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users