Free Personalized Advice
 Take the Quiz »
x
Photo

PUNCH EXCISION for ICE PICKS

ice pick

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
427 replies to this topic

#421 ematrix

ematrix

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:28 AM

keep this thread alive, I think this is the only thing for us with acne scars

#422 lady1983

lady1983

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

Hi, Maya/Maria or anyone else that can help..
I had excision done on a pock mark near my eye. Two weeks later I have no redness and a thin line. For me the line is very noticBle and has a large hole in the middle. My ps surgeoan says the hole will heal but how long does it take for this line to fade!? I'm worried because the line is noticable. I'm 5 days out after having stitches removed. How long will ths fade out?
Thanksss

#423 lady1983

lady1983

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:43 AM

Can anyone please help me with this? I am seeing a very noticable incision after 2 weeks... will this clear?

#424 lady1983

lady1983

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

[size=18]I had the Punch Excision today! along with my 3rd N-Lite (at setting 3)

[size=18][b]I had 12 scars excised!!! - 5 on each cheek and 2 on the forehead. There are around another 12/15 that will be excised in 4 weeks (if all goes well with the current excisions). They couldn't all be done at the same time because they are too close together.

Dr Chu felt that the larger icepicks/boxscars had not responded that well to subcision and N-lite and that excision and more N-lite will produce the best results for me.. so I told him to "go for it!" and now my face has 12 black stitches all over!

I was locally numbed with injections (around 12 injections).

He used a 3mm punch too for these (going around 2mm deep), he said double layer stitches were unnecessary, and did one layer stitch, with just one stitch for each scar.

I only got plasters because I asked for them, but he said it was unnecessary to cover them up. So, now that I am home, the plasters are off.

After the punch excisions (by the way, Dr Chu and another derm worked on me at the same time - one on each side of the face) - it took more than 30 minutes for the blood to stop spurting - we all got involved holding large swabs, pressing them down against my face whilst I was lying down.

I bled a lot (I kind of expected it when I was covered with a large plastic sheet :-k ) But once it stopped it bleeding, that was it -no more blood.

Sorry for the gory details, actually, I am very pleased to have had so much done in a day - if this works out - there will be a duplication of the above in 4 weeks and I will only have to worry about a few red marks (which will be easy to get rid of with time and topicals) and some shallow scarring which I can so easlily live with (and get rid of with my normal topicals and microdermabrasion)

I have an appointment with the nurse at my GPs office in 6 days to get the stitches removed.

Tonight, I will wash my face and start applying my ALA/DMAE emu oil cream.

And yes... I have taken plenty of photos. When it's all over, I will post my photo journal... from needling to.... subcision and N-lite.... to excision! Posted Image/ .

By the way, Dr Chu is fantastic - he has excellent people skills, made me feel very comfortable and his team of derms and nurses are great too. Posted Image

Hi, Maya.. did you ever experience a hole in the incision.? looks like a suture mark but im concerned this is permanent

#425 whitneyrn

whitneyrn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:06 PM

Does anyone know of a good doctor who performs punch excision in Texas, preferably the Houston area??

#426 redouanemode

redouanemode

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:18 AM

hello I'mfrench.I want to knowmore about thepunchorscalpelexcision.please

#427 GetRidOfMyScars

GetRidOfMyScars

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:14 PM

Are there before and after pictures of ice-pick scars treated with punch excision?

#428 dextranlady

dextranlady

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

Ok so let's see if I can make the photo attachment work...

The first photo is a before shot taking with my analog camera and the other two after shots taking with my digital. The light is a little bit different but I think you can see the BIG improvement. I still have a small hypopigmentation after the laser I had several years ago (big mistake - no laser can improve an ice-pick scar).
I'm 100% satisfied with my excison!!
[attachmentid=4674]
[attachmentid=4675]
[attachmentid=4676]

Sorry but I almost cannot believe you did an excision for this minimal scar hehe. Well I have some scars like waves, I think it's called rolling I'm not certain.

But I need to know if scars left by excisions oftens become white (in white people)?