Photo

Alpha lipoic acid/home made cream

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
260 replies to this topic

#201 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2003 - 05:49 AM

Just wanted everyone to know that I have kept mine on my face since getting it. It is really extraordinary!

Maya and all others interested.....please, if you can, get Dr. Perricone's book on ACNE and check out what he said with regard to the combination of ALA and DMAE and how it helps scarring! WOW! He really had some amazing clinical studies to cite to show that the combination of ALA and DMAE really does a number on scar formation. It's way too much to type, but it really sounds fantastic! There is definately something to this stuff....oddly, I'm oily this time of the month and the oils in this Pure Deming almost seem to balance out my oiliness. Usually I wake up oily, but that didn't seem to happen to me as I slept in the stuff. biggrin.gif

Maya....I havn't added any additional ALA in mine......I guess I like it so much so far that I havn't thought too much about it... :-k

It probably wouldn't hurt though.......not sure Missus Experimentor biggrin.gif

#202 Johnnery

Johnnery

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2003 - 06:07 AM

Denise, are you using the Intense Gel for Hands and Feet on your face, or the regular Intense Gel w/Vitamin C? I agree with you...this stuff is FAN-tastic and the smell is a killer! HA...even one of my cats likes it. I had some of the residue from the gel on my hands and he spent about 10 minutes licking it! (Don't worry...I washed my hands before I made breakfast!) Uh oh...I hope this stuff can't get him sick! I didn't think of THAT... [-o<

#203 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2003 - 11:39 AM

John....I'm using the regular intense gel for the face. I have some Perricone stuff (the 5% ALA without the DMAE) and I'm using that on my neck and chest.

Yeah.....your cat might ingest something they aren't supposed to! =; 8-[

We are all just a happy bunch with this stuff, aren't we? The thing I like the most about it is the PRICE!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#204 Elle

Elle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 October 2003 - 09:24 PM

Hey girl I didnt know Perricone had an acne book.
Just wanted to say that I used to wake up oily too until I cut down on my dairy products. Do you eat a lot of dairy?

#205 rustymetal

rustymetal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2003 - 12:02 AM

I just mixed some ALA and jojoba oil to prepare for my smoothbeam and it's great! It's true what people say about the ALA brightening your skin and getting rid of the oil. I'm going to order the puredeming intense gel but my smoothbeam is on Monday so I just made a pseudo-cream first. smile.gif

I have a question: has anybody experienced any stinging/burning from ALA? I made mine from powder form mixing it in to the jojoba, so its true that you're skin definitely absorbs it if its homemade, otherwise I wouldn't get the burning sensation! I had to wash it off after 5 minutes so that I wouldn't irritate my skin. I'm wondering if I should mix in the DMAE or just return the package and wait for my intense gel. Hmmm. :-s

#206 rustymetal

rustymetal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2003 - 12:53 AM

Well here's a similar product I found at lifesvirgor.comAge

Advantage Laboratories - Wrinkle Reduction with DMAE, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, and CoQ10 1 oz Cream
Item #559103

Product Description:
Wrinkle Reduction with DMAE, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, and CoQ10 With a balanced pH of 3.5, this formula supplements the skin rebuilding ability. Emu Oil with DMAE, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, CoQ10, Aloe Gel, Collagen, Elastin, Allantoin, USP Grade Vitamins A, B, E, & K, and essential anti-oxidants firm and tighten the skin of the face and neck. Glycolic Acid gently exfoliates the outer skin layer to speed the repair process while CoQ10 helps stimulate new skin cell growth. Collagen and Elastin are absorbed where they're needed, reducing and preventing wrinkles by nourishing the skin's Dermis layer which restores the top layer's youthful elasticity and glow. Zinc Oxide is in the crème for extra protection against harmful rays from the sun. www.lifesvigor.com

Suggested Use:
Apply sparingly to the face and neck, as all therapeutic ingredients are highly concentrated. We recommend for daytime use since it has the equivalency of SPF 15. Using it over our High Potency Vitamin C Ester Serum enhances the tightening effect of Wrinkle Reduction. All of our products are non-comedogenic. It is best for normal to very dry skin. You can expect to see immediate results of moisture and suppleness. The tightening and smoothing effect will increase over time.

Wrinkle Reduction with DMAE, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, and CoQ10 Ingredients:
Aloe Vera Gel, Emu Oil, Collagen, Glycolic Acid, Vitamin E, DMAE, Elastin Monostearate, Allantoin, Polysorbate 60, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Vitamin K1, Lecithin, CoQ10, Squalane, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Zinc Oxide

I'm going to email the maker for exact concentrations of ALA, CoQ10, and DMAE at http://ageadvantagelabs.com/ .

It's an inexpensive product too, at 24.31 for an ounce.

#207 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2003 - 02:49 AM

Maya and all others interested.....please, if you can, get Dr. Perricone's book on ACNE and check out what he said with regard to the combination of ALA and DMAE and how it helps scarring!  

I have the book!! But haven't had much time to read it yet. I bought Dr Murad's book too (stil... unread)

I had a mad drinking binge last night (I only drink once every 6 months or so, but when I do, I drink like a fish!!) - I drank so much wine that I was sick 4 times last night.. still, I'm up this morning and my skin looks good - weird... think I will got put on some of that intense gel and lie down again ..

#208 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2003 - 06:25 AM

Elle: Literally no dairy at all......mostly fruit, protein, veggies, and I juice once a day also...take lots of green superfoods. No wheat, dairy, or sugar, except for maybe once or twice a week......GO FIGURE! #-o

But keep in mind that it's that time of the month, so it gets worse around that time.....but to be honest, the Pure Deming gel just seems to curb the oiliness in a huge way. Man....the anti-inflammatory properties of the DMAE and the ALA, espcially combined together, are so great. I'm surprised the word hasn't gotten out more. I had a cyst that has totally shrunk in less than two days and is nothing now. It started shrinking right when I started applying the Pure Deming. We should let the people on the acne board know about this stuff. Perricone makes some pads with the ALA, DMAE, AHA combination. I was thinking about writing Acne Airacle or Pure Deming to do that too, or make a good toner. That way, you can still get a bit on your face for the day without having to wash it off or worry about it being a bit oily when you first apply it.

Rusty: Please let us know when you find out the amounts they use in their product. Sounds like a good product.

Maya: Bad girl! O:)

#209 Adam

Adam

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2003 - 06:33 AM

I'm sorry I have read this whole post (breifly) but I guess I still missed the link for the Pure Deming Intense Gel...Can someone post it. This stuff sounds real promising and I would love to get on the band-wagon, so to speak. I am currently using Revia Labs ALA/DMAE/ESTER-C, but I don't know the concentration of this stuff, nor do I really feel any dramatic tighten of the skin, which sucks. It was cheap though. biggrin.gif/

#210 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 October 2003 - 10:10 AM

Adam http://www.puredeming.com/products/

#211 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 18 October 2003 - 10:20 AM

Here are the links:

Pure Deming E-Bay Store:

http://www.stores.eb...6&ssPageName=L2

Pure Deming Website:

http://puredeming.com/

Keep in mind that the E-Bay store has the most up-to date product listing, as PureDeming is a small Native-owned company and it costs too much to update their website often (which is good for us because it keeps the product prices low!!)

I am really impressed with this company and their quest to provide quality, effective products at a great price. And their shipping is reasonably priced and fast.

#212 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 18 October 2003 - 10:24 AM

OK Ladies....got the Pure Deming stuff today and I just put it on a few minutes ago...weeeeeelllll....Tracey was right!  This stuff SMELLS heavenly......I love the way it smells...very fresh and natural.  One thing you guys didn't warn me about though is that the stuff literally looks like mud :-s ....thin.....watery.....greyish.....MUD!  :D (good smellin' mud, though).

I'm so glad you like this stuff as much as I do.....I've been using it almost daily and I just love it!!

Denise, do you feel it was more effective when wearing it overnight?? I haven't tried that yet....I think the longest I've kept it on was 3 hours or so.

#213 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 18 October 2003 - 10:28 AM

I had a mad drinking binge last night (I only drink once every 6 months or so, but when I do, I drink like a fish!!) - I drank so much wine that I was sick 4 times last night.. still, I'm up this morning and my skin looks good - weird... think I will got put on some of that intense gel and lie down again ..

Aww.......{{{hugs 4 Maya}}} my poor sista friend!! I HATE when I do that!! Well.....it's fun at the time....but the aftermath is what kills ya!!

You've got the right idea, tho.....go put some Intense Gel on your face and lie back down.....I hope you feel better soon, hun!!

#214 rustymetal

rustymetal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2003 - 04:40 PM

Hey all,
I just got my first laser treatment (smoothbeam) and was wondering if it wuold be good or bad to continue with the alpha-lipoic acid/DMAE combo between treatments (1 month)?

I really want to stimulate collagen and destroy scar tissue, but would I be doing too much too soon? Also, should I just stop with my lactic peels altogether?

#215 rustymetal

rustymetal

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 October 2003 - 04:40 PM

Hey all,
I just got my first laser treatment (smoothbeam) and was wondering if it wuold be good or bad to continue with the alpha-lipoic acid/DMAE combo between treatments (1 month)?

I really want to stimulate collagen and destroy scar tissue, but would I be doing too much too soon? Also, should I just stop with my lactic peels altogether?

#216 will205

will205

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2003 - 06:37 AM

I'm finding the Intense gel is fading red marks quicker than the mandelic acid serum. I was thinking of using mandelic 10% over it though for a quicker result.

What i currently do is apply the Intense gel in the morning then leave on for 45-60 mins then wash off, then just leave until next day.

Is anyone, I think you are Tracy, using the mandelic 10% after it. Will it dry the skin out too much and hinder the fading of the red mark or will it speed it up.

What do you do Maya and Denise?

#217 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2003 - 06:47 AM

Will; I don't use Mandelic acid, but Retin A. I havn't had any problems, but find that the Retin A and PD gel work really well together.

The PD gel is such a great product! smile.gif

Will; I made a post asking you about your healing and scabbing you probably didn't see...it flipped to page 2. So what's the latest?

#218 Maya

Maya

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2003 - 07:26 AM

will - my daily procedure seems to vary. Most days I will apply the PD gel on my face, do my morning exercises and then wash it off in the shower - I then apply the mandelic (or vinegar - or both!) and then I apply moisteriser (I've got so many types!)

Once I apply the mandelic, skin feels really smooth, not dry.

#219 Guest_Tracy_*

Guest_Tracy_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 22 October 2003 - 10:14 AM

Is anyone, I think you are Tracy, using the mandelic 10% after it. Will it dry the skin out too much and hinder the fading of the red mark or will it speed it up.

Hi Will, I don't believe the mandelic will hinder the fading of red marks. I believe it helps to speed things along. I always use the mandelic acid in the morning under my sunscreen and my makeup. It helps keep my skin matte all day. I've been using the Intense Gel every evening. I just rinse off after about 45-60 mins and every other night I apply nothing after the Intense Gel. On alternate nights I follow the Intense Gel with a light layer of mandelic acid.

Since I'm doing a Lactic peel every week, I don't want to over-exfoliate my skin. And since I use the mandelic every morning, I don't think I need to use it also every night. I consider the evenings that I only apply and rinse the Intense Gel as "rejuvenating" nights.....where I let my skin breath and rejuvenate itself.

Hope this helps. Perhaps if you're getting such great results with only the Intense Gel you should use the mandelic every second or third night and see how that goes. Good luck to you.

#220 GoldRex

GoldRex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 October 2003 - 08:20 PM

I'm interested in using all these things (PD, Tretinoin, SuperCP, ALA/DMAE oils). I plan on using my tretinoin gel .25% each night... I also want to continue using my superCP.

How would I incorporate PD into my regimen? I would use it in the morning? I'm thinking about buying the formulation w/out Vitamin C.

My current regimen:

Morning:
Wash with Cetaphil, or pHisoderm.
Apply Super CP.
Wait to dry, generally 3-5 minutes.
(optional)Apply RoC Age Diminishing Moisturizer with spf 15.
Apply PTM (peter thomas roth) ultra-light oil-free spf 30.

Night:
Wash with Burt's Bee's Orange Oil Cleanser.
Apply tretinoin gel.
Wait 10 minutes.
Apply Super CP Serum.
Wait 10 minutes.
Apply emu oil.

So. How would I add PD? In the morning, before I cleanse? Or after I cleanse, but before CP?

Though I'd love to, I'm currently at a loss as to how to incorporate an ALA/DMAE oil. (I tried it earlier tonight, creating a formulation with ALA and emu oil, but it burned so intensely that I had to rinse it off with cold water within seconds.) Are you guys still using your ALA oils/creams along with the PD? I think Denise2 is, but have you stopped, Maya? Has your "glow" diminished or increased?

I anticipate great help. You guys are a resource. Thanks!
smile.gif