Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am cured. It was the diet after all.

65 posts in this topic

well no shit sherlock, i was just making a point. there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate.

if you want to play with technicalities, i can run through your entire uneducated post and pick out many things you've stated about food and point out the false information, but only false based on technicality.

don't be stupid.

so let me ask you people on this diet.. are you enjoying your diverse diet of nuts, lettuce and olive oil? i'll be damned if i have to eat that for the rest of my life.

oh, and i give you three factors that are probably key to the "islanders" good skin mentioned in this paper. one is that these people probably spend a minimum of 6-8 hours a day in the sun. try that and watch how much your skin clears up. if you get copious amounts of daily sun your skin will be dramatically clearer. second, their diets consist of mostly fish and plant products. fish provide important omega-3 fatty acids, as well as tons of vitamin A. vitamin A is known for its positive effects on skin (what do you think accutane is modeled after? .. and why does it work so well?) third, these guys drink water. they're not guzzling down 12 packs of mickey dew and dr. pepper every day.

in my opinion, it is not the elimination of foods, it is the ADDITION of foods that is far more important. how many people have a diet rich in fish, fresh fruits and vegetables? hardly any. their idea of fresh food is subway. try scrapping your diet of double quarter pounders and biggie fries and try some salmon, fruits and vegetables and see how you do.

oh, and do you not think these island arseholes don't eat bread? c'mon.

i don't do these acne diet things at all, i'm just chipping in

my diet consists of lean meats, supplemented essential fatty acids as well as other good fats (think flax oil, fish oil, nuts, natural peanut butter, olive oil), vegtables, a slight amount of fruit (due to the fact that copius amounts of fruit have absolutely 0 benefits, and can actually have adverse effects), and my only carb source is whole, unprocessed oatmeal

why? because i eat for fuel not taste. as cliche as that sounds, thats how it is for me. and because i'm not a typical american - i train, and i'm a marine. i can't do what other people do and stuff myself full of refined, or even low gi carbs. it just doesn't work for someone who's goals are to have an efficient body.

in my opinion, if doing something as simple as cutting bread out from your diet is so unbelievably hard then you are a very weak person. i'll never understand it, but whatever.

i am not a supporter of acne diets because in reality they leave you lacking a lot of nutrients. it's stupid. eat clean, it isn't hard.

I pretty much eat the same as blahblah and I don't see why it's really hard. It's just a whole food diet. I do it for health reasons, but if acne goes away forever in the process. hell yeah!

oh, and i give you three factors that are probably key to the "islanders" good skin mentioned in this paper. one is that these people probably spend a minimum of 6-8 hours a day in the sun. try that and watch how much your skin clears up. if you get copious amounts of daily sun your skin will be dramatically clearer. second, their diets consist of mostly fish and plant products. fish provide important omega-3 fatty acids, as well as tons of vitamin A. vitamin A is known for its positive effects on skin (what do you think accutane is modeled after? .. and why does it work so well?) third, these guys drink water. they're not guzzling down 12 packs of mickey dew and dr. pepper every day.

...and the study does not take into account these people's genetic predisposition to even get acne. Perhaps they are not predisposed to getting acne at all.

I think it's funny that people who have never even tried it are so dead-set against it.

Try it. It works. Just eliminate the refined carbs. You don't have to eat only nuts, lettuce, and olive oil. You just have to stop eating the pretzels and candy bars.

I couldn't care less if you *don't* want to try it. If your skin is fine without it - GREAT! If you're suffering from acne, though, I honestly don't see what you have to lose by going a few weeks without a sandwich.

..and the study does not take into account these people's genetic predisposition to even get acne. Perhaps they are not predisposed to getting acne at all.

>_

The diet I do is SCD (www.scdiet.org). I do it to help with my IBS, rather than to improve acne, that was just going to be a good side effect. I am always trying our new topical treatments for acne / acne scarring, especially since finding this forum. It's so hard to tell, if your doing a million things and half of them are new, what is causing your acne.

The only thing I know definately makes me breakout is peanut butter / peanuts.

I do eat a lot of fruit (to whoever asked) but mostly bananas (overipe ones, with no green on them, as much more of the sugar has been "digested" in the ripening process).

I found other effects like more energy, less body fat, better sleep etc. etc. a lot more helpful than the actual improvements in acne with the diet (there are too many other factors affecting acne and I just get so tired of always wondering why my skin is worse one day than the next, its probably stressing about it that bloody causes it all anyways, hehe).

The only reason I can stick to the diet (fruit, vegetables - not potatoes -, honey, olive oil, eggs, SCD yogurt - homemade yogurt to ensure lactose is not present -) is because

a) it's for "medical reasons" which just somehow makes it easier to stick to.

B) I'm really skinny now and I fit into my favourite pair of trousers that I bought when I was 16, haha.

note I used to literally ONLY eat pasta, noodles, pop corn and bread before going on this diet, so this was a COMPLETE turn around for me, and it hasn't been easy.. watching people stuffing there faces with pasta and sanwiches and ice cream and chocolates :D

Diet does play a large part if not most. It is always better to have less Acne, agree? If it reduces acne after a few months..........you may eventually have less and less for years to come if you continue with good diet.

Diet does play a large part if not most. It is always better to have less Acne, agree? If it reduces acne after a few months..........you may eventually have less and less for years to come if you continue with good diet.

i eat no refined carbs and get plenty of omega 3s, etc etc. my diet is on point. i still get acne. its different for everyone. i have no real triggers... its just always there. not severe, but i scar badly.

feiph-i'm sure you can get your family to switch to brown if you go on about the health benefits

I am Asian too. Lunch and dinner, I eat white rice, my parents eat white rice, my grandparents eat white rice, and their forefathers ate white rice.

So when I bring this up to my mum, she thinks I am mad.

It is going to be expensive and time-consuming to make the change. I still want to though.

Rbtp - I'm very intrigued by this.... Would you mind giving a specific list of what you ate in the way of carbohydrates? Also, how long did it take before you noticed a result? I'd love to try this diet, but am worried about alcohol - I think it would mean giving up beer, wouldn't it?! What do you drink in the way of alcohol?

Thanks

Well, I'd like to know as well, could some people who are, or have been on a diet like this, make a list of what their typical day looked like, eating wise? So what 'd you take for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and maybe in betweed? I mean; I can't imagine replacing a lunch by just eating some nuts right? Or mayby I'm just not creative enough...

Easy.....eat healthy!!! Avoid all the bad stuff. But in any case, if your liver is too congested, then eating healthy may not help as quickly as you may think.

Life is but a breath. Here is my story...

No Stones? and you've never flushed them out? How do you do it? Maybe your "meridians" are just in better alignment. How did you get them aligned?

lol.gif:blink:razz.gif

Locnar

Reviled but not restrained.

Lol....Locnar and BenKweller, you guys remind me of people in the middle ages who kept insisting the Earth was flat, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

The sad thing is you might have cured your acne by now and wouldn't be here anymore if you'd open your minds the tiniest bit rather than regurgitating what you've been told by the medical establishment.

Overwhelming Evidence. Now if you could just produce any evidence whatsoever. That would be nice.

Locnar

Reviled but not restrained.

Overwhelming Evidence. Now if you could just produce any evidence whatsoever. That would be nice.

If there's anything specific you want to know about how acne is related to diet, the liver and general health I'd be happy to explain it to you.

Who wants to be normal? Who wants normal results? We want to be exceptional. Exceptions confirm what is not normal

for the dieters who don't have it completely cured

2 reasons IMO

1) You aren't cutting out a few things that have hidden carbs

like soysauce?

2) Exercise , you need to exercise to clear away the last 10% of acne.

LOL, Cashewboy, you are so correct!

Getting 8 hours of sleep or regular sleep helps along with Exercising. The two things I dont do very well. I strive to get more sleep than I do bother to workout. Hmm, I definately need to come up with a regimen this summer then. Besides, it's just healthier for our bodies overall =)

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.