Photo

Sheer Cover - "different than other foundations"

makeup blush foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 justmarvin

justmarvin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2005 - 08:53 AM

Anyone here about this? I'll just post the FAQ as it would do more justice than me trying to explain it out. Let me know what you guys think. It's kinda cool that it contains no oil, no perfumes, or dyes. So i think it's better for the acne prone.

------

Q: How is Sheer Cover® Mineral Foundation different from other foundations?
A: Sheer Cover® is so light you can't even feel it on your skin. Yet it gives you exceptional coverage and a sheer finish that ordinary makeup cannot always provide. The natural minerals adhere to the skin, so you need very little to cover imperfections. The mineral pigments blend with your own skin to give you a natural, flawless look.
Q: How can Sheer Cover® provide so much coverage without looking thick and cakey?
A: Ordinary foundations may be so thick that they look like a mask, or so thin that you have to apply layer after layer. They coat the skin like a layer of icing, and they can wear off or be absorbed into the skin to fill pores and fine lines. The natural minerals in Sheer Cover® lay on the skin lightly, in an overlapping fashion to provide complete coverage. Mica, one of the minerals in Sheer Cover®, reflects light to give your skin a natural, luminous look. Instead of looking like you're hiding something, Sheer Cover® makes it look like you have nothing to hide.

Q: Do I use less of Sheer Cover® Mineral Foundation than of ordinary foundations?
A: Yes! The natural mineral pigments are highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way.

Q: Can I use Sheer Cover® on other places besides my face?
A: Absolutely. You can wear it on your neck, arms, legs, and anywhere you want to camouflage skin flaws and discolorations.

Q: Can I use Sheer Cover® even if I don't have skin flaws?
A: Of course. You'll love its natural, flawless finish, the healthy glow, the pure ingredients that treat skin gently. Mostly, you'll love the way Sheer Cover® makes you feel ¨ confident, carefree and beautiful!

Q: When I first apply Sheer Cover® Mineral Foundation, it looks dry. Is that normal?
A: Yes, the Mineral Foundation may look dry when first applied. As it mixes with your skin's natural oils, the dryness disappears to leave a luminescent, flawless finish that looks like no makeup at all. You may choose to lightly spritz your face with a fine mist of water or dab the excess powder with a tissue to blend Sheer Cover®.

Q: Will Sheer Cover® wash off in water?
A: You can cover skin imperfections without fear that it will wash away in water or smear with perspiration. As with any foundation, however, avoid excessive touching or rubbing, which can remove your Sheer Cover® finish. To remove your foundation gently and easily, simply wash it away with Sheer Cover® Purifying Cleanser.

Q: How can I set my Sheer Cover® Mineral Foundation?
A: Apply Sheer Cover® Finishing Powder as directed. You can also set your look with a fine mist of water. Either way, your flawless Sheer Cover® finish will last and last!

Q: Can I still use my favorite brands of colors of blush, eye shadows and other makeups?
A: Absolutely! In fact, they will look even better against your flawless Sheer Cover® finish.

Q: What other ingredients are in Sheer Cover® Mineral Foundation?
A: It's what's NOT in Sheer Cover® Mineral Foundation that makes it great for your skin. The exclusive formulation contains no oil, no perfumes, no dyes and no talc. Click here to see a complete ingredient list.

#2 justmarvin

justmarvin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2005 - 08:54 AM

Oh by the way, the url for the sheer cover website is http://www.sheercover.com/

But as with anything, if interested in buying, i'd check ebay first, hehe.

#3 Trouble

Trouble

Nosce te Ipsum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:11 PM

This stuff sounds chalky just by the description in the FAQ.
† God's Favorite †

#4 Guest_virgo_*

Guest_virgo_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2

Posted 27 August 2005 - 02:15 PM

I remember hearing about this... but I don't want to order it.. does it come in stores?

#5 drew

drew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:27 PM

heya! was wonderingg the same qn abt sheer cover! is it any gd? anyone tried it be4? hmm..i saw it on an infocommercial...think it can be bought at selected stores where they ship all the infocommercial products...hmm...

also, anyone has recommendations on light light powder/foundation for guys to cover up acne scars, which are sold in melbourne? thanks for the help in advance y'all! smile.gif

#6 Guest_mishmosh_*

Guest_mishmosh_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:39 AM

what's an infocommercial? is it just a tv advert?

#7 Crabby_Patty

Crabby_Patty

meeoow!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:45 AM

I think Infomercials are adverts .

When I had sky there were always ads for Sheer Cover on the shopping channels. I think it is very pricey to order though.
"You fail me yet again Starscream"- Megatron

#8 aghareeb

aghareeb

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:10 PM

Sheer cover is a mineral make up, one of hundreds out there. Minerals are great for acne, as well as sensitive skin.

But you don't want Sheer cover, or any crap like that. The real good stuff is not mass produced,. and is far better for your skin.

Check out www.aromaleigh.com. Also, PM Veggie Girl: she has her own line, and they're great!
"There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that life is, in fact, serious."

#9 jesusofsuburbia

jesusofsuburbia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2005 - 08:51 PM

I have this stuff, it's alright.

#10 drew

drew

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:28 PM

woots. thanks for all the advance guys..and i did PM veggie girl.. smile.gif gd luck with everything! wink.gif

#11 kah_lua47

kah_lua47

ANTI-murad

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2005 - 03:34 PM

i was wondering the same thing. sheer cover doesn't seem too popular though, so I doubt I'll be getting it. I am pretty interested in veggie girl's make-up though.

#12 tp414

tp414

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE(kah_lua47 @ Sep 21 2005, 02:34 PM)
i was wondering the same thing. sheer cover doesn't seem too popular though, so I doubt I'll be getting it. I am pretty interested in veggie girl's make-up though.

View Post

sheer cover is great makeup, much better than bare minerals. It's matte and covers very well. BM is too shiny and has this shimmery crap in it, which just emphasizes pores.

#13 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:48 AM

isnt it the mica that makes it shiny? I tried Bare Minerals, it had mica..too shiny and made my scars look 10x worse. This Sheer cover has mica too. It sounds like crap.

yep..contact Veggie girl, her MMU is getting rave reviews from people here.. I am fairly sure there is no mica in her MMU.

#14 Guest_Marino_*

Guest_Marino_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 06 November 2005 - 08:49 AM

just saw on infomercial for this right now.
Sounds very "convincing", these people could sell sand to Arabs i tell ya.

#15 Guest_***Mish Mosh***_*

Guest_***Mish Mosh***_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:07 AM

Welcome to the make-up forum Marion!

Got any makeup tips to share?!

#16 Guest_Marino_*

Guest_Marino_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:02 PM

Thank you,
and as a matter of fact i do,
heres a site that magic filler stuff for Australian people

I got a chicken pox scar in the middle of my forehead, and i read something in the scar forum about it.
Good for filling indents, looks smooth.
Thats pretty much all i know about makeup.... kinda wandering what im doing here eusa_think.gif

#17 HelpMe13

HelpMe13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:17 AM

for men,i wouldn't advise it,it is noticable in different lighting and is mainly for doing to your whole face(for woman),so for woman it may be good,but men looking at this product...no dont waste your money.

#18 acneafterthirtyblog

acneafterthirtyblog

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:43 AM

sheer cover was a waste of my money and a total infomercial bad purchase