Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Vinegar Cured my Bacne

red mark

This topic is in the process of being archived.
360 replies to this topic

#41 bedrock

bedrock

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 November 2005 - 01:30 AM

I've been using it 2 times a day. I diluted it so it doesn't irritate my skin. I love this stuff! It makes my skin really soft, and I got rid of 99% acne on my back and chest. Plus, all the red marks are fading. You must dilute this stuff, or you probably will break out! I've been on it for 2 weeks now, and I use it after I shower, like a toner. The only thing I don't like is the smell. It's smells up the bathroom for awhile. I plan on using it for a few months until the old marks fade away. I suggest using ACV before any harsh cleansers for the back. It's natural as well.

#42 gtdestiny

gtdestiny

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:40 PM

I have white distilled vinegar that says its been reduced to 5% acidity. Will this work for me because i cant really get my hands on apple cidar vinegar.

#43 Jbu

Jbu

Praetorian

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:57 PM

That's awesome, I might give this a try! Not that I've really tried anything for my back but I'm starting to get acne there and it's just starting to creep down my neck =( So maybe I'll try this on my neck too. Congradulations and many thanks for sharing your experience

#44 hayleylujah

hayleylujah

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 26 December 2005 - 10:53 PM

I started using acv a few days ago on my back and face. I haven't noticed Very much change and (even though I notice this has been asked before) I just wanted to inquire further into the application of this treatment - so far I've been using the cotton pads used for nail polish removal.

Just wondering as to whether or not this would make a difference?
eusa_think.gif

#45 SubZ

SubZ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2006 - 12:00 AM

im gonna try this and see what its like
im using cider vinegar about 1/2 with water in a spray bottle
spray it on then rub it in after a shower in the morning and at night
dose the smell stay on you for the hole time its on you?

#46 hayleylujah

hayleylujah

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:41 AM

i'm been using acv for about a week now and i haven't noticed much difference but i'll keep with it for a while longer.

#47 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:16 AM

When I used to use this I used 50% Apple Cider Vinegar and 50% Water. However I also mixed in 6 tablets of asprin for the possible salicylic acid effect. This helped with certain stubborn cysts that traditional OTCs couldn't treat as well as exfoilated my skin, thus healing some of my hyperpigmenation marks.

Of course if your skin is drier you may want to use 25% Apple Cider Vinegar and 75% water and if you use the asprin maybe only 4 instead.

Oh and as for the rest of those marks you can use fresh lemons (seems to work better than concentrate) on your back, but due to it's acidity level, you may find this irritating on a daily basis.

When all else fails, or in conjuction, my favorite cheap skin lightener & slight exfoliator, that also happens to heal some acne, is called Oleda Super Skin Ligtening Gel http://www.oleda.com...61SSLG&CatID=SK (may want to get on mailing list for sales) It has "natural" ingredients and just because it seems gentle, don't overuse (several times in one day) or you'll end up with a chemical burn.

Also, has anyone tried the Papaya Regimen by Nature's Cure (saw an infomercial), it has enzymes that would also help unclog pores, exfoilate, etc...or use a fresh papaya, pineapple, pumpkin, etc

#48 gomez

gomez

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2006 - 12:37 AM

eusa_dance.gif Sounds like good results, would white vinegar work too?

#49 SebastianC

SebastianC

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:36 AM

does sunbathing cause a problem if you use vinegar on your skin?

#50 SebastianC

SebastianC

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:10 PM

Ok, I used 1 Tea Tree Oil (100%, undiluted) : 1 Apple Cider Videgar and ...somehow it doesn't feel right. My skin feels fresh, it has a nice smell but I am not sure I put the right quantity of TTO. Should I have put less?

#51 bengordon

bengordon

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:59 PM

Does anyone know if u can mix tea tree oil into a bottle of vinegar or if u should apply it separately?

#52 G0DLIK3

G0DLIK3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:11 PM

Just tried the Japanese Vinegar like 10 minutes ago, burned at first, skin feels real smooth now. I'll try 2 update daily... i just pored it on a cotton ball and rubbed it on, didn't dilate...

I'll give this a week then im going 2 try the BP/Alpha Hydrox. treatment.

If any 1 has success at all with bacne pm me please.

Suxs being 16, having a 6-pack and cant take off ur shirt cuz of acne. Summer is going to be a nightmare...

#53 jia

jia

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Figure Skating, Ballroom Dance, Travel, Learning new Languages

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:06 PM

[attachmentid=3874]hi! I am new to this. But I'm going to try the apple cider Ving. I have tried pricey creams, BP and everything under the sun. I think the only time I had clearn skin was in china! I don't know why...but it is the only place I lived that I had clear skin...

So...I am going to try it. wink.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• happyness.jpg

#54 G0DLIK3

G0DLIK3

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:02 AM

Alright after 5 days i have noticed that this helps to improve skin tone (on me it was less red/smoother skin), but i dont see it actaully killing the acne.

#55 barmpot

barmpot

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Burning guitars, UFOs, Rock n' Roll, Cheesecake, Jimi Hendrix

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:20 AM

How do you apply the vinegar? Like, do you soak it into a cotton pad or a tissue?

#56 Jep13

Jep13

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:40 PM

The only vinegar I found at the grocery store was diluted to 5% acidity. Should I buy indiluted vinegar? Would something like this be OK:

http://vdcusa.com/Ap.../B000R2X1AW.htm

Thank you for your help!! I really hope this solves my scars.

#57 bluemorpho

bluemorpho

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE(Jep13 @ Jun 4 2007, 05:40 PM) View Post
The only vinegar I found at the grocery store was diluted to 5% acidity. Should I buy indiluted vinegar? Would something like this be OK:

http://vdcusa.com/Ap.../B000R2X1AW.htm

Thank you for your help!! I really hope this solves my scars.

bragg's is definitely a good brand because it's raw/unpasteurized.
you can get this cheaper though (and faster) at a whole foods market or any natural food store -- look for eden's, bragg's, or other brands that say "raw" or "with the mother" ("mother" i think is a term for the strain that actually produces the fermentation...you'll see this goopy, stringy brown stuff floating in the bottle -- don't worry, it's good for you smile.gif it's actually really good to put a tablespoon or so of vinegar in water and sip it every day -- easy to get used to the taste after a while -- it alkalinizes your whole system and is really good for digestion)

#58 unkown2007

unkown2007

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:50 AM

Hey everyone,

I've never really been too happy about my body, i've always been overweight and had quite a lot of acne and body acne, especially on my back and upper chest.

A few of weeks ago i saw this thread and it inspired me to change, i started using vinegar on my back and upper chest and decided i was gonna start to go the the gym, sitting here after 3 weeks i feel a lot better about myself, the acne on my upper chest has totally gone and on my back there's hardly any of it now. My face has totally cleared up too and i've lost a lot of weight. I generally feel a lot better about myself, i'm even going swimming with some mates next week

thanks for all your advice and thanks for helping me change my life

#59 bluemorpho

bluemorpho

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE(unkown2007 @ Jun 6 2007, 10:50 AM) View Post
Hey everyone,

I've never really been too happy about my body, i've always been overweight and had quite a lot of acne and body acne, especially on my back and upper chest.

A few of weeks ago i saw this thread and it inspired me to change, i started using vinegar on my back and upper chest and decided i was gonna start to go the the gym, sitting here after 3 weeks i feel a lot better about myself, the acne on my upper chest has totally gone and on my back there's hardly any of it now. My face has totally cleared up too and i've lost a lot of weight. I generally feel a lot better about myself, i'm even going swimming with some mates next week

thanks for all your advice and thanks for helping me change my life

that's great! so excited for you!
please keep us updated smile.gif

#60 jenderwear

jenderwear

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(clearlyunclear @ Oct 10 2005, 11:03 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Mikka @ Sep 12 2005, 09:44 AM)
QUOTE(mikeh @ Sep 8 2005, 11:27 AM)
Tried it, result is very good after just a week, using apple cider vinegar, apply very liberally( splash it on) before bedtime, smell soon goes. Greasy skin feels dry but not dry as when using BP. Please try it.
View Post

Hi guys

Just thought I'd answer some of the questions, I put it on with my fingers and just rub it on with a few drops of the Tea-Tree oil (which should be available at any good health food shop) and use it as an exfoliant (i.e. rub it in to take off the top layer of dead skin, especially good for getting rid of the hyperpigmentation associated with old spots). I used Japanese rice wine vinegar but I dont think it matters, any type of vinegar will do.

Not to disrepect anyone's opinions but the poster who thought that my bacne stopping and the use of vinegar was coincidental was not correct - I had bacne for about 15 years and whilst it was sometimes worse than other times it was always there in some form and when I first tried the vinegar it was especially nasty, until I started using the vinegar - as I said I only used it to try to get rid of the red marks and I was astounded when I stopped getting new spots.

It cost like $3 for a years treatment, you have nothing to lose and its changed my outlook on life (the beach is a different place when you dont have to worry about people looking at the dark red spotches on your back).

All the best folks.

M.
View Post

Can u please Post places to buy tea tree oil. I cannot find it anywhere. Online or some stores in the states would be great. Thanks Mikka!

Walmart has tea tree oil. It's in the Pharmacy section (the isle with all the vitamins) on the bottom shelf. If you have trouble finding it , just ask for assistance. It's about $4 and some change. Hope that helps.