Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vinegar Cured my Bacne

250 posts in this topic

Hi after getting fustrated with the BP and AHA back regimen i decided to give this a go.

Heres what I found.

I tried Aplle Cider Vinegar at night times only full strength after showering and leave on till shower in the morning. The results where ok I guess still got the couple of spots but nothing amazing happened like mentioned in other posts.

So then..... I went back and read the original post and tried tea tree oil(with ACV) as suggested by thread starter. This broke me out a little....

Then a week ago i thought i would give the japanese rice vinegar a try instead of ACV and the results have been excellent. No new spots since starting and old spots gone and red marks fading. The results were so good that i went mad at the weekend stayed out all friday and saturday on the booze and didnt apply any vinegar and sunday morning still no spots. For the first time in 9 YEARS i took a shower after football with all the lads and no one was aware that i suffer from back acne. I shower in johnsons top-toe every morning and night (i thimk this also helps as for years i have used harsh soaps and acne gels), and at night follow with rice vinegar and leave on till morning. Its so easy to apply and takes seconds to dry. I actually think for once i am going to have clear skin FINALLY. Thanks to original poster and everyone else who posted in this thread. I urge everyone with bacne to try Rice vinegar GOOD LUCK

so i've tried all the counter products and even tried going to a dermatologist and doctor but nothing has worked.

For the past month, i had been using apple cyder and a few drops of tea tree oil to clear my back and chest acne but i started getting red bumps. I'm not sure if it's b/c i didn't dilute the vinegar or what not but a month later, I still have acne on my back and chest with really obvious scars that hasn't cleared up. However, i'm not saying that the vinegar didn't work..

Now i'm gonna try white vinegar and dilute it to see if it works better this time

Other than lemon, does anyone know any other ways to get rid of scars? I have really noticeable scars on my back and chest and i think thats whats bothering me the most.

Also, does anyone find it hard to stop touching your acne? I have a habit of touching/scratching/popping the acne on my back and i'm trying to stop it but it's hard...

Please help.

Hi after getting fustrated with the BP and AHA back regimen i decided to give this a go.

Heres what I found.

I tried Aplle Cider Vinegar at night times only full strength after showering and leave on till shower in the morning. The results where ok I guess still got the couple of spots but nothing amazing happened like mentioned in other posts.

So then..... I went back and read the original post and tried tea tree oil(with ACV) as suggested by thread starter. This broke me out a little....

Then a week ago i thought i would give the japanese rice vinegar a try instead of ACV and the results have been excellent. No new spots since starting and old spots gone and red marks fading. The results were so good that i went mad at the weekend stayed out all friday and saturday on the booze and didnt apply any vinegar and sunday morning still no spots. For the first time in 9 YEARS i took a shower after football with all the lads and no one was aware that i suffer from back acne. I shower in johnsons top-toe every morning and night (i thimk this also helps as for years i have used harsh soaps and acne gels), and at night follow with rice vinegar and leave on till morning. Its so easy to apply and takes seconds to dry. I actually think for once i am going to have clear skin FINALLY. Thanks to original poster and everyone else who posted in this thread. I urge everyone with bacne to try Rice vinegar GOOD LUCK

Ok, so I bought Apple Cider Vinegar and Tea Tree Oil earlier on this evening. Just had a shower and applied a mixture of the two on my back. Really hope this works!!! :think:

so i've tried all the counter products and even tried going to a dermatologist and doctor but nothing has worked.

For the past month, i had been using apple cyder and a few drops of tea tree oil to clear my back and chest acne but i started getting red bumps. I'm not sure if it's b/c i didn't dilute the vinegar or what not but a month later, I still have acne on my back and chest with really obvious scars that hasn't cleared up. However, i'm not saying that the vinegar didn't work..

Now i'm gonna try white vinegar and dilute it to see if it works better this time

Other than lemon, does anyone know any other ways to get rid of scars? I have really noticeable scars on my back and chest and i think thats whats bothering me the most.

Also, does anyone find it hard to stop touching your acne? I have a habit of touching/scratching/popping the acne on my back and i'm trying to stop it but it's hard...

Please help.

Please help.

Am actually having same problem...I used apple cyder vinegar for few days time, & seems like its getting worse (many red bumps burst out). I applied it with cotton on my back after evening shower & leave it till the other evening shower. I don't know why it didn work for me..May be I leave it for too long??

I just bought japanese rice vinegar to try, hope this work for me....If not, then I think vinegar might not suitable for me....Any kind advice before I use it? Am so upset & hesitate now :(

Please help.

Am actually having same problem...I used apple cyder vinegar for few days time, & seems like its getting worse (many red bumps burst out). I applied it with cotton on my back after evening shower & leave it till the other evening shower. I don't know why it didn work for me..May be I leave it for too long??

I just bought japanese rice vinegar to try, hope this work for me....If not, then I think vinegar might not suitable for me....Any kind advice before I use it? Am so upset & hesitate now :(

hey guys, just wanted to know how much vinegar u guys used when u put it on?

hey guys, just wanted to know how much vinegar u guys used when u put it on?

alright so i've been using this regimen for about a week or so. I'm using 5% ACV diluted with water. then added a little TTO. So far the results have been positive. I probably have the worst bacne on this forum and my skin feels smoother and scars are getting lighter...THANK GOD. I'm going to use it for a month and post results. i have one question regarding the mixture of these three ingredients. What i've done is in a bottle put about 100mL of vinegar and 100mL of water. Now when i put in say about 5-9mL of TTO it just sits on top of the bottle (OIL and water dont mix...duh). I've made the bottle for ease of use since i will be using it daily. any suggestions.

I use it at night and apply it with cotton balls if anybody is wondering. next morning shower and wash back with ACNEFREE foaming wash.

Started to try this tonight. I have a few deep red and purple scars in a small area of back from cysts I had over the past year, as well as a few live whiteheads.

Using apple cider vinegar, 60-40 water-acv mixture. We'll see what happens!

BTW, I like the smell of vinegar. Reminds me of dying Easter Eggs as a little kid.

Day 2 of using it, I'm not sure anything is happening. I get the impression that my red spots are fading, but since I'm really really hoping this method works, maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me. We'll see

cool

"Why is there a pancake is the silverware drawer?"

"The correct question is why is there silverware in the pancake drawer"

Vinegar is not working and i have stopped using it and gone back to straight BP, and it has worked the best for me, skin is getting better and seeing the best results yet. I used the vinegar before my shower in the morning like the post said but my skin was not taking to it, starting getting more and more breakouts, till finally I decided to go see a dermatologist.

I am looking into Levulan treatment! No more vinegar for this guy.

Thanks/ This will be my first step into fighting the beautiful thing of acne. YAY....

Hi everyone! I read a lot of possitives/unconfirmeds and also a few negatives in this long chain of posts. I have been sitting around for too long putting up with this condition. After finding this tip, I thought to myself, whats to lose? I am going to see what it does for me with the Rice Wine Vinegar. Hope I see some success like others have - would love to swim with my kids without being embarrassed.

:pray:

Battling this disgusting acne since my teens (now 31)...I may have found something now in Sensi-Clear. Been using it for about 5 months now and see a definite clearing that no other product could do.

At night:

Face:

Sensi Clear wash

Sensi Clear Toner

Sensi Clear cream

also use spot treatment when needed

Back/Chest/Shoulders:

Cuticura medicated anti-bacterial soap...skin is softer/smoother...will see how it does with breakouts

Witchhazel (seems to help inflammation)

Morning:

Face:

Sensi Clear Toner

Sensi Clear cream

Back/Chest/Shoulders:

Witchhazel

So off to the supermarket I went and the only vinegar I could find was Japanese rice wine vinegar so I bought it home and tried it.

Are you talking about mirin? Because if you are, i am in luck, i have that and not regular vinegar. :P

Does it matter which type of vinegar you use? I have some regular vinegar home and I'd like to try it right now.

I bought cornwells apple cider vinegar made from 100% apple cider and applied it. Is it wierd that i didnt feel any stinging sensation cause i remember that from another post that they felt stinging sensations. Also i read that from the original poster that japanese rice vinegar is the best. I live in Australia does anyone know where abouts to get it from.

Just tried it for my first time. I'll continue daily and update weekly. My mixture consists of 3 teaspoons of vinegar and 9 teaspoons of water.

WOW!! vinegar actually does work very well!

ive used it for 2 weeks now and the scars on my bak

r starting to fade quite quickly.

although i heard sumone say it wasnt good to put vinegar on the skin??

any1 noe if this is true??

I'd say it wasn't true.

I'm on my second day. Don't want to get my hopes up, but I'm seeing improvement. I'm not sure if this is because of the ACV (5% diluted kind, applied nightly) or the epsom salt water spray (applied every morning) or a combination of the two and proper exfoliation with scrubby gloves and a mild salicylic in the shower (morning and night).

My Accutane Log

Month 1 - 40mg/day, Amnesteem

Month 2 - 60mg/day, Claravis

Month 3 - 60mg/day, Claravis

Month 4 - 60mg/day, Claravis

Cleanser: I should probably use one of these, huh?

Moisturizer: Well, my skin doesn't exactly require one, but I use Cetaphil with SPF15 during the day, just for the sun protection. Red marks, I will not let your cruel photosynthesis ruin my complexion!

Topicals:

Current Status: Looking better, but still not perfect.