Photo

Best Exfoliator??

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tammy06

Tammy06

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2005 - 04:08 PM

I am currently on topical and oral antibiotics along with tazorac cream .1%. I read that topcial retinoids like tazorac help to PREVENT those small under the skin bumps (known as milia) but they don't do much to make them go away. I have them on my chin, forehead, and along my hairline. So, my question is what is the best exfoliator for me to use considering the medications I'm already taking? Thanks!

#2 iceboi

iceboi

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

I currently have a huge one on my left side of my temple tried everything to get rid of it and nothing i used to have 2 huge ones on my neck area for 2 weeks and then i used the mircale exfoliating cloth for 3 days and its disappeared i'm currently using the cloth on my left temple area but i have to scrub it soft since that area is sensitive!!

The Best Exfoliating Cloth ever!!

Don't buy from EBAY or online you can get these CLOTHS or GLOVES at The Body Shop awesome exfoliator!!

It did look pretty Harsh when i saw and picked it up but I gently rub it all over my face so the dead skin cells can fall right onto the cloth...

#3 Tammy06

Tammy06

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:23 AM

Now that I think about it, I did purchase one of those exfoliating cloths off of ebay. It didn't help my acne but I do think it made my skin feel smoother overall. Maybe if I add this into my current regimen, I will notice more of a difference. I have quite a few on my chin area that seemed to diminish when I used masks/exfoliators. I am going to get one of those body shop cloths and see how it works. Thanks!

#4 ballaballa

ballaballa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:27 AM

water and towel...best exfoliator.

#5 Soldier

Soldier

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:42 PM

i really like st. ives medicated apricot scrub its not too harsh as long as you scrub gently its a great exfoliator with both SA and microscrubbers and it makes your skin smooth and feel geat its brining all my clogged pores to the surface and allowing me to clear them out soon i wont have any left woo hoo

#6 Tammy06

Tammy06

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:52 PM

haha..i was at wal-mart today and saw the medicated st. ives scrub and decided to buy it. I'm glad somebody already recommended it. I hope it works! I'm just curious as to when I should use it. In the morning I wash my face with dove soap and then put on clindamycin(topical antibiotic). I'm wondering if it would be okay to wash with the st. ives in the morning then put on the clindamycin? Will the combination of SA and clindamycin irritate my skin?

#7 Tara

Tara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE(tscorpio24 @ Aug 4 2005, 05:52 PM)
haha..i was at wal-mart today and saw the medicated st. ives scrub and decided to buy it. I'm glad somebody already recommended it. I hope it works! I'm just curious as to when I should use it. In the morning I wash my face with dove soap and then put on clindamycin(topical antibiotic). I'm wondering if it would be okay to wash with the st. ives in the morning then put on the clindamycin? Will the combination of SA and clindamycin irritate my skin?

View Post

Hi T, I have them too and my derm said that Taz is the best thing to get rid of them but it may take time because they are deep in the skin. I've been using the Taz on them for 2 weeks and some are unclogging. How long have you been using it? You can have them removed.

#8 Guest_tenshigirl25_*

Guest_tenshigirl25_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:54 PM

paulas choice 2% BHA Solution. no scrubs.. they develop even more bumps in the future.

#9 Tammy06

Tammy06

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:25 AM

I've been using tazorac for 2 1/2 weeks now and it is definantly helping. I just thought maybe there was something else I could do to help those little bumps. I used the st. ives this morning and I liked how it made my skin feel but then when I looked in the mirror, I noticed that it brought up 3-4 new little bumps on my chin. I think I may just stick with the tazorac. Oh well..at least the scrub was only $2.92

#10 Married2AGamer

Married2AGamer

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2005 - 08:31 AM

i was thinking about getting one of those miracle cloths. i see them all the time on ebay.i use baking soda to exfoliate.

#11 Tara

Tara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE(tscorpio24 @ Aug 5 2005, 06:25 AM)
I've been using tazorac for 2 1/2 weeks now and it is definantly helping. I just thought maybe there was something else I could do to help those little bumps. I used the st. ives this morning and I liked how it made my skin feel but then when I looked in the mirror, I noticed that it brought up 3-4 new little bumps on my chin. I think I may just stick with the tazorac. Oh well..at least the scrub was only $2.92

View Post

I'm sticking with the Tazorac too, keep me updated on your progress so I can see if mine is similar. My derm said that if the Taz doesn't work in a month he'll have me go on Accutane. I did also just start using MD Formulations Cleanser with glycolic acid, I've heard that helps....we'll see.

#12 burningbridges

burningbridges

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2005 - 12:46 PM

tea tree oil facial scrub from the body shop. Works for me...good for normal and oily skin. There tea tree oil line is designed for blemished skin.

#13 deadlyroxy

deadlyroxy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2005 - 12:54 PM

doubt.gif exfoliation doesn't seem to get rid of them for me. sorry I don't know much about this Tazorac stuff. is it supposed to get rid of the bumps? and does it require a derm visit because I don't know if I can get one eusa_think.gif