Photo

Sensi Peel

tca rosacea hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 electroscars

electroscars

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2005 - 06:49 PM

Has anyone ever tried this peel? I am not Asian, but have sensitive skin. I am looking for a peel to even my skin tone and minimize my shallow scarring. This is the description:

Sensi Peel® Exfoliating treatment

Sensi Peel® Exfoliating treatment was formulated primarily for Asian skin as well as other extremely sensitive skin types. The solution contains a blend of L-lactic acid and trichloroacetic acid (TCA). Plant-derived progesterone leaves the skin feeling plump and hydrated. The Sensi Peel® exfoliating treatment is formulated with L-ascorbic acid for strengthening and brightening with L-arbutin and kojic acid help treat hyperpigmentation and sun damage. The kojic acid, as well as the azelaic acid provide anti-acne and antibacterial properties to the solution. The Sensi peel® exfoliating treatment is excellent for claming rosacea, as redness and inflammation subside substantially after treatment.

#2 verysadgirl

verysadgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 19 July 2005 - 06:53 PM

Yep, I had one of those a couple of months ago. I think it is a good light peel, but I don't think that it is compatible with the copper peptide route I am taking now. I has kojic acid in it, which I believe is not supposed to be a good mix with CP.

Pizzicato might have more to offer on this topic...

#3 electroscars

electroscars

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2005 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(verysadgirl @ Jul 19 2005, 04:53 PM)
Yep, I had one of those a couple of months ago. I think it is a good light peel, but I don't think that it is compatible with the copper peptide route I am taking now. I has kojic acid in it, which I believe is not supposed to be a good mix with CP.

Pizzicato might have more to offer on this topic...

View Post

Thanks for letting me know...did it help the texture and tone of your skin? I too am doing the copper peptide routine. I am also using a glycolic cream hoping that helps! I am just looking for some other peels to help with skin tone and texture! what I wouldn't give to have smooth skin again ;-)

#4 pizzicato

pizzicato

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:05 PM

i love the sensi peel. it's really gentle, but effective. if i'm not mistaken, there's a really tiny percentage of TCA in it too. it usually makes me peel like crazy...

#5 electroscars

electroscars

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(pizzicato @ Jul 19 2005, 08:05 PM)
i love the sensi peel. it's really gentle, but effective. if i'm not mistaken, there's a really tiny percentage of TCA in it too. it usually makes me peel like crazy...

View Post

Pizzicato - do you see a lot of improvement when you do it in shallow scars? Are the results permanent? Is there as much downtime as TCA?

#6 pizzicato

pizzicato

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2005 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE(electroscars @ Jul 20 2005, 12:16 AM)
QUOTE(pizzicato @ Jul 19 2005, 08:05 PM)

View Post

Pizzicato - do you see a lot of improvement when you do it in shallow scars? Are the results permanent? Is there as much downtime as TCA?

View Post

you won't see that much improvement with just one peel, since it's so gentle. i only started noticing a difference after maybe 6 sessions or so, in conjunction with daily use of PCA products. there's no downtime at all!

#7 zoomig

zoomig

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:31 AM

where do you get this sensipeel? is it a daily treatment or a peel like TCA?

#8 verysadgirl

verysadgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 20 July 2005 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(zoomig @ Jul 20 2005, 08:31 AM)

View Post

It's a peel performed by places that carry the PCA (Physician's Choice of Arizona) skin care products. They insist that you are doing the PCA homecare while doing the in-office peels, and to my knowledge, the peels are not available to buy if you are not a doctor or medical aesthetician (trained by PCA). I think it is a great line of products, but there are *many* of them, so it is especially hard to incorporate CP or anything else...

#9 pizzicato

pizzicato

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2005 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE(verysadgirl @ Jul 20 2005, 10:19 AM)

View Post

It's a peel performed by places that carry the PCA (Physician's Choice of Arizona) skin care products. They insist that you are doing the PCA homecare while doing the in-office peels, and to my knowledge, the peels are not available to buy if you are not a doctor or medical aesthetician (trained by PCA). I think it is a great line of products, but there are *many* of them, so it is especially hard to incorporate CP or anything else...

View Post

yeah, and they're not cheap either! sad.gif

#10 electroscars

electroscars

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2005 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(verysadgirl @ Jul 20 2005, 06:19 AM)

View Post

View Post

Yeah I saw that they were offered at a plastic surgeon's office. Are you satisfied with the results from them? Do you think it's worth it?

#11 Jenya

Jenya

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 July 2005 - 07:53 PM

Hmm its interesting how you can get a 100% TCA and perform it yourself but you cant buy this light peel