Photo

Hibiclens

canada

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 thed

thed

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:52 PM

I was wondering if Hibiclens is avalible in Canada . more specificly Vancouver?

#2 iceboi

iceboi

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 July 2005 - 03:54 PM

Not sure check walmart on the bandaid section some stores have it and some may not!!

Best bet is to buy online but still check

#3 MoeMentum

MoeMentum

Operation: Superskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:22 PM

I spent about two hours googling this topic yesterday.
The canadian version of this product is called "Hibitane".
The only difference is that Clens has a 4% conentrate and Tane has a 5%
(Chlorhexidine Di/Gluconate)

For some reason the hibitane has recently been pulled off the shelves.
And I have found no news or any information about this on google.

In fact, I had a hard time finding someone that would actually ship Hibiclens to Canada.
E-bay wouldnt. The place that would not ship it was was called "OTC"

Here is a link.
This is where I purchsed mine from just yesterday.
http://search.store....../nsearch.html

I would reckomend the 32 ounce and get the pump as well for an extra buck.
Great luck.

#4 iceboi

iceboi

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:58 PM

I've been searching it everywhere now!!

I read that you can get it at Walmart but you have to ask the pharmacist for it since they have it on their side of the counter!!

I'm going tommorrow and askin to see if they have it... so far no luck on finding it here in Toronto Area it's been hectic...

I saw the site and their shipping is pretty EXCESSIVE to Canada and plus who knows if CUSTOMS is going to charge a FEE on top of the package when it enters in Canada.

Also i'm gonna ask my friend who works in a hospital if she can hook me up with some of it if they have it.

#5 MoeMentum

MoeMentum

Operation: Superskin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 28 July 2005 - 12:55 AM

Good luck.
You got friends on the inside.......
You lucky bastard!

#6 SharonM

SharonM

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2005 - 10:57 AM

I ordered it from ebay.
The shipping was expensive $21.00 but no extra charges when it got there. I bought the 32 oz size.
Sharon

#7 iceboi

iceboi

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:54 PM

whooooo!!

Still searching for it every store i went to said they used to have hibitane but it seems they are out of stock!!

As for my friend in the hospital told me that they don't use hibiclens or hibitane at all and the hospital doctor reccomended me Betadine is it the same thing? i've only seen that at drugstores as well as Dettol.

#8 iceboi

iceboi

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

Okay Finally went to another Hospital and they told me that Hibitane is no loner available and all stores won't have it!!

They reccomended Betadine but the product didn't look like it was for me. I'm going to be getting a PRESCRIPTION to get a prduct similar to Hibiclens has the same Actove Ingredient hope fully the doctor gives it to me....

#9 SharonM

SharonM

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:29 AM

Betadine doesn't contain chlorhexidine.

They do use a product with chlorhexidine to treat MRSA (a resistant staph infection) and have swabs for cleaning skin in the hospital. I think it's just the brand hibitane or hibiclens that they don't have.
Sharon

#10 SharonM

SharonM

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:40 AM

Here's a link for the product used in Canada.

http://www.hc-sc.gc....uct/p62715.html

Sharon

#11 Kone

Kone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 22
About Me

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:02 PM

I ordered a large gallon of Hibiclens online but the shipping broke me. Then I went to London Drugs in Vancouver here and asked the pharmacist about Hibitane and they had a replacement product called Stanhexidine that also has 4% Chlorhexidine Gluconate with 4% V/V Isopropyl alcohol

Cost: 10$ for 500ml

Funny there is such an explosion about Hibitane.

A year ago I had the best skin in my life because of some chance purchase of Hibitane. I saw it on the counter in the acne section and said "what do I have to lose? Skin's so bad already." Used in the morning and evening with clindoxyl (5% BP + 1% clindamycin) before going to sleep. This lasted for about 2 months and then I went to London Drugs and it wasn't on the shelf anymore. I thought I grew out of acne so I bought some crap soap with triclosan.

The past 9 months have been hell as I've tried clindoxyl alone, murad complex acne kit, and acnefree. I just picked up this Stanhexidine and looking forward to getting nice skin again.

Remember, just ask your pharmacist and they will have it behind the counter. Save your shipping.

#12 krazy_k

krazy_k

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:29 PM

I'm in Van... called one london drugs and they were clueless... which london drugs location did you find it? thanks

#13 thed

thed

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(krazy_k @ Sep 15 2005, 05:29 AM)
I'm in Van... called one london drugs and they were clueless... which london drugs location did you find it?  thanks

View Post

I just bought it a few min ago at the london drugs downtown ill let you know how it goes

#14 iceboi

iceboi

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:15 PM

HEY TORONTONIANS!!!

Just wanted to let you all know that there's a product you can get at Pharma Plus or Shoppers that's similar to Hibitane it comes in a small bottle tho!!

Has 4% CG and about 4% Isroypl Alcohol it's about $5.00 for it.

That's the only size they have.

Go to the pharmacist or the doctor ONLY. The other techs don't know anything. Ask them for any product Over the Counter that you can buy without a prescription that has CG of 3-5%

finally found something and on the bottle it says it helps reduces acne and is made especially for Acne-Prone Skin!!

TERRIFIC can't wait to wash with it, but the 4% of ISROYPYLL AlCOHOL sounds very drying and was told that it would dry me out and should use a moisturizer

GOOD LUCK!!

#15 Reti

Reti

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

I don't recommend the cheap blue stuff. It's even more runny than hibiclens, doesn't work as a cleanser at all, and is more irritating, which is suprising considering it has less perfume in it. I just want a hibiclens that's thicker, without dye or perfume. The Walgreens stuff is pretty close, but seems to produce issues with my skin. It caused irritation on me, even though it appears to simply actually be hibiclens without the dye or perfume. Odd.

Isn't Hibiscrub thicker than Hibiclens, and Hibitane is an ointment? There was also a "gel" version that sounds like Purell with CG in it.

Edited by Reti, 02 February 2012 - 02:22 PM.