Which is better glycerin based soap or other

1 reply to this topic

#1 heybabe

heybabe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:34 PM

Hey I had been using Clearasil and it was working wonders then boom, break out I decided to eliminate all the over night stuff except bp on the chin and use cleanser and water. Ok Clearasil daily face wash is glycerin based and has more ingredients then the Ambi 10 bar which only has two soap ingredients and and antibacterial agent. Clearasil daily face wash has several soap ingredients plus glycerin? What should I do, is glycerin better to wash face with then soap based products??

#2 searchingforthesolution

searchingforthesolution

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:48 AM

What are the ingredients in the Ambi 10? I have never heard about it.

I just looked it up, and found that it is a medicated bar, contains 10% BP, the antibacterial agent Triclocarban (never heard of this), coconut oil...
Personally, I worry that, though there may be few ingredients (though they may actually not all be listed), that it could be a bit much, but if you enjoy it, and if your skin would tolerate it and it could be effective for you, then that is great. eusa_angel.gif
It says that it has a formulation gentle for sensitive skin, but I would like to know what is in it exactly, beyond the main ingredients they name.
Have you looked into any of their other facial washes? Here's a link (though not official): http://www.texasbeau...skincarpro.html

Usually, soaps have glycerin or castile as a base.

Clearasil Daily Face Wash. Some people have used it and have found it very effective and gentle. It also contains an antibacterial agent, but it is Triclosan.
It contains glycerin and aloe as well.

I found an interesting link speaking in brief about Triclosan and Triclocarban:
http://antoine.frost...triclosan.shtml

I was reading about Triclocarban a bit, and wow, there were many stories speaking aout the fact that it was found in rivers and waterways, especially in Maryland streams. Here is a part of only one of the many articles:
The chemical — 3,4,4'-trichlorocarbanilide (triclocarban), marketed under the trademark TCC — is a nonagricultural polychlorinated phenyl urea pesticide that has been widely used for decades to kill bacteria. The researchers were among the first to detect concentrations of triclocarban in rivers and influent of wastewater treatment facilities. In some instances, they detected concentrations of triclocarban in waterways at levels 20-fold higher than previously reported. The study furnishes the first peer-reviewed environmental data of triclocarban contamination in U.S. water resources. It is published in the online edition of Environmental Science & Technology.

In answer to your question, it depends on what exactly the soap ingredients are in Ambi10. Do you know?
Glycerin should be vegetable glycerin, otherwise it is usually petrochemical.

Hope this helps a little. eusa_angel.gif I will wait for your answers.

''La bougie ne perd rien de sa lumière en la communiquant à une autre bougie.''

"Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most."

Daily:
Cleansing with:
Moisturizing with:
Treating/Deep Cleaning:
Make-up:

-----

Hate is heavy on, and not healing to, the heart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users