Photo

Boot Camp!

red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 square750

square750

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:36 AM

Ive been on the regimen for about 2 months and have had a successful experience. i dont have any more pimples and my red marks are fading. In about a month i am going to boot camp for the Navy! they will not let me bring any acne products but will allow me to bring 2 bars of soap!

I was wondering if i bring my face soap(basis), will i still break out even if i will not be able to use BP? i know that BP gel is the most important part of the regimen, but will my pimples come back even if i properly wash my face daily?

Im looking foward to starting a new chapter in my life but im not looking foward to starting the regimen all over after!

#2 lesarin26

lesarin26

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:16 PM

I hate to tell you. But there is a great chance your acne will come back when BP use is stopped. Dan has said many times that when he has quit using BP his acne comes back.

The only thing that kills p.acnes is BP. all soap does is clean dirt off your face and some dead skin.

#3 **Princess**

**Princess**

* Princess *

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:47 AM

wow cant u just sneak ur bp along with u? i would its not worht the risk

#4 Brandy

Brandy

• Regimen Assistance
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 June 2005 - 02:14 PM

Wow, what a situation to be in. I hate to say it, but unless you have outgrown your tendency to get acne, there is a good chance it will return.
Is the ban on bringing acne products only during boot camp? If so, then I suppose you can endure those 8 weeks, then restart up the regimen when you are done with boot camp. Otherwise, someone else mentioned sneaking in some bp, but if you are caught you might get into some trouble, I hear boot camp can be very strict.
Whenever boot camp is over, they should let you use whatever personal hygiene products you want, I would think, you can restart the Regimen then.
Brandy

We're all in this together.

#5 square750

square750

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:57 PM

Yeah they will not allow acne products unless it is prescribed! sucks too because this regimen has really worked for me! i guess i can undure it for 8 weeks! any suggestions on a non drying facial bar i can use while im in! its my only hope! cry.gif And do you think it will come back really hard?

#6 1000 Julys

1000 Julys

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:21 AM

What about getting that PanOxyl bar? it contains BP and it comes in a bar form. I haven't used this but ive read some really good reviews. I think it comes in 5% and 10% BP.

#7 square750

square750

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:59 PM

Ok thank you for that useful information! i think i will go out and buy it today and get a head start on it before i go in! so this is what ill have to do: wash with panoxyl bar, then moisterize?

do you think this will work well since im already used to Bp?

#8 1000 Julys

1000 Julys

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:56 PM

should work...in my experience, i like using BP washes more than creams because they don't prolong red marks as much

#9 square750

square750

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 41
About Me

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(As I am @ Jun 28 2005, 01:56 AM)
should work...in my experience, i like using BP washes more than creams because they don't prolong red marks as much

View Post

I was wondering where can i get the panoxyl 5% bar? i saw the 10% bar at rite aid, do you think that since im used to 2.5% gel, that it would irritate my skin?

#10 pintsize7

pintsize7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:40 PM

neutrogena clear pore clenser / mask click my regimen to see a pic ,,, bp based wash if u cant have a cream my as well use a bp based wash... good luck in boot camp
How do we know whether matter comes first or consciousness comes first?
You have to figure out which way is logical.
Can matter, can dumb mud over time boot strap itself into consciousness, awareness and intelligence or not?
Can consciousness on the high end where you have the intelligence, the life, the mental action, can that transform it self in to a material world?
You can build a more internally consistent universe by starting with consciousness then with dumb mud over time boot strapping itself into a consciousness model.~ Elizabet Sahtouris

#11 Rhino

Rhino

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2005 - 12:32 AM

In my experience, the BP cleansers don't irritate my skin nearly as much as the gel/cream/lotions right onto the skin. I use a 10% BP cleanser all the time with no problems.

The 5% PanOxyl bar can be ordered here:
http://acneeliminati...emId=B0000Y3COM

#12 square750

square750

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(Rhino @ Jul 1 2005, 01:32 AM)
In my experience, the BP cleansers don't irritate my skin nearly as much as the gel/cream/lotions right onto the skin. I use a 10% BP cleanser all the time with no problems.

The 5% PanOxyl bar can be ordered here:
http://acneeliminati...emId=B0000Y3COM

View Post

So do you think i should go ahead and use the 10% bar? seems like a huge jump from 2.5% to 10%! or is there really any difference?

#13 aeman

aeman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

hollow out the inside of a soap bar then fill it with bp, then like prick a tiny hole in it and sorta hold it upside down when ur washing ur face with the bar, i.e. don't really wash ur face with the bar, just let the bp seep out.... lol.gif.... now back to decrypting strategic war positions for......
Prescription: Roaccutane - 40mg per day.
Started - 28/04/05
Ended - 18/01/06 :)

My Roaccutane log.

Gallery