Photo

i always break out after shaving.

shaving

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 props

props

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:48 PM

hi, whenever i shave my beard and mustache, i always break out like one to two days after. so im wondering how can i prevent this from happening and why does this happen?

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks. smile.gif

#2 mahway0k

mahway0k

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2005 - 04:03 PM

to help you, we need some more info. are you using any shaving cream. if you are, what kind? how are you shaving (i.e. electric or manual)?

#3 dave909

dave909

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2005 - 08:11 PM

Change ur blades on a disposable every week or so... while I'm shaving I usually keep the blade under super hot water to kill off any bacteria that might be lurking on the blades or from dead skin cells (ew) or whatever. As the Regimen states, use plenty of soap as lather (ie. Purpose bar, Cetaphil, etc)... shave... cold rinse with water.

I've never had a problem. If anything... shaving regularly helps clear up my face. Facial hair causes all kinds of oil on the face

#4 props

props

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:03 AM

ok... so i shave with gillette mach 3 blade and a super max 3 shaving gel. it contains tea tree oil, vitamin e, and aloe vera. i shave at night before washing my face. after shaving, i wash my face with cetaphil.

then maybe one or two days after shaving, i already can feel a pimple forming on my chin. this always happens. so im very sure that i get this from shaving.

please help me! thanks. smile.gif

#5 senseof16

senseof16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2005 - 07:39 AM

I use a gillette mach 3 also but an aloe vera (only) shaving cream

I used to use tea tree cream but this really irritated and dried my skin, causing a breakout. This may be your problem.

If not, try shaving less often or try shaving after washing your face with plain hot water - this will dcerease your chances of a breakout.

Oh and also - if you take your time shaving, slowly and gracefully!! you will avoid irritaion and hopefully breakouts! (and ure less likely to cut any acne!!)

cheers

#6 jfjf106

jfjf106

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:25 PM

i use a nivea cool skin shaver, wet/dry, i prefer to use it wet with the moisturizing lotion. or you can use a lotion to suit your skin, also use nivea sensetive moisture rich with vitimins and camomile lotion. i shave with this then rinse my face and apply the shaving gel again and leave for a while and rinse.

#7 Phooney

Phooney

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:05 PM

The mach 3 turbo breaks me out. If I use any regular 2 blade + Aveeno Theraputic shave gel, no break out smile.gif

#8 props

props

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:01 AM

so why do you think we break out from this? is it only from irritation?

thanks. smile.gif

#9 JeremyT

JeremyT

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2005 - 06:16 AM

Electric is the way to go. Non electric is old technology.

#10 props

props

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2005 - 08:59 AM

ok thanks... anymore? i really wanted to know what causes breakouts from shaving?

#11 Fuman

Fuman

F.B.I

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(props @ Jun 21 2005, 09:59 AM)
ok thanks... anymore? i really wanted to know what causes breakouts from shaving?

View Post

when you shave deeply the hair is below the skin, then when your hair starts growing back sometimes it gets clogged from the shedding skin , oil , or bacteria grows back so you have to either shave with the hairs or put someting like sacilic acid or bp to prevent bacteria from clogging it again