Photo

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

tca

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1472 replies to this topic

#1461 SuperSecret

SuperSecret

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

Hi,

Did you successfully use a TCA cross on enlarged pores?

I am considering trying this on my nose and was hoping for some advice. I'm a little scared.

Is there anything you did that helped it work? A special moisturizer or supplement during the healing process? Hyaluronic Acid? Epidermal growth factor? Copper peptides? amino plex?

I ordered 100% tca.

You simply use a toothpick and press hard and deep into the pore? Do you get it on the inner walls of the pore? Fill it with lot of acid and leave in, or wash off immediately? Any tips on best technique would be so appreciated.

They scab and then are closed up? That would really be a dream come true for me. I am such a mess, obsessing over them day and night, hiding, avoiding social situations. Gah, its rough.

Any tips you can give for me doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by SuperSecret, 18 July 2011 - 06:51 PM.

#1462 mc21

mc21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

I would like to know as well!

SuperSecret, did you find out yet?

#1463 SuperSecret

SuperSecret

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (mc21 @ Jul 22 2011, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would like to know as well!

SuperSecret, did you find out yet?

Naw. Nobody has replied to any of my 10 or so emails... I feel like it must just be an awkward topic or something -- or maybe I worded it too...wordily? smile.gif

I guess I'll just dive in and hope for the best!
(and by "the best" I mean minimal facial disfiguration!)

#1464 SubState

SubState

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

hey I tried tca cross 100% on one of my pores on my nose. TBH I dont really see any improvement, maybe even sliiiightly worse (wider). So I would advice you to be very careful and try it on one or two pores first and wait for at least a couple of weeks to see how it looks then. I've read stories of people that are positive about this procedure for enlarged pores but I'm very sceptical.

Note that when I did it I was very, maybe even too careful, so it might not have had its full effect. What I did is I broke a cocktail stick (that I desinfected by soaking it in alchohol first and then poured water on it so all of the alcohol was gone (probably would've evaporated but just to be sure there was no reaction between alchohol & TCA)). I broke it so that the tip would be veery thin so I could apply the TCA only in the pore and not outside. After dipping it in the TCA for about 15 sec I applied it by holding it for about 5 sec in the pore, I didn't move the stick while I was in the pore I just pressed it. after that I used the neutralizer that I got with the set but I dont know if that did anything, I suspect it to be redundant. That's how I did it and for aftercare I used neosporin to keep it moisturized.

After a few days it would scab inside the pore but since my skin is so damn oily it probably pushed the scab out early, the scab was only there for 4 days or so while I read it should be there for at least 1.5 weeks.

that's all folks. Hope you have more success than I had but it's worth a try. Just be very very careful and don't hurry things!

good luck

#1465 juicy788

juicy788

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:32 PM

Does anybody know if Yavonae skincare (www.tcapeels.com) is a trustworthy seller for tca? Majority of the people seem to be purchasing it from perfectcomplexion.net or makeupartistschoice.com, but I'd rather get a set of 100, 50, and 25% rather than a single 100% kit.

Thanks in advance!

#1466 _____

_____

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:35 PM

don't forget about: im-fabulous(dot)com/Scar-Remover--TCA-Cross-Method

Also, I doubt any of them are 100; they seem to be buffered.

On that same note, why not just dilute it yourself as per application.

Only accessible source of 100% TCA I know of is in bulk/powder form from places like Alibaba or the likes.
(Maybe I should get in on this research chemical game)

#1467 juicy788

juicy788

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:40 PM

As long as the solution is strong enough to frost, I don't think one needs an exact 100% mix, or do they? From what I've read, seems like a solution 85% and up (more towards 90%+) would be sufficient enough to promote enough damage for collagen regeneration. Then, those kits wouldn't be so bad after all..?

#1468 tiuu

tiuu

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

guys don't use 100% TCA it is crazy !!! i used 50 % and works great ! the best will be to start from 25 % and see how it goes and then up to maybe 60% this is the best range .

#1469 SuperSecret

SuperSecret

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

DAMMIT!

I was so careful applying the 100% TCA. (I had read about someone spilling some on their hand, and how it ate away at the skin!)

I wore latex gloves and poured just the slightest amount into a separate cap. I then removed the gloves, so I could be extra careful with application.

The first spot I tried with the toothpick, left toothpick in for 15 seconds, stretching the skin of the nose with the other hand...

As I removed the toothpick to look at the spot, I saw A QUARTER OF MY NOSE WAS FROSTING OVER! Jesus!

I freaked out, thinking that CAN'T be TCA frosting... and immediately tried to rub the frost off with rubbing alcohol. But it doesn't rub off...because IT IS NECROSIS OF THE SKIN!

God dammit! Some of it must have gotten on the palm of my hand when removing the latex gloves?? I have no idea, I was so careful!

Immediately applied neutralizer liberally, but it started stinging pretty bad. Skin looks normal now (3 hours later.)

Is my nose going to fall off?? Has anybody made a mistake like this??

...I'm considering going into the emergency room. To see if there is anything they can apply that can stop it from eating away the skin right now.

Edited by SuperSecret, 08 April 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#1470 FruitBiscuits

FruitBiscuits

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:30 PM

DAMMIT!

I was so careful applying the 100% TCA. (I had read about someone spilling some on their hand, and how it ate away at the skin!)

I wore latex gloves and poured just the slightest amount into a separate cap. I then removed the gloves, so I could be extra careful with application.

The first spot I tried with the toothpick, left toothpick in for 15 seconds, stretching the skin of the nose with the other hand...

As I removed the toothpick to look at the spot, I saw A QUARTER OF MY NOSE WAS FROSTING OVER! Jesus!

I freaked out, thinking that CAN'T be TCA frosting... and immediately tried to rub the frost off with rubbing alcohol. But it doesn't rub off...because IT IS NECROSIS OF THE SKIN!

God dammit! Some of it must have gotten on the palm of my hand when removing the latex gloves?? I have no idea, I was so careful!

Immediately applied neutralizer liberally, but it started stinging pretty bad. Skin looks normal now (3 hours later.)

Is my nose going to fall off?? Has anybody made a mistake like this??

...I'm considering going into the emergency room. To see if there is anything they can apply that can stop it from eating away the skin right now.

omg...please go to emergency room! hope your nose will be okay and recover from the damage...!!!Posted Image

Edited by myskin2012, 08 April 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#1471 ashes123

ashes123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:57 AM

Is it normal that 1 - 2 days after the treatment the scars still look depressed and only a light brownish crust-like layer has formed?

It´s unrealistic to expect the scars to have gone completly right after the treatment, isn´t it?

#1472 ashes123

ashes123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Are copper petides to be used when there is still a scab on the treated areas or should one wait until the scab has fallen off completely?

PS: I´m asking this as my scab is still one two of the crossed scars 3 weeks later!!! Can I start using peptides??

Please folks reply ! I´m awaiting your replies urgently. I need to know !!

Looking forward!!
>Cheers
MB

#1473 ashes123

ashes123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

When should I use the Emu Oil and when the Copper Peptides?

I have done my cross treatment yesterday and have applied emu oil so far as it is recommended in the directions? Was that a fault?