Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just had CROSS treatment using 100% TCA!

1,476 posts in this topic

Most of my scabs have fallen off, and I must say, I am noticing even more improvement. My scars seem more shallow, almost like they are filling in with collagen each treatment. I am very pleased with the results so far. 4 treatments to go! I will post in about a week. The 3 other individuals in our test group are experiencing similar results. I have encouraged them to post on this forum also.

Stefany - that's a great update! Really glad you are seeing such good results already. WOW!

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

Just got back from my doctor's office today for a follow-up. The doctor said my scars are looking better. I think so too! He has been doing some research and would like to start performing a light peel before-hand. He had used examples such as lactic, phytic, or Jessner's peel. Directly after the full-face peel, he would then focally apply the TCA to the scars. Will let you know how my next treatment goes in two weeks. :D

Who else is getting cross treatments and where are they posting their results?

also what percentage of improvement are you getting with each tca treatment and how large were your scars before?

Elle:

Calisia is posting on the other TCA thread, and Anna has had the treatment also. There are 4 other patients at my Doctor's office that are having this treatment done. We are his "test group" and are getting the CROSS treatment at no cost.

I have shallow scarring on my left cheek, and deeper, boxcar and rolling scars on my right cheek. I have had two treatments so far, and have noticed about a 30% improvement on my left side, and a 20% on my right. It is definitely improving!

Just had my CROSS treatment #3. The esthetician dermaplaned my entire face, performed a light Lactic Acid Peel, then applied the TCA to my scars once again. She noticed minor hyperpigmentation and gave me a 4% hydroquinone to start using after day 7. Will update in a few weeks. :)

Stefany,

good luck with the treatment. Can you pm me the doctor's name and contact info

Hi Stef,

I am so excited for you. Would you venture a guess at your improvement percentage?

All my best!

Anna

We search for more answers because the ones we have found are not to our liking.

Hi Stefany,

I'm planing to try the TCA meathod. I have ice pick type scars on my

nose(a lot ). Please, could you give me the phone number of your Doc.

I'm in Minnesota. I will fly to Missouri If I can get your Doc's infor.

Thanks!

Morris

Morris:

Here is the link to my doctor's website:

http://wuphysicians.wustl.edu/physician2.a...asp?PhysNum=659

Anna:

I have about a 20% improvement on my worst scars, and 30% on my more shallow ones. Right now I am a mess because I have scabs all over---will let you know the degree of improvement in about 2 weeks. :D

sounds like a lot of work

I think the best solutions would be

Subcision first

then Smoothbeam

then TCA peel (finishing touches)

Why not do subcision first

then smoothbeam

then one tca peel

isnt this sort of unceassary

10 tca peels?

woah..

beat me, hate me, rape me

Michael Jackson, "They Dont Really Care About Us"

Hello

The TCA peels she is doing are local and not the whole face. The DR applies 100% TCA into the scar with a wooden applicator, in order to build up the scars.

bart2.gif

hello55:

Like imbue said, this is a localized treatment of the acne scars. And I am only doing 6 treatments. It is actually a pretty simple process. I particularly like this treatment not only because it is very promising, but also because my "healthy" skin does not need to be affected.

Hello

Here is a link of a before and after pic for treating with the Cross (local TCA) method. Before this treatment there was nothing those of us with ice pick scars can do.

http://www.cosmetic-medicine.jp/english/re...ikon/index.html

BTW

I just had it done two weeks ago and I think it helped a bit already. I can't be sure until I go back in six more weeks for another treatment, but I think the pits are smaller.

bart2.gif

Ive seen that,

but isnt it only logicalto haveSubcisionSmoothBeam/Nlite then TCA Peels

for maxiumum efficienity it doesnt make sense to do a TCA peel

then smoothbeam

then Subcision

you know?

hello: I think that going from the most invasive procedure to the least makes more sense, therefore most likely:

- subcision

- TCA

- SmoothBeam

- N-Lite

That would be my guess as to most to least invasive.

~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.

- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

hello: I think that going from the most invasive procedure to the least makes more sense, therefore most likely:

- subcision

- TCA

- SmoothBeam

- N-Lite

That would be my guess as to most to least invasive.

I see your point, but I guess I communicated wrongly

but i also dont know how bad Stefanies scars are.

Like the guy on the TCA peel

he should of done subcision first

then smoothbeam

and he would of improved like 70% then do a TCA peel finally to get anothe 10%.

The guy on that picture only had one TCA CROSS treatment. In the Korean study, all subjects who were treated with 100% TCA for 6 treatments achieved a 70% or better result. No subcision or N-Lite was performed, just the TCA. I wish I could show everyone the pictures. They are phenomenal. The article costs $19.00 to see from Synergy-Blackwell.

one smooth beam treatment for me yielded 44% improvment...

one smooth beam treatment for me yielded 44% improvment...

Hello

Smoothbeam DOES NOT work on ice pick scars, but thanks for the information about smoothbeam.

bart2.gif

r u sure?

r u sure?

Positive that the only tretament for ice pick scarring is excision and the local TCA peel. Smoothbeam and other lasers can only work on very shallow scars or smooth the edges of scars.

bart2.gif

Positive that the only tretament for ice pick scarring is excision and the local TCA peel. Smoothbeam and other lasers can only work on very shallow scars or smooth the edges of scars.

Yes, I agree with you. I have the experience of subcision and N-lite (and needling now) - I think that subcision and needling can improve the look of ice picks, but I am getting excision done on them since my doc doesn't do the TCA cross method.

It seems to me that N-Lite and Smoothbeam are similar, N-lite perhaps being the poorer sister, still - they greatly enhance the success of other procedures. N-Lite has certainly plumped out my skin - I think for tose with shallow/rolling scars - the N-lite can seemingly stretch the skin so that the appearance of the scars is much better.

Stefany - great hearing your updates - how are you dealing with the fact that once a month you have several days of scabbing? How do you cater for the work that you do?

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

EDIT: Maya is a former moderator but unfortunately no longer posts here.

Maya:

The majority of my scarring is on my cheeks, so I can hide much of the scabbed areas with my hair----I can style it so that it isn't obvious I am hiding something! Scabs form after 2 days, so I can wear makeup over them. I always have my procedure performed on a Wednesday evening, so my scabs start to form over Thursday and Friday, then I am off work on the weekend. Monday is Day 5 and most of my scabs start falling off on Day 6. I conceal them pretty well, but I am sure they may be a little noticeable. But nobody has said anything yet! :D

I love this procedure because the healing is so quick and I don't have to take time off work.

Stefany,

My scabs started to fall of about day 7 and continued until day 14. Most of my scabs came off at about day 10.

bart2.gif