Clear Skin Or 100 Million Dollars?

aha alpha hydroxy acid

298 replies to this topic

Poll: Clear Skin or 100 Million Dollars? (713 member(s) have cast votes)

Clear Skin or 100 Million Dollars?

1. Show Me the Money! (324 votes [45.44%])

Percentage of vote: 45.44%

2. I want flawless, beautiful skin now babe! (378 votes [53.02%])

Percentage of vote: 53.02%

3. I Don't Care! (11 votes [1.54%])

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#241 berserk

berserk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

But don't go and infer that the people who are choosing money are fools, because the money people are actually the ones making the logical choice while those who choose clear skin are choosing it more based on their emotions.

where did i called someone a fool?

of course im chosing based on my fucking emotions, no money in the world would made me more happy like a clear skin, i dont care about money i could be homeless, life is more than money, and no money can cure acne

and lol about logical choice, imagine someone who had acne their whole life with scars all over and acne all over, always slaping some treatments that make more harm than good and worrying about what they can eat or not, on which side are they sleeping, how wil they wake up tomorrow, will they be in pain from just slaping water on their face, how is that called a logical choice

when you suffer from severe acne your whole life and you know you will continue to suffer from it for the rest of that life no money will buy you a relaxed state of mind like truly clear skin can, chronic pain is the most unfortunante thing you can experience in life

Edited by berserk, 26 July 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#242 elliew8

elliew8

Adventure is out there!

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

this is a really interesting thread! I honestly don't know what I'd choose - people have made some very good arguments for money and for clear skin, I can definitely appreciate the freedom that clear skin would give me but equally I probably would start obsessing about some other insecurity in its place... however I think what CBIOT13 meant was that if you ask random people on the street (presumably) most would say the money because the majority aren't dealing with skin problems so 'logically' would choose money, whereas people who understand the emotional side effects of acne would 'logically' choose clear skin, guess it's each to their own!

#243 Exister

Exister

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

"100 Million Dollars" is a ridiculous figure. If anyone wouldn't choose that and use most of it to help people in need, they're selfish as hell and deserve the acne.

Now if the choices were clear skin or "everything you own", it'd be a different story. I would choose clear skin. I'd probably cheat and save a directory of my music library first though.

#244 MaskedOne

MaskedOne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

This is so easy to answer: Clear skin. Easily. 

Money can only buy so much happiness. How many people out there are incredibly wealthy, but still have medical problems, mental health issues, drug/alcohol or addition problems... money cannot fix everything.  So many studies have shown that at some point, there is less of a psychological "return" on how much money a person has.

Don't get me wrong: it would be awesome.  But to have the experience of NEVER EVER having to worry about my skin again - how to wash, what to eat, dealing with pimples, not having to wear makeup, being able to go swimming... I could go on forever.  That?  Well, that is priceless to me and to have clear skin for the rest of my life is a no-brainer.

#245 berserk

berserk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

If anyone wouldn't choose that and use most of it to help people in need, they're selfish as hell and deserve the acne.

what makes you think that people who dont choose that route dont already help others when they can???

and saying that someone deserves to have acne is pathetic, who are you to say what someone deserves, we all want to be happy, and when we are happy we can help more, we are more positive that way

there are more ways to help others that dont include money, you think someone will be truly happy inside out when you just throw money at them, meh, i dont know why i even bother

Edited by berserk, 27 July 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#246 fairlybored

fairlybored

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

id pick the money and use it to get clear skin. next is doing everything i wanted with the money and not feel shit as i'll have clear skin.

#247 SunnySarah

SunnySarah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:reading, watching movies, volunteering, cooking, traveling, meeting new people, exploring

Achievements

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

The Money. It can buy top dermatologists that can clear your skin, and a life that wont be filled with money troubles. 

#248 0041

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:02 PM

My life and well being is worth more than you can offer.

#249 Rosalie324

Rosalie324

You is Smart. You is Kind. You is important.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Equestrian
    Softball
    Singing
    Reading

Achievements

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

Clear skin any day of the week... Like they said, I'd rather earn my own money. But if I won the lottery with the clear skin I received, well I wouldn't complain! wiggle.gif

#250 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

^ Exactly! I am so surprised it's 50/50 as well. I voted: show me the money! I wonder if those who voted for clear skin are not full-time employed, having to support themselves or a family yet.....

I've been on my own for many years and have been working since I was 14 year old, mostly at minimum wage jobs...

I absolutely, without a doubt would choose clear skin over the money. I have clear skin now, and I would sacrifice any chance of making that kind of money in my life just to keep it.

Also--some of you guys are missing the point of the thread I think. It says clear skin OR lots of money. You can't have both, or obviously anyone would pick both.

I pick neither. Imagining my life being rich as hell I would still be pissed off and unhappy with myself. It would be great at first but after awhile it would just get old. I'd still be dealing with the same problems I have now and money can't fix them. Clear skin wouldn't make me happier either. I'm almost clear now and I'm willing to throw it all away because I can't stick to my diet. I don't think life is about what you have, it's about what you do that effects other people. If you haven't changed someone's life, you've done nothing.

Clear skin can totally make you happy. My life changed for the better in a thousand different ways when I finally cleared my skin. It was the thing that was holding me back.

I am shocked with all the people choosing clear skin. It's 100 Million Dollars!!! You and your family will live a life free of want and hardships, and my god if skin was an issue you could probably hire a dermatoligist and nutritionist to live with you haha.

No, like I said, the title of the thread is clear skin OR 100 million dollars. You can't have both. If you could, then the entire thread is stupid and pointless. The point is to illustrate how much people care about clear skin, which is obviously a lot considering how many people would sacrifice the money.

"100 Million Dollars" is a ridiculous figure. If anyone wouldn't choose that and use most of it to help people in need, they're selfish as hell and deserve the acne.

Now if the choices were clear skin or "everything you own", it'd be a different story. I would choose clear skin. I'd probably cheat and save a directory of my music library first though.

I'm sorry but I think that's ridiculous. Not everyone is on a mission to save the world. I get sick of this "selfish" nonsense. It's okay to be "selfish." Your life is FOR YOU to live! That's the reason you were born. I don't feel at all guilty that I would choose skin over the money so that I could live a good life. Loving yourself and wanting happiness for yourself does not make you a bad person.

#251 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:35 AM

I couldn't disagree more miss, you should re-read the original post. He  leaves it entirely open to interpetation, even mentioning that the money COULD be used to clear your skin. Major fail in reading comprehension :)

Edited by CBIOT13, 02 August 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#252 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

The word "or" generally implies one or the other. I'm not talking about what the OP said in the first post. I'm talking about the title of the thread. If you can have both, there is zero point to this discussion because almost everyone would choose to be rich and beautiful.

Edited by dejaclairevoyant, 02 August 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#253 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

You've got to know that's a flawed arguement. The title of a thread does not define the topic; the original post does. If you think that it is a poorly constrained discussion, that's your opinion and that's okay. But just realize that with over 250 posts in this thread some people must think it is worthy of debate.

#254 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

I hadn't read the OP in weeks so I forgot what was actually said. So after re-reading the OP, I would say that a better title for the thread would be, "Would you rather have a guarantee of clear skin for the rest of your life, or would you rather have a guarantee of riches for the rest of your life."

^This makes more sense because it allows you to have both. That's what I was missing. Sorry for misunderstanding. So, with these new rules in mind, I will answer that I would still honestly choose the clear skin for the rest of my life, just as long as it was 100 percent guaranteed. Money was never what was standing in the way of me having good skin. I spent thousands of dollars and still had acne, so being rich wouldn't help.

Edited by dejaclairevoyant, 02 August 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#255 CBIOT13

CBIOT13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

I agree with that. The biggest question is this: if we had unlimited funds and a team of scientists at our dispoal, do we think we could rid ourselves of acne? I think the answer to that is  a little different depending on who you ask.

#256 jessikur55

jessikur55

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Doctor Who♥ Lana del Rey♥ and finding a cure for my damn acne. </3

Achievements

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:31 AM

Clear skin! Screw the money, I want to be pretty!

#257 Binga

Binga

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

Even if you have the money you might not have clear skin and no happiness.

#258 kevindreed

kevindreed

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Beautiful skin!

#259 moodymoody

moodymoody

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

Clear skin..

#260 rolileisztner

rolileisztner

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Friends
    Girlfriend
    Cinema
    Food
    Gaming

Achievements

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

clear skin ;( i would do anything for it, its killing my life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users