Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest frogprince

Clear Skin Or 100 Million Dollars?

Clear Skin or 100 Million Dollars?   718 members have voted

1. 1. Clear Skin or 100 Million Dollars?

• Show Me the Money!
    • I want flawless, beautiful skin now babe!
    • I Don't Care!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

299 posts in this topic

I couldn't disagree more miss, you should re-read the original post. He leaves it entirely open to interpetation, even mentioning that the money COULD be used to clear your skin. Major fail in reading comprehension :)

1 person likes this

People never cease to amaze me. Some with their brilliance, others with their ignorance. eusa_think.gif

Here's A Few Acne.org Threads Of Mine You May Find Useful/Interesting (updated 7/25/13)

-- DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Toner

-- How to Ice Inflammed or Picked at Cysts

-- Milk of Magnesia Uses

Other Threads Worth Looking At

-- Oily Skin Research Thread: This shows some of our previous efforts and explains the mechanisms behind oily skin.

-- My failed but enlightening experiment going the "less is more" route, aka "The Caveman Routine"

The word "or" generally implies one or the other. I'm not talking about what the OP said in the first post. I'm talking about the title of the thread. If you can have both, there is zero point to this discussion because almost everyone would choose to be rich and beautiful.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

You've got to know that's a flawed arguement. The title of a thread does not define the topic; the original post does. If you think that it is a poorly constrained discussion, that's your opinion and that's okay. But just realize that with over 250 posts in this thread some people must think it is worthy of debate.

People never cease to amaze me. Some with their brilliance, others with their ignorance. eusa_think.gif

Here's A Few Acne.org Threads Of Mine You May Find Useful/Interesting (updated 7/25/13)

-- Milk of Magnesia Uses

-- Oily Skin Research Thread: This shows some of our previous efforts and explains the mechanisms behind oily skin.

-- My failed but enlightening experiment going the "less is more" route, aka "The Caveman Routine"

I hadn't read the OP in weeks so I forgot what was actually said. So after re-reading the OP, I would say that a better title for the thread would be, "Would you rather have a guarantee of clear skin for the rest of your life, or would you rather have a guarantee of riches for the rest of your life."

^This makes more sense because it allows you to have both. That's what I was missing. Sorry for misunderstanding. So, with these new rules in mind, I will answer that I would still honestly choose the clear skin for the rest of my life, just as long as it was 100 percent guaranteed. Money was never what was standing in the way of me having good skin. I spent thousands of dollars and still had acne, so being rich wouldn't help.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

I agree with that. The biggest question is this: if we had unlimited funds and a team of scientists at our dispoal, do we think we could rid ourselves of acne? I think the answer to that is a little different depending on who you ask.

-- Milk of Magnesia Uses

Clear skin! Screw the money, I want to be pretty!

Regime smile.png
-Clean and Clear Morning Burst (twice daily)
-Biore Exfoliator (nightly)
-Loreal Toner
-Garnier Frutis Gel Moisturizer for oily to combo skin
-First Aid Gel Moisturizer (2nd best)
-Fresh Moistuirizng Gel Lotion (for really bad days)

-Evening Primrose Oil Capsules
-Biotin capsules

Makeup:

-Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation (When I feel extra ugly/Special occasions)

-CoverFX Pressed Powder Foundation (With Kat Von D)

-Revlon ColorStay Pressed Powder foundation (When i feel ok)

-Revlong ColorStay Foundation (When I feel semi-ugly)

-Garnier Fruties BB Cream (When I feel pretty/lazy/giving up on life)

Failurisms--

-Tretnoin (Retin-A)
-Clindamycin
-Benzol Peroxide
-Doxycycline
-ANYTHING HOMEMADE
-Minocycline
-Lemon
-Cetaphyl Facial Soap
-American Dermatologist
-MURAD

Willing to try again--

Apple Cider Vinegar smile.png
My Dermatologist in Mexico Dr. Gonzalo Gonzalez
Ziana Cream at night (aka Retin-A Forte in Mexico)

Different birth control

Skin skin skin, no money!

Diet: Paleo, Anti-inflammatory diet: "Meat, Fish, Vegetables, some Fruit, ACV, Coconut Oil (since 26.06.2013)"

Avoid: "trans fats, all nuts, dairy ,eggs, soy, gluten free grains, gluten, legumes, nightshade vegetables"

Dietary Supplements: "none"

I used: "Epi Duo, Differin, 2x Accutane (first time - 130mg/kg 7 months, second time - 160mg/kg 9 months), Azelaic Acid, Erythromycin, Benzoyl Peroxide 10%, Clindamycin, Tetracycline, Tretinoin. - Doesn't work"

Life or money? silly question - of course i'd pick a life. Fuck the cancer - at least that shit does not ruin your life when you are young (usually). Acne is the most fucked disease. Of course we have others like leprosy or down syndrome?, but how many people have these, and how many are fucked up with acne?

XXI century god damn it, just die already, fuckin' b*tch

1 person likes this

id choose clear skin so i can leave my house confidently and enjoy life without worrying how the hell i look.

1 person likes this

I would rather have clear, perfect skin and an average salary than be wealthy and have severe acne. Also, spending more money doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get clear skin. Antibiotics work much better on me, and they're cheaper than the total amount of money me/my parents spent on topicals.

Current regime:

One tablet of Bactrim DS every night

Atralin every other night

Acanya every morning

Would I be allowed to make use of the money to fix my skin, or would my skin not be curable in this case?

Probably already replied to this, but money money money! I would pay for clear skin.

At the end of the day, we complain about acne now, but if we were clear we would find something else to dislike about ourselves. With money, would could get the best dermatologists, personal trainers, dietitians and have our hair and makeup done for us every day.

2 people like this

I would choose being healthy in general (not only acne) over 100 million. If we are talking only about acne, i don't think so.. it's difficult times we are living.

What clears my acne:

Spironolactone 100 mg + limiting dairy

indoxyl (duac) gel + aha + baby brush for comedones.

3hnd.jpg

Even if your acne is as bad as it gets, you should still take the money. Yeah, it'll suck having acne still but you'll have $100M. You can get plastic surgery if you wanted to, I don't know. But $100M > clear skin imo.

Clear skin would make me feel like a million bucks.
What's better than that?

100 million bucks

1 person likes this

100 million dollars = dream come true

Boom clear skin = dream come true

Hard decision considering my acne is on the border of moderate and severe but I would have to choose the money.

I could buy the house of my dreams, car of my dreams, do the things I only dream about. Plus I could actually buy clear skin. Like buy a better diet, less stress, better lifestyle, best acne medicine etc!!!

Dang, what an old thread.

Well, at this point money. Money would buy a nice vacation, pay off debt, a new computer, maybe some botox lol tongue.png