Photo

Scar Free....Finally....Almost!

boxcar icepick co2 dermabrasion subcision microdermabrasion needling tca red mark

102 replies to this topic

#81 butterflies74

butterflies74

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE(Pocket Aces @ May 23 2006, 04:41 PM) View Post

Rupert,

Can you clear up something? If Isolagen is your own cells cultured how is it different from just removing cells like from the back of your ear (like how they are extracted in skin grafts) and injecting them? Would it have the same results.

Colin, they DO take your own cells from behind your ear! They send the sample to a lab and clone it; it's kinda the same, but they can clone a large amount to use perpetually as opposed to just having the one sample to use immediately before the tissue dies. Brilliant, yet simple.

#82 coolbreeze22

coolbreeze22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:32 PM

What butterflies says is correct. In dermal grafts, skin behind the ear is abraded till the dermis and everything including collagen is grafted into the scars. Isolagen is one step ahead of this. The skin cells from the donor site are sent to the lab and fibroblasts ( collagen producing cells ) are isolated from that and harvested in the lab. The lab sends them back to the doctor in the form of injections which need to be administered in some stipulated time ( 48-72 hrs. I guess ). Lab can store fibroblasts of many patients ( just like blood bank ) for future use. So, it is more involved and logistic intensive process.
It would be a great, permanent filler but am not sure if it would work so well for severe or deep scarring. Deep scars still need to be excised before.

#83 Simply_Me

Simply_Me

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE(coolbreeze22 @ May 23 2006, 03:32 PM) View Post

What butterflies says is correct. In dermal grafts, skin behind the ear is abraded till the dermis and everything including collagen is grafted into the scars. Isolagen is one step ahead of this. The skin cells from the donor site are sent to the lab and fibroblasts ( collagen producing cells ) are isolated from that and harvested in the lab. The lab sends them back to the doctor in the form of injections which need to be administered in some stipulated time ( 48-72 hrs. I guess ). Lab can store fibroblasts of many patients ( just like blood bank ) for future use. So, it is more involved and logistic intensive process.
It would be a great, permanent filler but am not sure if it would work so well for severe or deep scarring. Deep scars still need to be excised before.

hrms... so is this method like safe for sensitive prior accutane skin patients? how about for people like me who has light shallow acne scars that look like freckles from a far..., ice picks, boxcars, n etc.

#84 butterflies74

butterflies74

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2006 - 12:18 PM

You should PM Rupert & Zombie, being as they've had it & would be better able to answer your questions. I do think it's notoriously hard to "fill" ice picks irrespective of what filler you're using.

#85 Rupert

Rupert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:29 PM

p.s. Your future guests demand strumpets for breakfast. No doubt you can oblige as you've dozens of those lying about your flat on any given morning... eusa_angel.gif Bad boy!

I think you mean crumpets my dear, not strumpets. Strumpet is a woman adulterer. Thats what would happen if the married BrokenFlower came to stay. lol (joke)

Alas, Dr Chu works from Hammersmith Hospital in London. I don't live anywhere near London. However my sister who is currently working in Singapore keeps saying I can use her flat in London. I'd have to have you all round at the same time. Some isolagen bonding time. The injections just aren't paniful BTW. CHewy was going round injecting me and we just discussed shares and slagged off various people. It was great!

You should PM Rupert & Zombie, being as they've had it & would be better able to answer your questions. I do think it's notoriously hard to "fill" ice picks irrespective of what filler you're using.

ice picks are the easiest to correct of all scar types IMO. punch excision - easy, simple.

#86 butterflies74

butterflies74

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:39 PM

Rupert,
I KNOW - I was TRYING to be funny. doubt.gif Is there ANYTHING more tedious than explaining a joke?

p.s. I have a place to stay in London, but that WOULD be fun if we were all there together! I'm planning on late this summer....

#87 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:03 PM

All i have to say is...Rupert dry sense of humor cracks me up... lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif ..and his isologen/cute lil face looks great, too!!!

BTW Rupert...my fight arrives 8am Friday....do be prompt in picking me up...kthnxbye

IPB Imagejust incase you didn't get it...bwahahaaaaa....... razz.gif ***runs and hides****

#88 Rupert

Rupert

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(BroKenFloWer @ May 25 2006, 03:03 AM) View Post

All i have to say is...Rupert dry sense of humor cracks me up... lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif ..and his isologen/cute lil face looks great, too!!!

BTW Rupert...my fight arrives 8am Friday....do be prompt in picking me up...kthnxbye

IPB Imagejust incase you didn't get it...bwahahaaaaa....... razz.gif ***runs and hides****

evil.gif evil.gif No more Mr Nice Guy Brokenflower. You get your lil c0ck teasing strumpet American ass over here right now so me and Dr Chu can double team you.

(joke) lol.gif

Rupert,
I KNOW - I was TRYING to be funny. doubt.gif Is there ANYTHING more tedious than explaining a joke?

p.s. I have a place to stay in London, but that WOULD be fun if we were all there together! I'm planning on late this summer....

DOHHH! Sorry butterflies, I HATE it when I have to explain my jokes to my old man when he takes them at face value. Sorry - I guess I'm getting old. As for London, it would be great for us all to meet up and do all the tourist things. Get the injections done in the morning then London Dungeons in the afternoon. The injections are a doddle and cos they are in saline solution your skin is totally flat afterwards. eusa_dance.gif Good excuse to go out.

#89 crzyakta

crzyakta

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:check me out on myspace:<br /><br />www.myspace.com/crzyakta

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:35 AM

bump

#90 Guest_delta force operators_*

Guest_delta force operators_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

does anyone know a doc in southern california that does this

#91 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

bump

#92 mrnegative

mrnegative

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

This whole thread is insane. The original poster sounds like he's likely spent well over $20,000 dollars on trying to remove acne scars. 

#93 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

This whole thread is insane. The original poster sounds like he's likely spent well over $20,000 dollars on trying to remove acne scars. 

lol actually 7 grand which is still alot. weird thing is no one seems to perform this incision technique

#94 austra

austra

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

I always thought incision and excision are the same thing, but maybe I'm wrong. Seems very confusing anyway. I don't think there is such a thing as a "punch incision" and it is some kind of a misunderstanding.

This was still an interesting read. I always like reading posts of users who've gone through several different treatments over the years and can tell how they worked in the long term. Although I'm not sure how well this last treatment worked out for OP in the end. It would seem logical to me that the results might be transitory and disappear once the skin stretches over time to more how it used to be before the face-lift effect of the incisions, but I don't know.

Edited by austra, 21 June 2013 - 06:28 AM.

#95 mrnegative

mrnegative

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

Maybe it's realistic for some people to spend thousands of dollars on uncertain treatments, but I'd argue it's not the common sense move for most. Having said this, acceptance might be a bit of a cheaper option and people should really gauge how badly they have it before jumping into these sorts of gambles. This is unless, of course, you've been born in a crib made of solid gold. 

#96 Hiddy Cheeks

Hiddy Cheeks

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

Maybe it's realistic for some people to spend thousands of dollars on uncertain treatments, but I'd argue it's not the common sense move for most. Having said this, acceptance might be a bit of a cheaper option and people should really gauge how badly they have it before jumping into these sorts of gambles. This is unless, of course, you've been born in a crib made of solid gold. 

Yeah dude, I'm starting to think more and more that acceptance is the way to go, it's just getting there that's hard.  

#97 Perseverance92

Perseverance92

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind it doesn't matters.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:32 AM

Why don't people opt for laser removal of scars? Isn't it effective?  I mean in my city you could probably get rid of scars by a laser therapy and it would only cost you around Rs.3000 ( 60$ ) for every 1 sitting. ...Cheap!

#98 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:24 PM

Why don't people opt for laser removal of scars? Isn't it effective?  I mean in my city you could probably get rid of scars by a laser therapy and it would only cost you around Rs.3000 ( 60$ ) for every 1 sitting. ...Cheap!

dude lasers wont do shit for deep scarring( ice pick, box scar or deep rolling scars) laser is just for superficial scars

#99 no_hope

no_hope

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

bump

#100 blahblah82

blahblah82

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

How is it even possible to revive this old post?  I thought everything old was archived.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users