Photo

Scar Free....Finally....Almost!

boxcar icepick co2 dermabrasion subcision microdermabrasion needling tca red mark

102 replies to this topic

#41 GuardedlyOptimistic

GuardedlyOptimistic

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE(Capshaw @ Jun 26 2005, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE(GuardedlyOptimistic @ Jun 26 2005, 04:53 PM)
but the price shouldn't be a problem, should it?

View Post

About $7,000.

View Post

I would like to sincerely thank-you for posting the price. It's quite a bit more pricy than a dermabrasion isn't it? But, you found it to be better. Is it good for box scars or icepics only?
---------------------
God, give me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And,
The Wisdom to know the Difference....

Peace..
Guardedly Optimistic

#42 Capshaw

Capshaw

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE(Craigems @ Jun 26 2005, 11:08 PM)
I also would like to know, why do people have to private message you on information that should be readily available for all. Its not a scam your trying to hold on us all.... so why be so with-holding on free information.

Also keep the posts less personal attacking please. I hope i see no more of it.

View Post

Hi Craig, I have my reasons about not posting particulars on the doctors or prices on the board. They are good, valid reasons. My point was to hopefully help others in explaining this procedure and how it helped, what it was like, the recovery and downtime, who makes a good candidate for it, and so forth, while at the same time offer to provide information via PM. Obviously, that's not enough for some people so I'm not going to continue posting about the procedure...I'm not going to return to this board or check this thread again. Thank the people who thought personal attacks were more important than the interest of others. I wish you all well.

#43 Guest_Craigems_*

Guest_Craigems_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:25 AM

goodbye.

#44 jenfen

jenfen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:23 PM

This was a really weird thread. eusa_think.gif I sometimes worry that my doctor may read these types of, sites because i know of some that do. But, if I only had positive things to say I wouldnt mind saying the name of the doctor and price.

Maybe capshaw thought we would rush his doctors and he would have to wait longer for an appointment. How selfish!!! Hee lol.gif

#45 Guest_delta force operators_*

Guest_delta force operators_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE(Capshaw @ Jun 17 2005, 04:29 AM)
Hi,

I'm really new here, but I thought I'd share some info to (hopefully) perk some spirits up!

I've had acne scars for about 8 years or so. Most of them were rolling a few boxcar and a smattering of icepicks all over my cheeks. I was so depressed about 3 years ago I thought about ending it...and came pretty darn close.

Here's all the procedures I've had in the past 6 years:

Microdermabrasion (did nothing)
Subcision (short lived results)
Needling (had this done the same time as the subcisions)
Co2 laser (hated it)
Smoothbeam (did nothing)
Fillers (Zplast, Radiance, it's all faded now)
Punch Grafts (helped with boxcar, but rolling was not treated)
Dermabrasion (full face, helped a little)
Jessner's Peels (4 of them)
More Punch Grafts (helped a little)

And guess what? None of those treatments made much of a difference except for maybe the last 3....I still looked hideous in most lighting.

Finally I got to that point again where I felt like ending it all and I decided to try the most scary thing of all. I thought I might as well...what did I have to lose? So, I had the scars surgically removed one by one (except the icepicks. I'm working on that) and 3 linear scars that are mild and the result of Co2 laser. The ones I had surgically removed were the boxcars and rolling ones. They were incised not excised. My whole face was full of tiny stitches....36 of them in all!

I was really unhappy the first 3 months of healing. I thought I'd created a monster and I was freaked. But over time about 8 months I noticed that everthing was working out. Here was the KEY because so much skin was removed (in tiny parts), it made my skin tighter which I KNOW if you've ever pulled your skin tight you can see many of your scars flatten out and appear to disappear. It was an added bonus. I just wish I would've done it sooner.

I had to get rid of all the little red marks from the stitches. So I started off with some light peels and then had another Jessner's. That was in January. Now, I am basically scar free except for the *&(#@$ icepicks and linears. My skin texture went from a rippley effect to a muuuch smoother one I think because of all the peels and the stitches pulling the skin tighter. I did TCA Cross twice in March and it didn't do much. I'm hoping I can find a doctor who can do it. But so far the ones I've consulted with always push for "full face" peels.

My skin is by no means "perfect". After all these years and so many treatments I finally have HOPE and I'm not so insecure. I don't feel like hiding. I can actually look people in the eye which may not sound like much but to me that's huge progress.

I'd say I have about 90-95% improvement because I only have about a dozen tiny icepicks left and the linear scars are very mild, the dermabrasion helped to soften them. Keep in mind it took me 8 long years of failed treatments to finally figure out what to do. I'm actually thankful I became so hopefully desperate or else I would have never had the nerve to have the scars surgically removed.

View Post

dictionary.com

incision-A cut into a body tissue or organ, especially one made during surgery.
The scar resulting from such a cut

#46 Guest_delta force operators_*

• Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 June 2005 - 03:26 PM

wait this doesnt make sense
if a incision is to cut into the tissue than a
excision is when the scar is cut out and stiched up
did she mean excision

#47 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(delta force operators @ Jun 27 2005, 03:26 PM)
wait this doesnt make sense
if a incision is to cut into the tissue than a
excision is when the scar is cut out and stiched up
did she mean excision

View Post

Hi Delta,

I had this procedure a few weeks ago and there is a BIG difference between incision and excision. Basically, an excision cuts out the scar. Whereas an incision is merely an opening to LIFT the scar. If you can think of it this way....the cut is just a slit to allow the doctor to "get in there." Once he's "in there," he lifts the deeper layers and sutures them to the upper layers. Hence, evening out the depressed scar. I know it can sound confusing, but it's really not.

Kiki
BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT SELF-INJECTING DERMAL FILLERS, PLEASE READ THIS POST, HERE..

#48 Guest_delta force operators_*

• Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:42 PM

hey great someone else is doing this
how are ur results..what type of scars did u get done

#49 Mikey

Mikey

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:54 PM

does anybody ever heard of this procedure??

#50 GuardedlyOptimistic

GuardedlyOptimistic

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:01 PM

Whoa, Capshaw, what happened. Why are you getting mad? Eek.
---------------------
And,

Peace..
Guardedly Optimistic

#51 AmoALaura

AmoALaura

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(L0VE @ Jun 28 2005, 12:08 AM)

Hi Delta,

I had this procedure a few weeks ago and there is a BIG difference between incision and excision. Basically, an excision cuts out the scar. Whereas an incision is merely an opening to LIFT the scar. If you can think of it this way....the cut is just a slit to allow the doctor to "get in there." Once he's "in there," he lifts the deeper layers and sutures them to the upper layers. Hence, evening out the depressed scar. I know it can sound confusing, but it's really not.

Kiki

View Post

It sounds like punch float. ¿?

#52 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:01 PM

Well guys/gals,

It most certainly is not a Punch Float! I had those last year and 1 more in May. Trust me...Punch Incisions are different than Punch Floats....and they're definitely different than Excisions.

Dr. Yarborough is who I go to for all my procedures. I don't know the cost because I had other treatments at the same time. I don't think it's expensive though....probably a little more than a Punch Float, which is currently $60 per scar. Though, the best thing would be to call his office and ask the exact cost. For all I know, it varies depending on the size and type of the scar. I have to agree with "Capshaw" about getting fixated on the cost. Just pick up the phone and ask a doctor of your choice.

I can't tell you the final result yet because I'm only about 4+ weeks post-op, but so far, I think the treatment has the potential of marked improvement in the end.

Kiki
BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION ABOUT SELF-INJECTING DERMAL FILLERS, PLEASE READ THIS POST, HERE..

#53 amnesiac

amnesiac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:11 PM

love- so you did this with dr.y?

Do you have to do any after treatment with this?? like dermabrasion or whatnot??

The significant problems we face in life cannot be solved with the same state of mind we created them.

#54 GuardedlyOptimistic

GuardedlyOptimistic

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:05 PM

I would also like to know this. I've heard such wonderful things about Dr. Y that i'm definitely considering going to see him. He seems to be the expert on scar revision. I am scared of laser resurfacing.

Please tell me more about your experience with Dr. Y?
---------------------
And,

Peace..
Guardedly Optimistic

#55 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:01 PM

Amnesiac and Guarded,

The best thread about Dr.Y is 62 pages long and located here:
http://www.acne.org/...=ST&f=7&t=24409

Several procedures are discussed. I hope that helps.

I'm not sure what the next step is for me. I won't know until my next appointment. If after you read (or browse through) the aforementioned thread, you can send Dr.Y an "Introduction Letter." In fact, his office recommends you do so prior to scheduling an appointment. Here's how it goes....

Send in photos, a letter, and contact information. He will phone you. The rest is up to you.

Kiki

#56 new_guy1

new_guy1

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:05 PM

Hi Kiki,

Are these incisions that you had to correct the additional ice pick scarring you received as result of your dermabrasion? Are incisions only used to treat ice pick scarring? Can you use this method to treat rolling scars?

QUOTE(L0VE @ Jun 28 2005, 06:01 PM)
Amnesiac and Guarded,

I'm not sure what the next step is for me. I won't know until my next appointment. If after you read (or browse through) the aforementioned thread, you can send Dr.Y an "Introduction Letter." In fact, his office recommends you do so prior to scheduling an appointment. Here's how it goes....

Send in photos, a letter, and contact information. He will phone you. The rest is up to you.

Kiki

View Post

#57 GuardedlyOptimistic

GuardedlyOptimistic

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 June 2005 - 02:54 PM

Hi Love,

Thank you so much. I can't wait to send him a letter. But, I finished accutane only 3 months ago so I have to wait a while still.
Thank you very much though,
All the best,
GO

QUOTE(L0VE @ Jun 28 2005, 10:01 AM)
Amnesiac and Guarded,

Kiki

View Post

---------------------
And,

Peace..
Guardedly Optimistic

#58 L0VE

L0VE

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(new_guy1 @ Jun 28 2005, 02:05 PM)
Hi Kiki,  Are these incisions that you had to correct the additional ice pick scarring you received as result of your dermabrasion?  Are incisions only used to treat ice pick scarring?  Can you use this method to treat rolling scars?

Well, I don't *think* any of the scars were icepicks. They were too large and odd shaped to meet that classification. I believe they were rolling and boxcars. Anyone considering incisions should weigh the option very carefully because you'll probably need some secondary treatment to remove the little marks left over by the sutures. And before anyone asks, I do NOT know what that secondary treatment would be. It could be a spot dermabrasion, laser, dermaplaning, chemical peels....I just don't have a clue. Every case is different.

#59 amnesiac

amnesiac

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2005 - 01:19 AM

thanks for all the info kiki, i wish you the best.
The significant problems we face in life cannot be solved with the same state of mind we created them.

#60 kooky

kooky

Intelligent Posts: 11

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:43 PM

It is interesting to me that this has provided "90-95%" improvement on Capshaw and yet there is virtually no information on the web about this procedure and only one other poster (L0ve) that is getting this done. I mean if it's so great, why isn't there more people getting this done for their scars? I guess the long down time and finding someone that can do it are a couple of issues. Has anyone out there in scar land looked any further into this procedure or have considered getting this done? Has anyone talked to Dr. Y about this procedure? I may give him a call to find out more about it. I've emailed my derm about it and she has never heard of this for acne scars. She said it's a very common procedure in hair transplantation.

C'mon all you lurkers that have any info ... fess up eusa_angel.gif
Give a man a fish; feed him for a day. Teach a man how to use the internet, and he'll leave you alone for at least a couple of weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users