Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

protein and acne

21 posts in this topic

Whey is a milk derivative, it could well inflame your acne. That being said, I take a ton of it every day, and my skin is clearer now than it ever was when I didn't. I know the whey hasn't actually made my skin better, other factors have contributed to that, however even when taking alot I don't think it causes my acne to be any worse than it would be anyway.

Frankly, even if whey was causing an occasional pimple here or there for me the benefits would seem to far outweigh the harm. At this point in my life I have bad skin, hopefully it'll go away soon, and when it does I'll be alot happier if I've spent the time improving the rest of my body.

j

Those protein supplements are prob synthetic and who knows what sources they come from. You shouldnt drink milk, its not made for Humans to consume and it doesnt even help your bones. Natural Orange Juice has more Vitamin C and Calcium than Milk and its naturally healthy for you. We dont sit hear drinking breast milk so why are we drinking breast milk basically from a cow... Its hard for the body anyway, thats why alot of people today are having problems with milk and also because they put chemicals into the milk and they pasturize it, and put growth hormones into the cows to blow them up.

Im telling everyone this because I want to see if anyone will actually do it. But maybe you should try going to bed early, around 9pm and wake at 6. Drink alot of natural orange juice and natural spring water (8-10 glasses a day)...

If you want more

Check out my board Natural Cures

i like drinking milk. It agrees with me. As for natural spring water, maybee if your living in mexico

I live In canada where its Ok to drink from the tap.

Is there any concrete evidence to show that protein supplements such a whey worsen acne?  Experiences anyone?

i like drinking milk. It agrees with me. As for natural spring water, maybee if your living in mexico

I live In canada where its Ok to drink from the tap.

Yea its okay here to drink tap water as well, its not entirly good for you though, there are some places and most all tap water has some or very little chemicals in it.  There are areas that have Chlorinated and Flouride in the tap which isnt good for you body not saying that yours does.  But I have checked the ph of these waters and natural spring water is better for you. But your tap water maybe okay but drink alot it anyway, you want to flush the body.  Sleep, do that as well as I said, try it out, see what happens...

Anything thats been modified you shouldnt eat. If you cant read that food label ingridients and there is a lot of stuff on there that have un natural chemicals in it. Try to eat and drink natural as possible.

you can easily test whether this diet works for you too by maintaining

the free Acne Sample Diet during two weeks.

About 90% of acne patients can eliminate their acne by adapting their diet, in the remaining 10% of acne patients the levels of specific hormones are too much elevated and can cause acne all by themselves.

stillNotGetNnE must live in a bubble... please, the human body is pretty tough and all the chemicals the communists have put in our water won't kill us.

Protein - including large amounts - does not make acne worse. If anything, it helps your body (skin) repair itself when acne wrecks havoc. If you see bodybuilders with cystic acne all over their body - they're on steroids - the extra protein they consume does not cause it.

Oh, and drink milk, unless you prefer stillNotGetNnE's osteopetrosis diet.

There's no shortage of terrible dietary advice in this place...

stillNotGetNnE must live in a bubble... please, the human body is pretty tough and all the chemicals the communists have put in our water won't kill us.

Protein - including large amounts - does not make acne worse. If anything, it helps your body (skin) repair itself when acne wrecks havoc. If you see bodybuilders with cystic acne all over their body - they're on steroids - the extra protein they consume does not cause it.

Were there drugs in the begining of time, no.

----------------------------------

No offence but don't you see the faulty logic in that statement?

Floride and Chlorine....

--------------------------

Yes, your body does fight against these chemicals. Yes, they are in safe amounts(In fact many many times less than the tolerable ceiling). No, the gov't isn't working with evil chemical producers in this because the cost of health care on society for harming large parts of the population outweighs everything else.

The FDA has determined that many chemicals are for "external use only" because they can kill you if you eat them. But what you put on your skin ends up in your body. Do you get it?

--------------------------------------

Apparently not. There must be some new boilogical science offshoot that I'm not getting because it's not as simple as you are making it out to be.

I'm not even going to get into your sunscreen argument because it's so rediculous it makes me angry. Literally angry. When people spew shit that only hurts themselves, fine. When impressionable minds may follow thier crap it really gets to me.

I will say that there is no natural sunscreen that is full spectrum. Sorry.

The argument of synthetic vs. natural is retarded when you make generalizations. For instance many beauty products with natural preservatives only are more harmful because these preservatives don't really do shit after a short period of time. Another example is sunscreen(I won't even get into how dangerous that argument is).

Yes, your body does fight against these chemicals. Yes, they are in safe amounts(In fact many many times less than the tolerable ceiling). No, the gov't isn't working with evil chemical producers in this because the cost of health care on society for harming large parts of the population outweighs everything else.

The FDA has determined that many chemicals are for "external use only" because they can kill you if you eat them. But what you put on your skin ends up in your body. Do you get it?

Theres no such thing as a safe amount, over time the side effects will take place. You havent read what I have read, you have talken to people who know the truth about this country. I have read books, with people who have people die from disease that are so called not curable and they have cures.

Would you drink Chlorine staight up? No you would not because it can kill you. Any drug, prescribed or not, if you take alot you will die. Its common sence. There are side effects to drugs and chemicals. The main disease killer is prescription and non prescription drugs. Once people have a side effect, they want to get another drug to cover that one up. The drug companies have directly marketed to TV so that people will say HEY I have those symptoms, I want that drug. Its all about money and power, they dont care about the results. There have been many drugs out there that have been released and said they work, no side effects and few years down the road say OH it causes cancer, so we'll take it off and they dont care, it just makes them big money. They will just get another drug to sell. Its a profitable industry and its killing people.

The drug industrys dont care about the peoples health.

Apparently not. There must be some new boilogical science offshoot that I'm not getting because it's not as simple as you are making it out to be.

IT is very simple. Drugs were not around and they shouldnt be around only for emergency situations only. But drugs will never be able to cure a chronic degerative disease. They want to make cancer a hypertention, like Diabetes so they can treat and manage it but not cure it, they want people on drugs for the rest of your life. They dont care.

I'm not even going to get into your sunscreen argument because it's so rediculous it makes me angry. Literally angry. When people spew shit that only hurts themselves, fine. When impressionable minds may follow thier crap it really gets to me.

Im glad it makes you angry because its true. Im not have an impressionable mind thank you. I had cancer when I was 14 and I had to go through those horrible chemicals, chemo and radiation. I know people who have gone through things and are very smart about certain things that the FDA do. People arent living longer like they say, there just saying that to get people to believe drugs are working when their not. The same about of People are dying of cancer as in 1950s. They are not changing their approach. And its growing. Everyone is getting a disease.

You wont get it anyway, your one that has made up your mind and thinks you know everything. But I have gone through alot in my life and seen alot of things. Dont tell me what I know as fact and research is not.

Our bodies are not missing drugs or chemicals or sythetic vitamins. Our bodys are missing nutrition, water, and sleep.

They will never be able to cure any disease but manage and treat it. But there are cures and there being supressed by out presious government because its all about the money and power. They will go in a destroy companies that make harmless natural products, with guns drawn and destroy the product. They do it all around and they are trying to eliminate all natural cures. If you dont want to believe it fine, done. Your loss. Its your opinion.

They say only a drug can cure, treat, or prevent disease. But that is so bullshit that Its not funny. They do that so that when harmless herbs and natural cures do come along, they destroy there company saying that they are selling a drug without a liscenes and do you know how much it is to sell a drug, 800,000 dollars. Who has that money. When its not a drug at all, and they speak the truth. What the FDA is doing and what the public things its doing is not up for discussion. What there doing is wrong. And they will be stopped one day. In 10-20 years, This country will look back at how little we knew of disease. Everyone will be healthy and youthful. The problems people want to eat the way they want to eat and live the way they want to live and the only time they are willing to change anything is when they get a disease. I know so much its not funny.

But like I said, its your opinion.

Let me jump on this thread in hopes to stop the crap which stillNotGetNnE is saying.

You said it yourself, stillNotGetNnE,

Any drug, prescribed or not, if you take alot you will die.

I would like to know more about this idea of sleep as a cure. Sleep is certainly good for you (we've known this for ages, hence the phrase "beauty rest"), but is it really the times of between 10PM and 2AM (or whatever hours you said previously), or just within certain segments of your sleep, or does it really have to do with the amount of light outside.

Exactly! If you take enough of anything you die. While you may ingest a poisonous amount of chlorine over your lifetime (or even a shorter amount of time), it will never be in a high enough concentration at any given time to kill you unless you have some allergic reaction. The small amounts of chlorine you drink from tap water hurt you far less than Yellow Fever, from unsanitized water, could. I commend you for being strong enough to survive cancer, especially at such a young age (I'm only slightly older, and I couldn't even imagine going through that), but without chemotherapy you most likely would not have survived. Modern medicine and chemicals have certainly lengthened the life expectancy of people. Is it easier to endure the side effects of pharmaceuticals or die of the some plague?

Wow! Do you have any support for your arguments other than an infomercial?

I know everyone who has acne doesnt go to bed right.

Im not arguing, and its not just from infomercials, Ive read books and I have talked to people. You can say they may not be credible but Natural Cures and natural living overrides drugs and chemicals.

To some people treating and managing would be improving but the drugs and chemicals cause problems down the road and then they will get more drugs to cover those symptoms, its just a never ending road.

I know what FDA and FTC stand for. No But they are government angecies. The FDA is one of the most powerful orginizations in the country. They act as judge, jury, and executioner and raid companies unannounced to seize and destroy products such as bread, herbal remedies, vitamins, and minerals, computers, files, research data, and equipment. They do these raids with armed agents with guns drawn. They seize harmless products, with no customer or consumer complaints, and without warning. In the end its an agency that approves drugs and make billions of dollars doing it.

You cant tell people that what Im saying has little basis, you dont know what I know. So unless you have talked with people I have talked to, read what I have read and watched what I have watched, you really cant say much. Im trying to help people here. Its my opinion and beliefs. But you cant really say that what Im saying has little to no truth to it.

Everyone I know that has acne doesnt sleep right. And just because you went to bed at 10pm a "few weeks ago" doesnt mean anything. You need to continue doing it and if you use anything on your face, you wont see anything change. Sleep is natural, no drugs, no money, its natural. How long and many days did you sleep that way and dont life, be truthful. Because depending on how much crap your body has in it, and your overall life of health from a child will determine the rate at which your acne clears. You cant just do it a couple nights or a week and expect a miracle. Your body has to heal from all the damage that has been done. It should take 4-6 weeks of consistantly going to bed at and before 10pm. But you should also be eating healthy foods as well which im sure alot of acne sufferers do. So if you want to prove me wrong, go ahead and try it. Go to bed at 930 for 4-6 weeks and then come back and tell me, if your face is still the same then I will shut up about sleep. But you have to stop putting crap on your face too. And if you do put stuff on your face, it can take up to a month to get that crap out of your system so you would probably have to do it twice as long. Because all the crap i put on my face, when I stopped that, it too a month for my face to stop being red, it got overall better and the acne didnt bother me really anymore as in redness and irritation. But if you want to prove me wrong, do it.

You could be completely right, but you do not present yourself that way, and you need to cite people instead of just saying, "people I know and books I've read."

I was going to bed at or before 10PM every night for about 9 months because I had school, and my acne was no better then than it is now.

You could be completely right, but you do not present yourself that way, and you need to cite people instead of just saying, "people I know and books I've read."

I was going to bed at or before 10PM every night for about 9 months because I had school, and my acne was no better then than it is now.

Whey and creatine both screwed me over really good.