Photo

Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment(1.5% Salicylic Acid)

vitamin b vitamin b5 vitamin a red mark

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pat07

Pat07

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2003 - 09:17 AM

Has anyone here tried this Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment (1.5% Saliclyic Acid lotion)?

If so, how often do you use it and what other products do you use? I was using a regimen of BP lotion only (but I still broke out a bit), then a regimen of this Multi-Vitamin lotion only (but I still broke out a bit), and now I want to try using BP for Mornings and this Sal-Acid for Evenings to try and get the "best" from using both??...But I've always read not to have both BP and Sal Acid in the same regimen?? Is that your experience too.

Here are the Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (1.5%)
Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, PPG-14 Butyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-20, Grape Extract, Kiwi Fruit Extract, Honey Extract, Oat Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bisabolol, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Red #40

Here are the box's claims:
Clears acne and reduces red marks from past breakouts.
Highly-Effective, Acne Fighting Ingredient used by dermatologists to help eliminate and prevent future pimples and blackheads.
Vitamins A, E and Pro-vitamin B5 to fight damage to skin and help restore healthy-looking skin.
Natural Fruit Extracts to reduce the marks from old blemishes, even out blotchiness, and reveal a clearer, smoother complexion.

More of the box's claims:
Effectively controls acne and improves the appearance of skin:
Improved overall complexion (clear improvement in 2 weeks)
Improved skin clarity (clear improvement in 4 weeks)
Improved skin texture (clear improvement in 2 weeks)
Even out blotchy skin tones (clear improvement in 8 weeks)
Smoother skin (clear improvement in 2 weeks)

The over-the-counter product comes in a 2.5 FL OZ pump for about $5.
http://store6.yimg.com/I/healthchemist-au_1727_530712

Dan mentioned this product in another thread: http://acne.org/mess...a51bffc7889886e and I'm interested in others' experience. I am not recommending this lotion to others, but please share your thoughts if you have used it or are using it! I've read that a Regimen with Sal Acid and BP is a no-no, but I want to hear about people's experiences. Thanks.

#2 Mitternacht

Mitternacht

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2003 - 12:16 PM

I think most people stay away from SA/BP because of the burning it can cause. I use them both (although I apply the BP a couple hours after SA lol) And no burning for me when I do that.

I'd say give a try and experiment. But take it easy at first to test it out.

#3 nessa

nessa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2003 - 02:19 PM

Hi :D
Personally i can't use both salicylic acid and BP at the same time as I just get toooo dry. I actually have better results with sal acid on its own than with BP, but if you wanna use both then I guess give it a try for a while and see what happens cos only you'll know if its right for you.
My sister has moderate acne but her skin is REALLY tolerant to stuff. She washes with Neutrogena Acne Wash, uses 5%BP, then moisturisers with the Multi-Vit treatment (this is morning AND night) and her skin has never looked better, so id definitly give it a try.
Ive tried the multi-vit treatment myself but it made me ITCH SOOOOO bad. It didn't redden or sting but the itching was unbearable, so I didn't use it for very long to see if it had much effect or not.

Good luck :-

#4 bern

bern

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2003 - 12:39 AM

Hey there,

I've been using this product for about 2-3 weeks now and my face looks a LOT better. However I was using this product at both morning and night which I believe is too much, and recently started to give me a few breakouts. I have been off the product for a week and haven't had a breakout since.

I think do as the product suggests, just use it in the morning or just at night. I personally think the morning is better, your skin needs to heal naturally at night, best to leave it alone! I am now going to slowly start using this product again, because of how it's cleared up red marks from past breakouts and improved my skin tone greatly. Just don't overuse it like I did, maybe once a day or once every two days maximum. At the end of the day, despite my overuse of the product and the few breakouts it gave me, it has improved my skin nicely, I do recommend it.

Hope this helps.

#5 caline

caline

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2003 - 01:44 PM

How well did it work on your red marks? How soon? I'm thinking of giving it a go...

Please write back ASAP

caline O:)

#6 queensdawg

queensdawg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2003 - 04:01 PM

also.. do u apply moisturizer over it ?

#7 scary lion

scary lion

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2003 - 05:50 PM

Has anyone tried this...

Posted Image

#8 New to Acne.org

New to Acne.org

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 May 2003 - 06:12 PM

Surely thats the same stuff, only the UK version right? I used the stuff a while ago and I remember it having a positive effect on scars etc.. But I can't remember whether I was using BP then or whether my skin was good at the time, so I can't recommend whether to use it or not. I've since steered clear of it because I've found out about SA/BP but I'm willing to give it another try seen as though you all like it so much.

I've been on the regimen a couple of weeks and my skin is clearing up nicely. I'm not sticking to the regimen exactly, I'm only putting BP in the morning (no moisturiser) and then moisturiser at night (no BP). My skin feels to greasy when I apply moisturiser along with BP in the morning. Without the moisturiser my skin doesn't feel too dry so I leave it out.

I still have a few pimples left over from my last breakout, which was quite bad over my cheek on one side. I think it is looking better though and I've had noticeably less new ones appear since, only a couple a week. I went out at the weekend and got so drunk I didn't wash when I got home. Thankfully I had a great long nights sleep and my skin felt great the next day. Sleep really does matter doesn't it?