6 replies to this topic

#1 tommy_boi

tommy_boi

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:58 PM

Ive just put a ice cube on this one cystic red big lump i have for around 5mins and ive noticed it's gone down in size quite a bit, so maybe you guys could try this when you have a cystic red lump, has anyone tried this before.?

tommy boi's regimen

• Exfoliate: Exfoliating Gloves
  • Cleanse: Pears Soap
  • Moisturise: Johnson's Baby Moisturising Cream / Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream
  • Treat: Sudocrem / Try Not To Pick
  • Milk Intake: No More Milk As From 19th/June/2013

*Clear Skin Status 95% Overall [Face And Neck]*

UPDATED 9TH/OCTOBER/2013

- - - Just body acne left now, which i am going to try and battle more than ever from now on - - -

#2 chris_23

chris_23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(Tom0984 @ May 18 2005, 07:58 PM)
Ive just put a ice cube on this one cystic red big lump i have for around 5mins and ive noticed it's gone down in size quite a bit, so maybe you guys could try this when you have a cystic red lump, has anyone tried this before.?

View Post

Yeah I do this all the time. I'll pop a zit then ice the bump so it doesnt swell. Seems to work well.

#3 Antony

Antony

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:21 PM

LOL I thought this was gonna be about Ice Cube rapping about cystic acne. If you ask me the only thing worse than cystic acne is sitting through that new xXx movie. Damn that shit is shit.

yeah it does seem to help initially doesn't it?
also very effective for stopping a cold sore in its tracks in those first few moments at first tingle, hold ice cube firm on 'tingling' spot for 30-45 minutes minimum (going through several cubes if necessary) and 9 times out of 10 the cold sore won't form, period. but it has to be 'at first tingle' as if afterwards it's probably too late.

you could also try rubbing a garlic clove on the cyst and 'strapping' the clove under a band-aid over the cyst overnight. i've done this myself before when i used to get the occasional cystic body acne and in so doing i was able to cut my cyst-healing time by at least half. it really works very well because garlic is an incredibly powerful antibacterial agent, to say nothing of many healthy properties when ingested. you just get a garlic clove, cut it open so you've got the fresh raw inside of the garlic clove exposed, and rub it back and forth on the cyst firmly for a minute. then make sure the fresh raw inside of the garlic clove is facing the skin and strap it firmly in place over the cyst using a band-aid (plaster for those in the UK). doing this every night and leaving it on overnight will bring it an average cyst to a head within 1 week for most, sometimes 2 weeks for more stubborn ones. WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT POP THE CYST. This is seriously major-league STUPID, take it from someone who's learned the hard way. Just don't do it. You think you're sorted but you've really just fucked yourself, it's not going to be pretty and you've seriously set back your healing of the cyst to say nothing of quite likely causing an even deeper longer-lasting infection followed by a very likely scar.

#4 Antony

Antony

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:22 PM

ps the garlic method works very well on any and all pimples for that matter

#5 tommy_boi

tommy_boi

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:59 AM

About the not popping a cyst thing, i usually do this if i see a head on it, and it usually never does me any harm, just thought i'd add that, but yeah i understand don't try and pop a cyst if it has no head as it wont do any good at all, it will just make it red and worse than it was.

tommy boi's regimen

• Exfoliate: Exfoliating Gloves
  • Cleanse: Pears Soap
  • Moisturise: Johnson's Baby Moisturising Cream / Eucerin Dry Skin Relief Face Cream
  • Treat: Sudocrem / Try Not To Pick
  • Milk Intake: No More Milk As From 19th/June/2013

*Clear Skin Status 95% Overall [Face And Neck]*

UPDATED 9TH/OCTOBER/2013

- - - Just body acne left now, which i am going to try and battle more than ever from now on - - -

#6 ppx11

ppx11

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:07 PM

so do i put the ice cube on after i pop a pimple or before, while its red and starting to get ripe and oh so delicious?

#7 Kat

Kat

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:08 AM

Yeah I do this when I have big pustules, nodules, or cysts that are coming up, active, burst, healing...it helps no matter what stage the bump is in.

I haven't done it in a while though because, lucky for me, I haven't had any of the above for a couple of weeks.

It's good to use after a hot shower if your face is feeling irritated, and also if after applying topicals you have bumps that feel a bit sore and throbbing, just wrap the cube in a bit of glad wrap that way your topicals don't get washed off or watered down.
Morning
Neutrogena Pore Refining Cleanser
Neutrogena Skin Clearing Gel (SA 2%)
Olay Complete SPF15 Moisturiser (Lotion)

Night
Olay Daily Facials Cleansing Cloths - Normal to Dry
Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy Forte Skin Resurfacing Cream

Spot treat with Queene Helene Mint Julep Mask
Dettol Soothing Antiseptic Cream 2-3x a week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users