Photo

Does tap water cause acne?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 civ2

civ2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:53 PM

I just saw a post where someone said tap water should be avoided because it may cause acne, is this true?

#2 Blo0dCrIeSZ

Blo0dCrIeSZ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(civ2 @ May 10 2005, 11:53 PM)
I just saw a post where someone said tap water should be avoided because it may cause acne, is this true?

View Post

I hate how people say a billion things cause acne! it is completely ridiculous! I am waiting for someone to come and say the chemicals in the air is causing our acne so we should wear gas masks. It really can make a person crazy, upset, and hopeless.

#3 aquaman

aquaman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

your joking right?

what next, are we going to start blaming air for causing acne. We could all start living in bubbles, drinking bottled water

#4 aquaman

aquaman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE(bloodcries @ May 10 2005, 03:58 PM)
I hate how people say a billion things cause acne!  it is completely ridiculous!  I am waiting for someone to come and say the chemicals in the air is causing our acne so we should wear gas masks.  It really can make a person crazy, upset, and hopeless.

View Post

funny , we were thinking the same thing

#5 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:23 PM

I don't like all the clorine in the water (If I set it aside for an hourit evaporates though), but it won't cause your acne. JUst about every study done has shown that most mineral or spring water is no better for you than tap water. In fact is you're in the NE USA most of your bottled water unless distilled is from a tap somewhere, even if it ways spring or whatever.

#6 aquaman

aquaman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ May 10 2005, 04:23 PM)
I don't like all the clorine in the water (If I set it aside for an hourit evaporates though), but it won't cause your acne. JUst about every study done has shown that most mineral or spring water is no better for you than tap water. In fact is you're in the NE USA most of your bottled water unless distilled is from a tap somewhere, even if it ways spring or whatever.

View Post

hey, you must of see the same show I did a few days ago. Thats what they said about bottled and tap water.

#7 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:53 PM

On 20/20? Yes I did, but there have been numerous studies done before this. I believe one company selling 1.50 a bottle water ended up getting caught just filling up thier bottles from the tap.

#8 ξ®ٱ©

ξ®ٱ©

Doesn't listen to emotions, listens to logic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE(civ2 @ May 10 2005, 07:53 PM)

View Post

I don't think tap water will cause acne. Are talking about washing with it or drinking it?

Let's try not to be too harsh on people for just asking as simple question guys.

#9 Guest_Amy Lee_*

Guest_Amy Lee_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:37 PM

I also don't think tap water can cause acne.

#10 rockandorroll

rockandorroll

Wannabe Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:51 PM

does breathing cause acne?

#11 blahblahblah

blahblahblah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(erpatter @ May 10 2005, 06:58 PM)
I don't think tap water will cause acne.  Are talking about washing with it or drinking it?

Let's try not to be too harsh on people for just asking as simple question guys.

View Post

i dont think anybody is being harsh. the fact is, is that this portion of acne.org has gotten out of hand. really, if you read these boards for a day, you'll come to the conclusion that EVERYTHING causes acne. from the sugar in fruit, to oatmeal, to bread, to pasta, to milk, to cottage cheese, to whey protein, to soy, to tap wate, to air, to breathing, to sleeping on the side of your face, to talking on the phone, to eating non-green vegetables, etc

talk about exercise in obsession. this board has slowly turned into absolute insanity over time. at least, thats my opinion.

#12 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE(erpatter @ May 10 2005, 08:58 PM)
I don't think tap water will cause acne.  Are talking about washing with it or drinking it?

View Post

I agree.

We have well water at our house.

#13 Guest_Amy Lee_*

Guest_Amy Lee_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:06 PM

EDIT

#14 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE(blahblahblah @ May 10 2005, 07:01 PM)
i dont think anybody is being harsh. the fact is, is that this portion of acne.org has gotten out of hand. really, if you read these boards for a day, you'll come to the conclusion that EVERYTHING causes acne. from the sugar in fruit, to oatmeal, to bread, to pasta, to milk, to cottage cheese, to whey protein, to soy, to tap wate, to air, to breathing, to sleeping on the side of your face, to talking on the phone, to eating non-green vegetables, etc

talk about exercise in obsession. this board has slowly turned into absolute insanity over time. at least, thats my opinion.

View Post

I agree I'm just glad I don't come here often maybe once or twice a week I visit to maybe learn something new that could help my condition but everytime I come I see EVERYTHING is BAD for Acne from eggs/pasta/cheese/milk/all types of milk/banana/other fruits and I see people doing diets I would never even imagine. I think people are killing themselves.....

next thing you know they'll be saying "LIVING is what gives you acne.." Die and you'll have clear skin and some fucker will stab himself.

It's gettin out of hand guys... is there anything according to you that is NOT bad for acne. wacko.gif

#15 ξ®ٱ©

ξ®ٱ©

Doesn't listen to emotions, listens to logic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:59 PM

It's just an honest question. Acne is probably driving this person nuts enough to over analyze everything he/she does. I know it may get old hearing about all this stuff people are worried about causing their acne, but how will they know unless they ask? eusa_think.gif

#16 Guest_Amy Lee_*

Guest_Amy Lee_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(erpatter @ May 11 2005, 05:59 AM)
It's just an honest question.  Acne is probably driving this person nuts enough to over analyze everything he/she does.  I know it may get old hearing about all this stuff people are worried about causing their acne, but how will they know unless they ask? eusa_think.gif

View Post

I agree with erpatter on this. If the person asking isn't bugged by acne so much, he won't ask these kinds of questions.. He's just maybe desperate to find out what actually causes his acne in order to prevent it.

But I also agree with the opinions of others.

#17 Jimmy

Jimmy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:06 AM

If anything, some tap water can cause skin dryness. Skin dryness can cause skin irritation. If you are prone to acne, any type of irritation is BAD and can cause problems.

Sometimes it depends on how you treat the skin dryness.

#18 Tristen420

Tristen420

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Wow you guys are assholes... As if asking a question ever actually hurt anybody. Jus to let you know, btw, flouride can trigger acne breakouts, which is definately in tap water, whether it cause acne or not, ignore these assholes, take a break from tap water, an only drink bottled water for a bit. If anything the placebo effect will help you, jus thinking your doing somethings that's working could help clear your skin a bit. The main cause for acne is stress, because it fucks with your hormones, especially if your a teenager, since your hormones are already out of whack. So freaking out about a certain food or drink after consuming it or the chemicals in it actually fucking with your hormones can and will trigger breakouts. Jus remember to stay calm and ignore the people above me who know everything.