Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lactose intolerance and Acne

6 posts in this topic

It seems there is a consensus that dairy and wheat is bad for acne.

Could this be related to lactose intolerance?

I've been reading that if the lactose is not digested (through a absense of lactAse) it just lingers in the gut. This could then be linked to a higher toxicity in the system than results in a higher likelihood of acne.

I'm not too sure about it all, but it's an interesting point.

Any thoughts?

It seems there is a consensus that dairy and wheat is bad for acne.

Could this be related to lactose intolerance?

I've been reading that if the lactose is not digested (through a absense of lactAse) it just lingers in the gut. This could then be linked to a higher toxicity in the system than results in a higher likelihood of acne.

I'm not too sure about it all, but it's an interesting point.

Any thoughts?

I have alot of gas all the time, I'm a 14 year old male, and it's mainly whenever I eat pizza or cheese or something. Am I lactose Intolorant (sp?).

I'm starting to think I am.

I get a lot of gas, and my gut is bloated even though I really dont drink alcohol or eat fatty foods.

And I generally feel sluggish when I eat wheat or diary.

I going to go to a doctor or dietician to find out soon(ish).

I wonder if I am lactose intolerant as well. When I used to eat dairy products it would stay in my system for days. And then it would just all come out.

I wonder if I am lactose intolerant as well.  When I used to eat dairy products it would stay in my system for days.  And then it would just all come out.

"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain