Lactose intolerance and Acne

5 replies to this topic

#1 secondregent

secondregent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 May 2005 - 10:10 AM

It seems there is a consensus that dairy and wheat is bad for acne.
Could this be related to lactose intolerance?

I've been reading that if the lactose is not digested (through a absense of lactAse) it just lingers in the gut. This could then be linked to a higher toxicity in the system than results in a higher likelihood of acne.

I'm not too sure about it all, but it's an interesting point.
Any thoughts?

#2 LoganRuns

LoganRuns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE(secondregent @ May 9 2005, 09:10 AM)
It seems there is a consensus that dairy and wheat is bad for acne.
Could this be related to lactose intolerance?

I've been reading that if the lactose is not digested (through a absense of lactAse) it just lingers in the gut. This could then be linked to a higher toxicity in the system than results in a higher likelihood of acne.

I'm not too sure about it all, but it's an interesting point.
Any thoughts?

View Post

It's unlikely unless you got bowel problems like gas, etc.

The problem with dairy is it is loaded with estrogen, insulin growth factor and arachidonic acid and some forms are highly insulinic.

Logan

#3 Testosterone

Testosterone

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:28 AM

I have alot of gas all the time, I'm a 14 year old male, and it's mainly whenever I eat pizza or cheese or something. Am I lactose Intolorant (sp?).

#4 secondregent

secondregent

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:47 AM

I'm starting to think I am.
I get a lot of gas, and my gut is bloated even though I really dont drink alcohol or eat fatty foods.
And I generally feel sluggish when I eat wheat or diary.

I going to go to a doctor or dietician to find out soon(ish).

#5 ξ®ٱ©

ξ®ٱ©

Doesn't listen to emotions, listens to logic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me
  • Interests:I have some intrests, but not much free time. I attend uni and am majoring in physical therapy. I take my studies pretty seriousally, I'm very competitive, and borderline OCD about my grades. Currently I work 2 jobs in order to pay for school and other bills.<br /><br />In my free time I enjoy reading, bodybuilding, watching sports (football, baseball, and boxing are my favorites), and other things normal people do.<br /><br />I live a fairly health lifestyle. I'm picky about what I eat, some people even call me a health food junkie. <br /><br />I have 2 cats and 2 dogs for pets, I have pics of the cats, but not the dogs yet. If you want to add me to your contact list on AIM or MSN go for it, add me as a friend here if you like. I'm very open, friendly, and easy going.

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:24 AM

I wonder if I am lactose intolerant as well. When I used to eat dairy products it would stay in my system for days. And then it would just all come out.

#6 Minnym0use

Minnym0use

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE(erpatter @ May 12 2005, 08:24 AM)
I wonder if I am lactose intolerant as well.  When I used to eat dairy products it would stay in my system for days.  And then it would just all come out.

View Post

Same here - instant plug in the gut. Now I avoid it. I would rather avoid it than have it slow down my system which it does.
"Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place."

Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users