Is Sweet Almond Oil non-comedogenic?

2 replies to this topic

#1 blondegirl21

blondegirl21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2005 - 05:38 PM

oil that wont break anyone out. I know alot of women I work with use the Sweet Almond Oil as massage oil, but they dont seem to care as much as I do about what breaks my clients out. Anyone know about safe oils that would work so I know what I have to choose from? thanks
~Prettybow~[size=4]

#2 searchingforthesolution

searchingforthesolution

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:22 PM

Hi there,

Please take note I am not a professional in this field, but simply wanted to share what I have read.

This is what they say about sweet almond oil:

It is nearest to the natural oil found in the skin and is beneficial for eczema as well as little wrinkles around the eyes.

Emu oil is an oil that is said to repair and soften skin, to be a natural antiseptic, a proven skin cell regenerator assisting in anti-aging and anti-wrinkling. They say it does not clog pores and is anti-inflammatory (eases pain).
Jojoba oil might be worth looking into as well.

I think it's great that you care about your clients' skin - that is an important factor in being an esthetician!
There are many oils that are both moisturizing and nourishing. I hope you find one that feels good on their skin without causing reactions.

I hope this helps some. smile.gif

Li

''La bougie ne perd rien de sa lumière en la communiquant à une autre bougie.''

"Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most."

Daily:
Cleansing with:
Moisturizing with:
Treating/Deep Cleaning:
Make-up:

-----

Hate is heavy on, and not healing to, the heart.

#3 blondegirl21

blondegirl21

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(searchingforthesolution @ May 3 2005, 07:22 PM)
Hi there,

Please take note I am not a professional in this field, but simply wanted to share what I have read.

This is what they say about sweet almond oil:

It is nearest  to the natural oil found in the skin and is beneficial for eczema as well as little wrinkles around the eyes.

Emu oil is an oil that is said to repair and soften skin, to be a natural antiseptic, a proven skin cell regenerator assisting in anti-aging and anti-wrinkling.  They say it does not clog pores and is anti-inflammatory (eases pain).
Jojoba oil might be worth looking into as well.

I think it's great that you care about your clients' skin - that is an important factor in being an esthetician! 
There are many oils that are both moisturizing and nourishing.  I hope you find one that feels good on their skin without causing reactions.

I hope this helps some. smile.gif

Li B.

View Post

Yes surprised.gif that does help, thank you. Ive heard about almond oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, and safflower oil all being good and safe for all skins...but as you and I know, still if theres that "small chance" that it could cause breakout, it will and I want only the best for my clients with acne probs..obviously cause I know how it feels.

~Prettybow~[size=4]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users